• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] ENFJ NF & ENFP NF

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
The key to differentiating ENFJs from ENFPs may be in differentiating NJ from NP. The perceptive function is different. ENFJs perceive with Ni, which derives energy from staying with a vision. NJs tend to take in information in the present that will help them reach a certain point in the future, an "objective." On the other hand, NPs are energized by Ne, which follows emergent possibilities. So they take in information that leads to a changing understanding of the world. Notice that this goal isn't time-bound. The process is the destination.

I think ENFPs are truly changelings. Unlike SPs, they're not in the moment in a physical sense, but NPs are really in the moment with their abstractions. Especially with ENxPs, the rapid transformations of the understanding of the world really show up on the outside.

As far as differentiating the way that NFness manifests itself, I'd say the following. Although all NFs are focused on both people and abstractions, xNFJs are more obviously relational and focused on how they stand with people. xNFJs are additionally focused on abstractions that can help them understand and develop relationships. xNFPs are focused on abstractions that will help them understand the world, albeit they understand the world in a very personal way. xNFPs are interested in people as they embody those abstractions.

I'm not sure if I'm making the distinction clear. When I'm having an identity crisis, I'm focused on refining my understanding of the world. This includes understanding people but not in the context of having a relationship with them, more so just about understanding the significance of their lives. I have a hunch that when xNFJs are under stress they focus on getting on the right foot in their relationships and in their projects.

Feel free to share your reactions. I'd like to hear if this resonates with people or not.

Definately.

I've got an ENFJ friend (girl) who is just like that when it comes to stress & relationships.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
HAHAHAHA, I'm typically very monotone unless I am experiencing strong emotions or trying to influence the mood of the room while most of the ENFPs I know are seem very playful most of the time. It's quite an interesting contrast.

:laugh: yes, it is.

sometimes i'm really entertained by my close ENFJ friend when she is excited because i can tell that she is really wanting to talk about it but won't always immediately get into it. she'll bring it up but wait for me to really ask about it before she dives in - i think she's being polite and conscientious (though we're close enough that sometimes she's just like OMG GUESS WHAT anyway), but it's very funny to me. if i'm that excited about something i can't hold it back for the life of me.

liesl said:
Although all NFs are focused on both people and abstractions, xNFJs are more obviously relational and focused on how they stand with people. xNFJs are additionally focused on abstractions that can help them understand and develop relationships. xNFPs are focused on abstractions that will help them understand the world, albeit they understand the world in a very personal way. xNFPs are interested in people as they embody those abstractions.

this resonates for sure. :yes:

liesl said:
I'm not sure if I'm making the distinction clear. When I'm having an identity crisis, I'm focused on refining my understanding of the world. This includes understanding people but not in the context of having a relationship with them, more so just about understanding the significance of their lives. I have a hunch that when xNFJs are under stress they focus on getting on the right foot in their relationships and in their projects.

i'm not sure about this. i like to work on projects in general when i'm stressed out, though i have lots of projects and lots of hobbies. it's more about the doing than seeing things through to completion, which i suspect is a difference between NFP and NFJ. i also do like to lean on my relationships - but lean on them, not work on them. often this does mean they get strengthened because of bonding but there's nothing particularly proactive about it. as for identity crises, the best way i handle that is to dive right into something like typology and work on it. i occasionally have these terrifying moments where i don't have any direction (like when i've gone through all my tabs online, lol), and then i find something to dive into. i suppose that is refining my understanding of the world.