I'm so sleepy from my red eye but I wanted to add how gender might play a part as well. Two ENFP I know and a 3rd guy who I thought might also be ENFP are not ones to shy away from fights. Actually, ask Nomadic about how he likes to talk ish to other guys! LOL. My ENFP male friend actually had a car chase with some neo-nazis (okay, maybe slight exxageration, they might have just been punks, i dunno) in his hometown bc as he was leaving a 7-11 said neonazis were staring at him too hard so he yelled at them, 'What the fuck are you looking at?!" and said car chase ensued.

I think women are often taught growing up to swallow down anger or any justified loud/angry/confrontational reaction/behavior so it often gets repressed or comes out sideways (passive aggresive, seemingly sudden tirades) and sometimes gets displaced or softened in not as damaging ways. Men are definitely more encouraged and expected to be traditionally "confrontational" and don't have to apologize for it.

Anywhoo, as Fi is partly just wearing your emotional nerve center on your outside in a way, i.e. 'leading with the heart' - I wouldn't be surprised if ENFP men were more hotheaded than ENFP women.

Also, I think enneatype speaks volumes, too. A 7w6 or 7w8 is likely to push back hard or pre-empt aggression and a 3 will not knowingly be made a fool of in public.

And it also depends on context and who is pushing whom first. Confrontation happens everyday in many small and large scales. It doesn't necessarily imply physical violence or altercations.

Ok, sleepy time now for me!