User Tag List

123 Last

Default unexpected visitors at your home

This. I am drunk.

I drank the whole time she was here.

I value my time alone. I have my little condo, my isolated spot. It is my shelter in which I sit and just chill. On the weekends I dont plan things-mostly I just chill out with my kids. I sit on the front steps while the toddler plays with his toys in his pile of sand. Sometimes I read a book or I paint little pictures. I let my thoughts drift through Ne, watch the clouds, watch the wind in the trees...think about topics of interest to me.

I showered this morning, put on a little sundress and just savored a day without plans. So I was sitting ruminating on antisocials thread, when someone knocks at my door.

It is another enfp. She comes in, starts talking and stays for two hours. She leaves her two children behind for me to watch. She drinks my beer, eats my food, and just talks. For two hours. She wouldnt leave. She talks about things I do not care about.

I feel-OFFENDED. My sanctuary has been invaded. This IS MY PLACE. If I wanted you here, I would have invited you. I would have asked you here. To just stop by, hang out for two hours? I was so pissed. If I wanted you here I would have answered your phone calls. I did not.

The only person who can do this-my best friend ENTP. The rest of the world-Fuck no. If I do not invite you, do not just drop by unannounced. If you do so, make it a few minute visit then leave. Dont just hang out.

Fuck.

So the point of this thread-Am I alone on this one? Do other people find this offensive and annoying?

(gO DRUNK POSTING!)

MBTI
    INFP

just tell her you need to get some stuff done

Phantonym

Oh...:eek:...that's my worst nightmare. I can relate. I am happy to host people from time to time but they have to give me at least a day's notice beforehand so that I could have time to get ready for it. It's not about cleaning up the place or anything, it's more about mental preparation for people, indeed, invading my place. I consider my home my absolute sanctuary, it's "My place" as well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't get too many people dropping by. Most of the ones that do, I don't mind. I really don't like cleaning house, though, so if you don't want to see a house that needs cleaning, give me a couple of days notice. Then don't expect too much.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

My friends know better than to drop by. I just won't let them in. I just tell them (and I aint lying) that the place is a mess. And they should've given me a heads up.

The only ones that do this are actually the real estate people who're trying to get this building sold. Pisses me off completely. We've stopped answering the doorbell unless we are expecting someone and pretend we're not home. And since no one else is this rude..it works just fine.

I have no problem with people dropping by, but let me know. Otherwise, I aint home. Even if I am. I'm off in my own little inner world and the sign 'do not disturb' *will* be on the door.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Unless its someone coming over to have surprise hot sex with me or they bring a big bag of weed.. I hate uninvited "guests"
    I am still a good host when they do though.. I figure if they want to come hang out with me.. they must be having some kind of real hard time..

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i don't have that many friends in the first place, lol.

no, i mean they always text me, if they'd like to spend time with me and vice versa. i wouldn't let anyone in, if i wanted to be alone... i can understand you being annoyed, if she just walked into your house without asking

btw, i'm drinking right now, too.
    Enneagram 5w4.

People know better than to do that to me.
    I won't answer the door.

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    i don't have that many friends in the first place, lol.

no, i mean they always text me, if they'd like to spend time with me and vice versa. i wouldn't let anyone in, if i wanted to be alone... i can understand you being annoyed, if she just walked into your house without asking

btw, i'm drinking right now, too.
    I have these huge front windows-I just stared out them. Surely you jest? But no...

Yeah on beer three now.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I won't answer the door.
    Oh yeah, I do that too. Purely out of spite. Inconsiderate jerks who don't know how to use a phone so that I could tell them not to bother coming.