User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    It's not about cleaning up the place or anything, it's more about mental preparation for people, indeed, invading my place. I consider my home my absolute sanctuary, it's "My place" as well.
    Well said! I feel the same way mental preparation is essential.

I hate when people do that. I absolutely hate it.

I also hate when you go out with friend(s) and all you want to do is go home and have it quiet, but they follow you in your door... And then ask if you have anything to drink... and you (I) cannot be rude... and then they stay... It happened last night.

Thanks for this thread, now I don't feel like such a jerk that all I could think about was how annoyed I was.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INTP

Word to the mental preparation thing. I hate thinking I have some time to myself and someone showing up unexpectedly. Especially on Sunday. People who want to drop by and see you on Sunday are the worst.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

She left her kids there? Ugh.

I don't let people in if I'm not expecting/mentally ready for company. My house is usually a mess- come to think of it, that might be why I keep it messy, so I control when company can stay. I always have that ready-made excuse ("oh, I would invite you in, by my house is super messy") so they say what they need to say on the doorstep and then we part ways amicably.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Relating this back to type, I think self-pres variant people would most likely dislike when others invite themselves to our homes more than other instincts. A sx|sp here!

I hate when people just pop up at my house. I don't like it. However, I can't tell them that. It hurts their feelings But seriously, if you want to come over, ask me a few days in advance, so I can clean and organize and then we can hang. I can't pinpoint exactly why I'm that way. I'm just very private, and I feel like my home is my sanctuary, like someone else here said. It's a matter of trust, and I won't allow just anyone inside. Further, I've always thought my house to be separate from everything else. It's where I can find solitude and quiet and have some *me* time, and when I choose to leave the house only then do I feel obliged to interact with other people. Not otherwise. I hate being caught off guard at my own place.

Also, I'm always half-clothed when people come by. I'm never prepared.

I don't mind most of the time. I can be a pretty big shut-in, so it's kind of nice when people drop by for a quick chat.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Yes,I understand you perfectly.
    Although...are you sure you`re an E?
    "It might seem like you've got me where you want me and my game is up, but luck is a funny thing. I hope you know how to laugh, because things are about to get really funny."

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Malkaro View Post
    Yes,I understand you perfectly.
    Although...are you sure you`re an E?
    I have noticed that ENFPs despite their Eness display some very Iish behaviors.. I refer to them as the Intoverted extraverts.
    But once home, I don't think E or I matters.. Home is a perosnal space and some people regardless of being E or I do not like that pesonal space invaded..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

hmmm... never had this problem. Very few people I meet in my daily life know where I live and I only, in the past 4 years, had invited friends over 4 times... I guess people get the idea that I don't want to be bothered at all when I'm at home.

Glycerine

Even as an ENFJ, I would HATE for that to happen. I want it planned or I will ask the person when and if they want to hang out.