Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Fs Bond Quickly!

I know that Fs are supposed to be led more by ethical concerns and when it comes down to it we often choose by how we feel, but something else I've noticed is that we bond very easily both in friendship and romantically, both in real life and on-line. And Ts are like WTF??

Discuss.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I know that Fs are supposed to be led more by ethical concerns and when it comes down to it we often choose by how we feel, but something else I've noticed is that we bond very easily both in friendship and romantically, both in real life and on-line. And Ts are like WTF??

Discuss.
    This needs to be defined further upon the introversion (inner thoughts) and extroversion (outer thoughts) scale and the ability to communicate. Plus the perception (seeing people as they are) and judging (socially encompassing within their value range). And J/P diff matters in relation to E/I too. Irrespective of how accessible and expressive F's are in being friendly, has to do with different preferences. And N (hypothesis) and S (practicality) have a bearing too somehow.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    This needs to be defined further upon the introversion (inner thoughts) and extroversion (outer thoughts) scale and the ability to communicate. Plus the perception (seeing people as they are) and judging (socially encompassing within their value range). And J/P diff matters in relation to E/I too. Irrespective of how accessible and expressive F's are in being friendly, has to do with different preferences. And N (hypothesis) and S (practicality) have a bearing too somehow.
    Divided by F. F's have this similar tendency of easier familiarity. as compared to the only "other side".

I bond initially with people very well and very sincerely too, but there is a deeper bond that comes quite slowly actually.

MBTI
    INFP

Perhaps people think Fs are more friendly because it is a commonly-accepted stereotype, so when people self-identify as Fs others see them as self-identifying friendly folks (and they very well could be, thus their identification with F, however misled), so they themselves are more open and friendly toward the F because the threat of the unknown is gone, thus creating good rapport between the F and the other party, ultimately generating the appearance that Fs make friends easier.

Enneagram
    1w2

Curious: why did you place this in NF personal threads?

I always find it interesting how people choose to place general threads like this.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Perhaps people think Fs are more friendly because it is a commonly-accepted stereotype, so when people self-identify as Fs others see them as self-identifying friendly folks (and they very well could be, thus their identification with F, however misled), so they themselves are more open and friendly toward the F because the threat of the unknown is gone, thus creating good rapport between the F and the other party, ultimately generating the appearance that Fs make friends easier.
    Most people don't know a person's MBTI orientation when they first meet someone. Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding your comment...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

It depends on the particular person. If I find we have much to talk about and/or we have things in common, then I can bond very easily. This doesn't happen often, because I don't initiate many relationships, but when I do form bonds, they are close. Meanwhile, my ENxP and ExFJ friends get to know people very quickly and have a wide circle of friends. I think Enneagram variant and extraversion/introversion has a lot to do with how quickly one bonds.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think this applies moreso to extroverts who are comfortable in the Feeling realm.

In one way I suppose I bond quickly in that I tend to pay attention in a certain way to people I encounter and can often figure out what they need to hear or something in that moment. I'm rather private and it takes a long time to open up in certain ways, so I suppose there is a dichotomy of sorts for me in this regard.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)