• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Fs Bond Quickly!

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
No, honey, that's cunnilingus.

cunning |ˈkəni ng |
adjective
1 having or showing skill in achieving one's ends by deceit or evasion : a cunning look came into his eyes.
• ingenious : plants have evolved cunning defenses.
2 attractive; quaint : the baby will look cunning in that pink print.
noun
skill in achieving one's ends by deceit : a statesman to whom cunning had come as second nature.
• ingenuity : what resources of energy and cunning it took just to survive.
DERIVATIVES
cunningly adverb
cunningness noun

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ok - Fe bonds. I think ExFPs bond too.

INFPs, maybe not so much. ISFPs though, seem more open.

I also think that IxFJs bond more slowly, but they do bond.

Wouldn't a J come to the decision faster than a P? A P, especially an NP would still be gathering information on whether the other person is of bonding material

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do not bond easily nor quickly. I am more often told that I am guarded than friendly or warm. I find real connections rare and hard to come by, but my own withdrawal & inconsistency is partly to blame. I also have a high standard for what I consider a friend.

When I truly do bond with someone though, it is a strong, long-lasting bond that is hard to break. Much time can go by without contact, but the feeling remains, and when I see them again, we can pick up right where we left off.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I do not bond easily nor quickly. I am more often told that I am guarded than friendly or warm. I find real connections rare and hard to come by, but my own withdrawal & inconsistency is partly to blame. I also have a high standard for what I consider a friend.

When I truly do bond with someone though, it is a strong, long-lasting bond that is hard to break. Much time can go by without contact, but the feeling remains, and when I see them again, we can pick up right where we left off.

I'm exactly like this...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Bond is too strong a word for me, I think. I can have feelings of affection and a desire for good things for almost anybody. I don't really become attached to people all that quickly or want to spend a lot of time with very many people.

Where N = "posts by cafe which made me think 'well, there's no need for me to post anymore, she's already said what I would have said'", this post = N+1.

P

Phantonym

Bond is too strong a word for me, I think. I can have feelings of affection and a desire for good things for almost anybody. I don't really become attached to people all that quickly or want to spend a lot of time with very many people.

Re. OP - I don't think this pertains to me.

I'd say I can get along quite easily (i.e. conflict free, making others feel valued/appreciated) with pretty much anyone, on a superficial level, but when it comes to an actual deep connection and *really* getting to know someone (and wanting to), it happens rarely. I wouldn't say I 'bond' easily when it comes to friendships or romances.

Yes, this is exactly how it is for me as well.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm..I think I do feel bonds easily. I think I feel connections to some of you and you may not even realize it. I'm beginning to realize that I'm highly emotional tho. :/

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yeah....and I have stronger connections to imaginary people I've created than most real people I know :horor:
:D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh yeah....and I have stronger connections to imaginary people I've created than most real people I know :horor:

:thelook:

....mmmkay...so, yeah, to reiterate: INFPs, not so much.....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wouldn't a J come to the decision faster than a P? A P, especially an NP would still be gathering information on whether the other person is of bonding material

In this case, I'm thinking no.

It may be an ExFx thang...but I still think IxFJs bond faster and more warmly than Ts.

Meanwhile, INFPs are apparently having tea parties with Polly Prissy Pants.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
nor INFJs, if I had to venture a guess.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meanwhile, INFPs are apparently having tea parties with Polly Prissy Pants.

Imagination is more vivid than reality sometimes. It's really a bonding with self, since any story/character is created by me (we're not talking imaginary friends here, although the Calvin & Hobbes effect may not be too far off for some children INFPs). Mention this on an all INFP forum and everyone gets it...other types think you're :crazy: :D

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Depends on what you mean by quickly and bond. I connect with others easily in that I can relate to them and enjoy their presence; but bond, no. It takes quite awhile for me to bond with people. It's not a frequent occurence at all actually.

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
I bond initially with people very well and very sincerely too, but there is a deeper bond that comes quite slowly actually.

^
This.

The slow-bonding INFPs here seem to be disproving the thread title. So I'm thinking that it's not F, although that may contribute, in combination with one or more other factors.

sculpting

Hmm..I think I do feel bonds easily. I think I feel connections to some of you and you may not even realize it. I'm beginning to realize that I'm highly emotional tho. :/

Typically I bond with Te through discussions, debate, thinking and so on.

I bond with Fi exceptionally rarely. Because I never use it. So when I try and use it with others, it is very black or white and it can be childlike in its acceptance of the other person in their totality, faults and all. It feels very strong and deep. Like Lady X I have bonds with some of you here as well, even though I have never met you. (Dont tell them but I feel exceptionally close to two of the ENTPs.) To those people-I feel closer to them than most IRL people I know-kinda like what orange appled is saying about imaginary people. I feel like by seeing their posts, their thoughts, be sharing their internal selves, I understand them more than I would if I had met them IRL, thus I feel very close-without any need for ever meeting them.

Oddly-if another person makes an emotional overture to me, it actually brings out a reciprocal emotional overture on my part. So for them to care about me, makes me care deeply about them. But my Fi is so childlike honestly, this could be a sign of it having no resolution in how it attaches.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To those people-I feel closer to them than most IRL people I know-kinda like what orange appled is saying about imaginary people. I feel like by seeing their posts, their thoughts, be sharing their internal selves, I understand them more than I would if I had met them IRL, thus I feel very close-without any need for ever meeting them.

Even in person, several of my closest friends developed through writing. Probably why most of my closest friends are long-distance now. We met in person & began a friendship in the usual way, but when they moved we got closer through letter/email communication.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i find this bit hard, because i start to care about people very quickly, if they share their feelings with me. i have to be careful with my fi, though... because it gets a bit difficult, if you find yourself in it too deep.

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP
I

Yes, most definitely me. Once I love someone, I'll love them always, regardless of time and distance. I never feel like I've lost someone, once I've called them my friend. It goes very deep with me.