• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Fs Bond Quickly!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know that Fs are supposed to be led more by ethical concerns and when it comes down to it we often choose by how we feel, but something else I've noticed is that we bond very easily both in friendship and romantically, both in real life and on-line. And Ts are like WTF??

Discuss.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
letter-f.jpg

T-bond.png

calculation.gif

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I know that Fs are supposed to be led more by ethical concerns and when it comes down to it we often choose by how we feel, but something else I've noticed is that we bond very easily both in friendship and romantically, both in real life and on-line. And Ts are like WTF??

Discuss.

This needs to be defined further upon the introversion (inner thoughts) and extroversion (outer thoughts) scale and the ability to communicate. Plus the perception (seeing people as they are) and judging (socially encompassing within their value range). And J/P diff matters in relation to E/I too. Irrespective of how accessible and expressive F's are in being friendly, has to do with different preferences. And N (hypothesis) and S (practicality) have a bearing too somehow.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This needs to be defined further upon the introversion (inner thoughts) and extroversion (outer thoughts) scale and the ability to communicate. Plus the perception (seeing people as they are) and judging (socially encompassing within their value range). And J/P diff matters in relation to E/I too. Irrespective of how accessible and expressive F's are in being friendly, has to do with different preferences. And N (hypothesis) and S (practicality) have a bearing too somehow.

Divided by F. F's have this similar tendency of easier familiarity. as compared to the only "other side".

gromit

likes this
I bond initially with people very well and very sincerely too, but there is a deeper bond that comes quite slowly actually.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Perhaps people think Fs are more friendly because it is a commonly-accepted stereotype, so when people self-identify as Fs others see them as self-identifying friendly folks (and they very well could be, thus their identification with F, however misled), so they themselves are more open and friendly toward the F because the threat of the unknown is gone, thus creating good rapport between the F and the other party, ultimately generating the appearance that Fs make friends easier.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Curious: why did you place this in NF personal threads?

I always find it interesting how people choose to place general threads like this.

gromit

likes this
Perhaps people think Fs are more friendly because it is a commonly-accepted stereotype, so when people self-identify as Fs others see them as self-identifying friendly folks (and they very well could be, thus their identification with F, however misled), so they themselves are more open and friendly toward the F because the threat of the unknown is gone, thus creating good rapport between the F and the other party, ultimately generating the appearance that Fs make friends easier.

Most people don't know a person's MBTI orientation when they first meet someone. Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding your comment...

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It depends on the particular person. If I find we have much to talk about and/or we have things in common, then I can bond very easily. This doesn't happen often, because I don't initiate many relationships, but when I do form bonds, they are close. Meanwhile, my ENxP and ExFJ friends get to know people very quickly and have a wide circle of friends. I think Enneagram variant and extraversion/introversion has a lot to do with how quickly one bonds.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think this applies moreso to extroverts who are comfortable in the Feeling realm.

In one way I suppose I bond quickly in that I tend to pay attention in a certain way to people I encounter and can often figure out what they need to hear or something in that moment. I'm rather private and it takes a long time to open up in certain ways, so I suppose there is a dichotomy of sorts for me in this regard.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Bond is too strong a word for me, I think. I can have feelings of affection and a desire for good things for almost anybody. I don't really become attached to people all that quickly or want to spend a lot of time with very many people.

B

brainheart

I bond very quickly with those I feel a connection to. It's either there or it isn't. And if it isn't, it never will be. So if the other I bonded with ends it, it's like a limb's been hacked off. I never fully recover. (Because I take this bonding very seriously- it is magical and rare. But I think that's more of an e4 thing.)