Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Wouldn't a J come to the decision faster than a P? A P, especially an NP would still be gathering information on whether the other person is of bonding material
    In this case, I'm thinking no.

It may be an ExFx thang...but I still think IxFJs bond faster and more warmly than Ts.

Meanwhile, INFPs are apparently having tea parties with Polly Prissy Pants.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

nor INFJs, if I had to venture a guess.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Meanwhile, INFPs are apparently having tea parties with Polly Prissy Pants.
    Imagination is more vivid than reality sometimes. It's really a bonding with self, since any story/character is created by me (we're not talking imaginary friends here, although the Calvin & Hobbes effect may not be too far off for some children INFPs). Mention this on an all INFP forum and everyone gets it...other types think you're :crazy:
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Oh yeah....and I have stronger connections to imaginary people I've created than most real people I know :horor:

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Depends on what you mean by quickly and bond. I connect with others easily in that I can relate to them and enjoy their presence; but bond, no. It takes quite awhile for me to bond with people. It's not a frequent occurence at all actually.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I bond initially with people very well and very sincerely too, but there is a deeper bond that comes quite slowly actually.
    ^
    This.

The slow-bonding INFPs here seem to be disproving the thread title. So I'm thinking that it's not F, although that may contribute, in combination with one or more other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Hmm..I think I do feel bonds easily. I think I feel connections to some of you and you may not even realize it. I'm beginning to realize that I'm highly emotional tho. :/
    Oh yeah....and I have stronger connections to imaginary people I've created than most real people I know :horor:
    I do not bond easily nor quickly. I am more often told that I am guarded than friendly or warm. I find real connections rare and hard to come by, but my own withdrawal & inconsistency is partly to blame. I also have a high standard for what I consider a friend.

When I truly do bond with someone though, it is a strong, long-lasting bond that is hard to break. Much time can go by without contact, but the feeling remains, and when I see them again, we can pick up right where we left off.
    Typically I bond with Te through discussions, debate, thinking and so on.

I bond with Fi exceptionally rarely. Because I never use it. So when I try and use it with others, it is very black or white and it can be childlike in its acceptance of the other person in their totality, faults and all. It feels very strong and deep. Like Lady X I have bonds with some of you here as well, even though I have never met you. (Dont tell them but I feel exceptionally close to two of the ENTPs.) To those people-I feel closer to them than most IRL people I know-kinda like what orange appled is saying about imaginary people. I feel like by seeing their posts, their thoughts, be sharing their internal selves, I understand them more than I would if I had met them IRL, thus I feel very close-without any need for ever meeting them.

Oddly-if another person makes an emotional overture to me, it actually brings out a reciprocal emotional overture on my part. So for them to care about me, makes me care deeply about them. But my Fi is so childlike honestly, this could be a sign of it having no resolution in how it attaches.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    To those people-I feel closer to them than most IRL people I know-kinda like what orange appled is saying about imaginary people. I feel like by seeing their posts, their thoughts, be sharing their internal selves, I understand them more than I would if I had met them IRL, thus I feel very close-without any need for ever meeting them.
    Even in person, several of my closest friends developed through writing. Probably why most of my closest friends are long-distance now. We met in person & began a friendship in the usual way, but when they moved we got closer through letter/email communication.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i find this bit hard, because i start to care about people very quickly, if they share their feelings with me. i have to be careful with my fi, though... because it gets a bit difficult, if you find yourself in it too deep.
    Enneagram 5w4.

MBTI
    INFP

I

When I truly do bond with someone though, it is a strong, long-lasting bond that is hard to break. Much time can go by without contact, but the feeling remains, and when I see them again, we can pick up right where we left off.
    Yes, most definitely me. Once I love someone, I'll love them always, regardless of time and distance. I never feel like I've lost someone, once I've called them my friend. It goes very deep with me.