• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Who has thicker skin ENFP or ENFJ ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As the title says: Which one of those two types is harder to throw out of balance ?

The thing is that only this two types are extroverted idealists so they need alot of approval of all sorts and kinds from people. So I am wondering what are the differences between those two when it comes to this ?

I am aware of the factor that all people are unique individuals.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
In my experiences.. ENFJs will back down a lot quicker than ENFPs..
ENFPs are quite feisty when confronted and have a difficult time admitting they are wrong..

SO I would say ENFJs have the thicker skin because they more willing to admit they are wrong when they are wrong.

But I admit I don't know what the hell I am talking about.. :laugh:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
ENFPs are quite feisty when confronted and have a difficult time admitting they are wrong..

SO I would say ENFJs have the thicker skin because they more willing to admit they are wrong when they are wrong.

Actually this would suggest that ENFPs have thicker skin.

gromit

likes this
As the title says: Which one of those two types is harder to throw out of balance ?

The thing is that only this two types are extroverted idealists so they need alot of approval of all sorts and kinds from people. So I am wondering what are the differences between those two when it comes to this ?
Can you explain the question a little more? Do you mean in terms of confrontation in general, which is more likely to back down? Or do you mean which is easier to make mad or sad?

Interesting... I only have a couple data points for observation, but I would have said almost the opposite. At least for me, I tend to give other people the benefit of the doubt TOO much, rather than not admit I am wrong. Or just try to make sure everybody's points of view have been acknowledged in a situation.

Probably also though, I don't like people to know how much I love approval. I really really do. It sort of disgusts me.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Can you explain the question a little more? Do you mean in terms of confrontation in general, which is more likely to back down? Or do you mean which is easier to make mad or sad?

Well the question is asked in so unspecific way because I am interested in all angles on the issue.

So to answer you question : I am looking for an answer to both of these questions.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

I agree that ENFPs tend to go on the defensive a lot more quickly. I feel I have to watch what I say more around them than ENFJs. But then again, ENFJs tend to go on the offensive when they feel slighted, which gives the appearance of thicker skin. I guess I'm just more suited to hostile confrontation than I am to coddling and apologizing, so ENFJs are easier for me to deal with.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Actually this would suggest that ENFPs have thicker skin.

The most difficult thing to face is yourself.. SO this to me would suggest whoever can look at themselves and admit they are wrong has the bigger balls..

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I agree that ENFPs tend to go on the defensive a lot more quickly. I feel I have to watch what I say more around them than ENFJs. But then again, ENFJs tend to go on the offensive when they feel slighted, which gives the appearance of thicker skin.

From what I have seen this seems to true.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
He wasn't asking about bigger balls, he was asking about thicker skin. ;)

I was gonna answer the OP with "ENFJs" = thicker skin. But then, it seems like certain things bother ENFJs that don't ENFPs, maybe that is a function of the difference between Fe and Fi.

In general ENFJs can handle abrasiveness and suffer fools much more easily than ENFPs can. I think for an ENFJ it rolls of their backs more naturally. No, scratch the second part. Rather, I think ENFJs and ENFPs are each specially suited to handle a diffferent types of "bad apple" or "problem person".

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

I was gonna answer the OP with "ENFJs" = thicker skin. But then, it seems like certain things bother ENFJs that don't ENFPs, maybe that is a function of the difference between Fe and Fi.

In general ENFJs can handle abrasiveness and suffer fools much more easily than ENFPs can. I think for an ENFJ it rolls of their backs more naturally. No, scratch the second part. Rather, I think ENFJs and ENFPs are each specially suited to handle a diffferent types of "bad apple" or "problem person".

I see your point.. To me courage is the root of thick skin .. But I still see your point.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Not to mention that neither ENFPs or ENFJs have balls in most cases. :doh:

To be honest this dilemma is actually why I am asking this. Especially since both types are fairly I will dare to say "soft from my perspective".
So I have a problem seeing some of the subtle differences.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Not to mention that neither ENFPs or ENFJs have balls in most cases. :doh:

To be honest this dilemma is actually why I am asking this. Especially since both types are fairly I will dare to say "soft from my perspective".
So I have a problem seeing some of the subtle differences.

Oh, I can attest that NFJ men can be far from soft. I know a lot of ENFJ men and they are caring and kind in every day dealings. But you should never mistake their kindness for weakness.

When pushed to a limit or seeing an injustice done to someone he cares about, my ENFJ cousin flips personalities in an eye blink. I've never seen a more brutal ass whipping doled out by anyone ever.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Oh, I can attest that NFJ men can be far from soft. I know a lot of ENFJ men and they are caring and kind in every day dealings. But you should never mistake their kindness for weakness.

When pushed to a limit or seeing an injustice done to someone he cares about, my ENFJ cousin flips personalities in an eye blink. I've never seen a more brutal ass whipping doled out by anyone ever.

Well I said soft instead of weak for a reason.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What's thicker skin and what would be a sign one doesn't have it?

It's all in the definition really.

Kymlee

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
in my opinon I would think that your personality type cannot decided who has thicker skin. It has more to do what your personal experiences have been throughout your life.
A person who is abused in childhood is more likely to come out of that with a tougher exterior versus someone who lived a happy loving childhood.

But then again, these circumstances mold your type as well so...
hm
I would think that each individual circumstance would have to be weighed before claiming all of one type or the other had a thicker skin.
There will always be exceptions.

by the way,
I have pretty tough skin. ;)

just my 2 cents

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I guess we can define it as a resistance to criticism and rejection in this thred.

From my experience ENFJs don't even acknowledge criticism. They will dismiss it and talk about something else. ENFP will immediately react if they don't agree with your critique and not give a fuck if they do.

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Judging from personal experience alone, I would have to say ENFPs have thicker skin. They don't have all of those wonderful visionary plans that an ENFJ has for me to refuse to cooperate with.:D

Kymlee

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
From my experience ENFJs don't even acknowledge criticism. They will dismiss it and talk about something else. ENFP will immediately react if they don't agree with your critique and not give a fuck if they do.

hrm... maybe I'm a weird ENFJ then. I am usually very open to criticism. I think that it's imperative to accept and learn every step of the way in life, because as individuals we don't "know it all"

Constructive criticism is healthy and I welcome it :)

:cheese:

I don't know, I mean I am just learning about the types and I couldn't honestly say what kind of types I've bumped into, but this gives me something to think about when and if I can recognize types without being told what they are.