User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Who has thicker skin ENFP or ENFJ ?

As the title says: Which one of those two types is harder to throw out of balance ?

The thing is that only this two types are extroverted idealists so they need alot of approval of all sorts and kinds from people. So I am wondering what are the differences between those two when it comes to this ?

I am aware of the factor that all people are unique individuals.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

In my experiences.. ENFJs will back down a lot quicker than ENFPs..
    ENFPs are quite feisty when confronted and have a difficult time admitting they are wrong..

SO I would say ENFJs have the thicker skin because they more willing to admit they are wrong when they are wrong.

But I admit I don't know what the hell I am talking about..

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    ENFPs are quite feisty when confronted and have a difficult time admitting they are wrong..

SO I would say ENFJs have the thicker skin because they more willing to admit they are wrong when they are wrong.

Actually this would suggest that ENFPs have thicker skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    As the title says: Which one of those two types is harder to throw out of balance ?

The thing is that only this two types are extroverted idealists so they need alot of approval of all sorts and kinds from people. So I am wondering what are the differences between those two when it comes to this ?
    Can you explain the question a little more? Do you mean in terms of confrontation in general, which is more likely to back down? Or do you mean which is easier to make mad or sad?

Interesting... I only have a couple data points for observation, but I would have said almost the opposite. At least for me, I tend to give other people the benefit of the doubt TOO much, rather than not admit I am wrong. Or just try to make sure everybody's points of view have been acknowledged in a situation.

Probably also though, I don't like people to know how much I love approval. I really really do. It sort of disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Can you explain the question a little more? Do you mean in terms of confrontation in general, which is more likely to back down? Or do you mean which is easier to make mad or sad?

Well the question is asked in so unspecific way because I am interested in all angles on the issue.

So to answer you question : I am looking for an answer to both of these questions.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I agree that ENFPs tend to go on the defensive a lot more quickly. I feel I have to watch what I say more around them than ENFJs. But then again, ENFJs tend to go on the offensive when they feel slighted, which gives the appearance of thicker skin. I guess I'm just more suited to hostile confrontation than I am to coddling and apologizing, so ENFJs are easier for me to deal with.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Actually this would suggest that ENFPs have thicker skin.
    The most difficult thing to face is yourself.. SO this to me would suggest whoever can look at themselves and admit they are wrong has the bigger balls..

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I agree that ENFPs tend to go on the defensive a lot more quickly. I feel I have to watch what I say more around them than ENFJs. But then again, ENFJs tend to go on the offensive when they feel slighted, which gives the appearance of thicker skin.

From what I have seen this seems to true.

MBTI
    GONE

He wasn't asking about bigger balls, he was asking about thicker skin.

I was gonna answer the OP with "ENFJs" = thicker skin. But then, it seems like certain things bother ENFJs that don't ENFPs, maybe that is a function of the difference between Fe and Fi.

In general ENFJs can handle abrasiveness and suffer fools much more easily than ENFPs can. I think for an ENFJ it rolls of their backs more naturally. No, scratch the second part. Rather, I think ENFJs and ENFPs are each specially suited to handle a diffferent types of "bad apple" or "problem person".
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    He wasn't asking about bigger balls, he was asking about thicker skin.

I was gonna answer the OP with "ENFJs" = thicker skin. But then, it seems like certain things bother ENFJs that don't ENFPs, maybe that is a function of the difference between Fe and Fi.

In general ENFJs can handle abrasiveness and suffer fools much more easily than ENFPs can. I think for an ENFJ it rolls of their backs more naturally. No, scratch the second part. Rather, I think ENFJs and ENFPs are each specially suited to handle a diffferent types of "bad apple" or "problem person".
    I see your point.. To me courage is the root of thick skin .. But I still see your point.