User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    I ignored them because I don't think you are making much sense.

I go for understanding. If you don't want to understand there isn't much point in discussion.
    You said them..SO if your own words don't make sense to you.. don't put it on me.

I have invited you to ask me for clarifcation and have obviously asked the same of you.
    Do you enjoy projecting??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I ignored them = your posts. I ignored your posts.

Ok, I'm very sorry I hurt you, I hope it never happens again. Please forgive me, we apparently have a problem communicating with each other.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Just a explanation.

The reason why this thread exists is because I am interested in personal opinions and experinces about this topic. The theory does not interest me here.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    I ignored them = your posts. I ignored your posts.

Ok, I'm very sorry I hurt you, I hope it never happens again. Please forgive me, we apparently have a problem communicating with each other.
    Darling, I dated an INFJ and we had a very messy break up..LOL now that hurts ..

You entertain me..
    and I have no need to forgive you because you haven't done anything wrong.. have you?
    As you said .. we obviously are having trouble communicating .. but that is pretty common amongst human beings.. You have reamined civil despite it all.

Enneagram

I am going to ignore this confusing dispute (Maybe it's not a dispute I dunno, it seems quasi-angry though) and just stick my thoughts in here.

Well I would say ENFP's have thicker skin because ENFJ's leads with feeling and have inferior thinking. Also, I find it's harder to get at Fi and make them hurt. Fe would hear an insult and think: 'I am supposed to be insulted' and would probably be upset. I suppose, if you do hit the Fi where it hurts though, it REALLY hurts. But I still think Fi has thicker skin, ultimately. I also think ENFP's would let things go quicker with their inferior Si.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    That is a difficult question, because my weaknesses are also my strengths, depending upon the context. But sometimes the context requires of me certain things which do not come naturally to me. Hm... let me think about it and get back to you on it with something more concrete.
    This ties back to what the knife-wielding-enfp-formerly-known-as-Eluar said earlier-maybe growing a thick skin should not be our objective? Cant speak for the ENFJs, just the enfps.

Also reminds me of Lady X's discussion in relationships about debate and growing tougher to tolerate it.

Should an enfp learn to be less emotionally sensitive? Should we learn to build walls to protect ourselves from the world-these thick skins? We end up doing so just to survive, but should we aim to do so as a way to "grow" stronger?

I dunno. The most beautiful enfps I see are the softest most sensitive ones. They are so gentle and sweet. I am not that at all. My walls are like steel most days. It protects me and makes me impervious to pain, yet it isolates me as well. It isnt good to be this tough skinned for an enfp.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I am going to ignore this confusing dispute (Maybe it's not a dispute I dunno, it seems quasi-angry though) and just stick my thoughts in here.

Well I would say ENFP's have thicker skin because ENFJ's leads with feeling and have inferior thinking. Also, I find it's harder to get at Fi and make them hurt. Fe would hear an insult and think: 'I am supposed to be insulted' and would probably be upset. I suppose, if you do hit the Fi where it hurts though, it REALLY hurts. But I still think Fi has thicker skin, ultimately. I also think ENFP's would let things go quicker with their inferior Si.
    Why ignore the dispute in the thread when it's pretty much proving a point? Three NFPs have been going back and forth which each other for dozens of posts over perceived slights and insults.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Why ignore the dispute in the thread when it's pretty much proving a point? Three NFPs have been going back and forth which each other for dozens of posts over perceived slights and insults.
    HAHA, you're right too! I didn't even notice!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    This ties back to what the knife-wielding-enfp-formerly-known-as-Eluar said earlier-maybe growing a thick skin should not be our objective? Cant speak for the ENFJs, just the enfps.

Also reminds me of Lady X's discussion in relationships about debate and growing tougher to tolerate it.

Should an enfp learn to be less emotionally sensitive? Should we learn to build walls to protect ourselves from the world-these thick skins? We end up doing so just to survive, but should we aim to do so as a way to "grow" stronger?

I dunno. The most beautiful enfps I see are the softest most sensitive ones. They are so gentle and sweet. I am not that at all. My walls are like steel most days. It protects me and makes me impervious to pain, yet it isolates me as well. It isnt good to be this tough skinned for an enfp.

Perhaps you are using wrong method. (but you can't have a effect on that)

The real thick skin is when you can deal with thing without being hurt. Building walls around yourself is technically nothing more than running away from the problem. (if you are not solving it)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Wow, that's a unique thing for people to do.

I can't believe I got lumped into a group with No Exit.

I'm enjoying AO giving interpersonal relationship advice.