User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 141

  1. #131
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    ENFPs. We have Fi. We're not openly emotional.

    Personally, I am very thick-skinned. I'm hard to truly offend, and I can stand up for myself.

    all the ENFJs I know are overly emotional and dramatic as HELL. It seems as if something ALWAYS has to be wrong in their lives.
    F=/= emotions. The "openly emotional" depends on who it is, not type. There are some good examples on this forum for both camps.

  2. #132
    Senior Member HotpinkHeatwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    F=/= emotions. The "openly emotional" depends on who it is, not type. There are some good examples on this forum for both camps.
    Eh, from experience, I feel correct.

  3. #133
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    We are both thick skinned. When your insides are sweet and mushy you have to work extra hard to respond to life and look like everyone else.


  4. #134
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    I started to say that my ENFJ coworkers seem really thin skinned to me, but now I'm thinking it is more that they are overly concerned about other people. I feel like they are always walking on eggshells making sure they don't make anyone even the slightest bit irritated. I can't tell if the ENFJ themselves is actually thin skinned or not because all their "sweet and mushy" stuff is so externally focused.

  5. #135
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    enfj definitly, they can stand far more animal sex jokes before calling the police
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #136
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    Eh, from experience, I feel correct.
    That's cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I started to say that my ENFJ coworkers seem really thin skinned to me, but now I'm thinking it is more that they are overly concerned about other people. I feel like they are always walking on eggshells making sure they don't make anyone even the slightest bit irritated. I can't tell if the ENFJ themselves is actually thin skinned or not because all their "sweet and mushy" stuff is so externally focused.
    I am kind of like that but in the end, I don't really give a shit and will speak my mind.

    In some ways, "ENFJs" seem MUCH more detached but in other ways, ENFPs won't let others get to them.... if that makes sense.

  7. #137
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    Eh, from experience, I feel correct.
    Actually I strongly believe you are incorrect. INFPs are more likely to not show emotion publicly or often because of Fi dominance, but ENFPs can be quite dramatic because of extroversion. The standing up for yourself, etc. is Te push (on Fi, it's not just Te by itself) and it's the point I was trying to make earlier in this thread about ENFPs maybe seeming "meaner" or "tougher" because of the ability to build Te walls, or to lash out, but in truth ENFPs do that because Fi tends to actually take things more personally than Fe.

    I stand by my assertion that ENFJs can have outbursts or get emotional or whatever, but Fe tends to actually be more detached, which is why NFJs can continue to produce nurturing and help to others even when they've taken a blow to their personal feelings. I'm not saying that's always healthy, but there it is.

    I've also questioned whether you're actually ENFP and could be an ExTP type...

  8. #138
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    well, for the easy answer, ENFJ.

    thing is, we both take it personally. we both get hurt and angry. but ENFJs protect themselves (and others) with walls of interpersonal removal. ENFPs don't; no Fe. we either open up or we fight back.

    chart - in general,

    if they think you are right in your criticism:
    • ENFJ will take it more rationally outwardly, but may hurt inside
    • ENFP will be more openly hurt/embarrassed

    if they think you are wrong in your criticism:
    • ENFJ will be condescending or give cold shoulder
    • ENFP will launch fiery argument
    Pretty much THIS.

  9. #139
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    ENFJ's, I think, although they might be the ones who are hurt faster but I think they recover faster. (?)

  10. #140
    Senior Member syndatha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    ENFJ's, I think, although they might be the ones who are hurt faster but I think they recover faster. (?)

    I'm far more inclined to become vindictive than hurt.
    I have no sense of humour.

Similar Threads

  1. is this person an ENTP, ENFP or ENFJ (TL:DR warning)
    By bundleofsunshine in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2017, 08:45 PM
  2. ENFP or ENFJ?
    By SingSmileShine in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 11:09 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP or ENFJ
    By IndyGhost in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 01:10 PM
  4. I'm an enfp or enfj
    By Ratsimoan in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 10:20 PM
  5. Who am I?? INFP, ENFP or INTP??? Please help.
    By Ernesto in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO