User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Default changing from infp to enfp

is it possible to start out as an infp child and grow into an enfp?

I know this means the switching order of functions, but I was reading my high school diary and I am quite sure I was infp. My fi was all over the place without a ton of Ne burdening my thoughts and I used to need time to re charge after being with people. I used to not want to hang out with people everyday.

Now I NEED people & interaction and such and I definitely use Ne a bit more than Fi... but is it possible I was once an infp who grew into an enfp or was I just an extremely quiet and potentially unhealthy enfp?
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ISFJ

ENFPs can need time to recharge after lots of social interaction. I sure do. As for your diary, if you were talking about emotions it's easy to understand why it would be more Fi and more focused (less Ne) since you were talking about particular experiences or dreams or whatever.

I've never hanged out with people everyday. In fact when I was younger I didn't even hang out with anyone outside of school aside from a couple of times.

I doubt many ENFPs were as much of a loner as I was/(have been) and I'm definitely still E. I just lived off of videogames and movies and books and internet and the like. External stimulation you can get inside your very own room.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

I'm an ENFJ. I have always been an ENFJ. I may turn into an INFJ when I learn to stop talking.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

type doesent change even if you learn to use your secondary function well and see that most situations are handled easier by using the second function. its pretty common at least for males that infp gets more extroverted in early 20's

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    type doesent change even if you learn to use your secondary function well and see that most situations are handled easier by using the second function
    This is true too. I have a ridiculously high Fi (almost if not as strong as my Ne) and I'm still very much an E (although I could fool people sometimes).

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Maybe you were going through a phase in your life where Fi was really starting to kick in.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Maybe you were going through a phase in your life where Fi was really starting to kick in.
    this seems very possible

I was also a whiny angsty teenage girl who didnt have the patience to write down all her ideas when she was so very obsessed with who sat next to her in the pep rally and how that made her feel lol
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEE

I am a consistent ENFP but have typed as at least 3 or 4 other personalities before arriving at this conclusion. My first experience with the MBTI was in high school where I typed as an INFP. Looking back it makes perfect sense why I was INFP. I was 50/50 on everything except for a strong suggestion of N over S. I liked my type back then and felt it was rather accurate. The next times I did the survey I got consistent Extroversion. I do recall feeling that my survey results were useful but not convincing and did more research and asked the right questions to get to where I am.

In high school I had a rapport with anyone but was close friends with no one (all my very good friends had gone to "alternative" high schools or were homeschooled), except for friends I sought out in other cities via the internet. I have always reached out to people but it was hard to notice so much with the raging teenage Fi and feeling so isolated in my physical environment. Being on the computer doesn't seem like a social activity.. I am also a very intellectual person so being wrapped up in my head a lot it was hard to see how that could qualify as Extroversion or even Feeling. Eventually it all came together

INFPs are near and dear to me, I communicate with that type more naturally than most others because I dearly cherish my NFPness. Introversion has a huge role in my life as an ENFP and in the quiet solitude of my mind I sometimes still am INFP. I am enamored with the healing qualities..
    PURE LOVE ENFP. IEE. 9w1 (0). Saggitarius. Jupiter! FIRE!

~It is only the benevolent man who is capable of liking or disliking other men.
    - Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
    ~Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.
    - Learn as though you would never be able to master it; hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it.

As a kid I would have typed as an INFP but really was more of some sort of weird INFJ shadow.

As a young adult i would have typed as an ENTP-without being quite that clever

At about 27 my enfp started sneaking out in terms of Ne silliness. I'd say Fi? Well the last two years maybe.

Always really an ENFP-Just a really messed up one.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    type doesent change even if you learn to use your secondary function well and see that most situations are handled easier by using the second function. its pretty common at least for males that infp gets more extroverted in early 20's
    I totally agree.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath