User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    is it possible to start out as an infp child and grow into an enfp?

I know this means the switching order of functions, but I was reading my high school diary and I am quite sure I was infp. My fi was all over the place without a ton of Ne burdening my thoughts and I used to need time to re charge after being with people. I used to not want to hang out with people everyday.

Now I NEED people & interaction and such and I definitely use Ne a bit more than Fi... but is it possible I was once an infp who grew into an enfp or was I just an extremely quiet and potentially unhealthy enfp?
    Hmmm... you could just be developing your Ne even though you're Fi dominant. There was a time when I was obsessed with the meaning of life, and death, psychoanalysis, and a lot of Fi-heavy subjects. I was still ENFP, but I was developing my Fi function. As for the need to be with people, or your former quietness, those don't really say much about your cognitive processes. I've been all over the social/non-social spectrum, and am always ENFP.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Now I'm questioning my I-ness v.s E-ness

are there any sure fire ways to tell? Im quite sure i'm an enfp, but id like to confirm this and do-away with this infp possibility if possibleee
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This was really hard for me, too. I actually thought I was INFP at first, but I've been told repeatedly IRL that I'm an extrovert even though I need to spend plenty of time alone. Also, going into Vent here, people reinforced the opinion that there's basically no way in hell I'm an introvert. I don't act INFP IRL, I guess, even if I come across that way sometimes in writing. I actually identify a lot more with overall descriptions of ENFP vs. INFP...it's mostly that I'm not extremely extroverted, and that may be why it was difficult for me to self-type.

I will say that I've been told that I vs. E is the least important distinction in type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    Now I'm questioning my I-ness v.s E-ness

are there any sure fire ways to tell? Im quite sure i'm an enfp, but id like to confirm this and do-away with this infp possibility if possibleee
    Well, not really sure-fire, but my rule-of-thumb is whether you feel energized or drained when in a group of people in a social setting. Note that it's not about whether you enjoy being in a group. Anyone can enjoy group activity if it's something they are passionate about. It's about whether you get tired easily or you feel energized by the interaction.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Well, not really sure-fire, but my rule-of-thumb is whether you feel energized or drained when in a group of people in a social setting. Note that it's not about whether you enjoy being in a group. Anyone can enjoy group activity if it's something they are passionate about. It's about whether you get tired easily or you feel energized by the interaction.
    WHILE in it. Not after it like some type questions ask. I feel drained a lot of the time when I just left a party. I even feel drained sometimes when I'm AT a party.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

oh I never feel drained IN social situations unless the people are assholes lol

i definitely thrive off positive interactions and get a bit stir crazy if left alone for a long time
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    ENFPs can need time to recharge after lots of social interaction. I sure do. As for your diary, if you were talking about emotions it's easy to understand why it would be more Fi and more focused (less Ne) since you were talking about particular experiences or dreams or whatever.

I've never hanged out with people everyday. In fact when I was younger I didn't even hang out with anyone outside of school aside from a couple of times.

I doubt many ENFPs were as much of a loner as I was/(have been) and I'm definitely still E. I just lived off of videogames and movies and books and internet and the like. External stimulation you can get inside your very own room.

I pride mysef in being very engaged in and by others. This can take a lot of of me though and peaceful recharge is essential. I like to proactively balance my information in-take & sorting. Take a lot of info in very fast, follow it up with a meditative time to understand what I've learned.

I liked befriending characters in books

I almost always enjoyed spending time with others, but I went through more or less social phases (depending on my new interests or other kids being easy-going/cliquey that year). I was also very good at entertaining myself, and I think probably had certain games I played with only me (to get all my kid weirdness out without being judged).
    PURE LOVE ENFP. IEE. 9w1 (0). Saggitarius. Jupiter! FIRE!

~It is only the benevolent man who is capable of liking or disliking other men.
    - Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
    ~Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.
    - Learn as though you would never be able to master it; hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it.