User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    on more than one occasion, limey and i have shushed the kids and pretended we weren't home.
    epic scene

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Is this the thread for the anti-socials?

4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Actually I relate to this, and tend to associate it with ESFx...I was just touching upon this in another thread. I think maybe it's because I'm a more mild extrovert.

MBTI
    ENTP

Jen, why don't you tell her about your issue with her son? Clear the air.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ISTP

The key is to say no multiple times.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Jen, why don't you tell her about your issue with her son? Clear the air.
    clearly you know nothing about parents and their children. it's also not my place to point these things out to her. he is quite a bit older than my kids and sadly has no friends. i feel bad for the kid but have no solution for her. i invited them to cub scouts but he's autistic, has adhd and a few other things i can't recall and it kind of freaked him out. too much stimulation. he was hanging out with some boys his age in the neighborhood but they were getting him into trouble so she doesn't let him hang out with them anymore so i think to her my kids are a "safer" alternative.

let me clarify that i have no issues with kids who are "different" as my own son likely has adhd and anxiety. he takes medication for his anxiety which has made a huge positive difference but he has never been aggressive with others as my neighbors son has been.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

Autism is the ADHD of the 2000's.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    clearly you know nothing about parents and their children.
    This. Never ever tell a mother that her child is aggressive and quite possibly a bully(or that there is anything quite possible wrong with her child), because the momma bear claws will come out.

My sister is INFJ and my mom is ESFJ. It's like mixing oil and water.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Autism is the ADHD of the 2000's.
    i agree that a lot of children are misdiagnosed which is why i said my son is possibly adhd but i will not give him medication for adhd because it's basically poison and behavior therapy has been much more effective and safer. have you ever met an autistic child? there are varying degrees of autism but it's usually not too difficult to spot. i knew from the get go that our son wasn't autistic even though that label might have made things at school a lot easier. instead it took a year of homeschooling and a hell of a fight with the school system to get him the help he needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastar View Post
    This. Never ever tell a mother that her child is aggressive and quite possibly a bully(or that there is anything quite possible wrong with her child), because the momma bear claws will come out.

My sister is INFJ and my mom is ESFJ. It's like mixing oil and water.
    yes! and she's aware of how her son is so my telling her isn't going to be constructive. my kids want to hang out with him so tomorrow i will have to go over here and endure the socialization. she's not exactly an easy person to be around and while i like her, there are things about her i don't care for and i would prefer to avoid the interaction. this isn't something i've imagined, as two of my close friends who recently met her noticed these things too.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

My family lives in a small town. If you and your neighbor are outside at the same time, you'll make small talk and that kind of thing. But that's pretty much it; everybody seems to mind their own business. Which is probably weird for a small town, but nice.

The dorm I live in this year is pretty horrible though. The dorms I've lived in in the past had hundreds of kids, but this one has 30-some. So everybody knows everybody. And in this dorm, it's not just extroverts...it's like, hyper extroverts. Ignorant extroverts, who expect that everybody in the world operates the same way that they do. Quite a few of them are pretty fake, too, for lack of a better word.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people dislike me because I keep to myself. I did, at the beginning, try really hard to become friends with them, but I always felt so awkward and uncomfortable because I felt like I was supposed to be entertaining people. Can't I just act how I normally act? Why is that not okay? Jeebus. So...I used to get harassed, but we've kind of moved past the harassment stage, and now I'm just shunned.

I at least have one other introvert in here. She's an ISFJ, I believe, and we both feel the same way, ha.

This situation is kind of sucky, but I just have to remember I only have 4 more months to deal with it. :workout:

I miss my awesome extroverted friends back home.