User Tag List

12 Last

Default Can anyone explain this for me?

I noticed that throughout my life, I would experience certain flashes of self-revelation.

For example, this always seems to happen right when I wake up every morning and go in the shower. While in the shower, I would suddenly become very analytical and have a sudden, and very strong sense of right and wrong. I would analyze situations I'm currently in and have strong feelings about the subject. Then, after I take a shower and go about my day, that feeling would slowly fade away.

I've taken numerous tests and I'm self-conscious enough to know I'm an NF temperant. Is this feeling shared among my NF peers as well?

What kind of function would this feeling be? Would it be Ti? And would it be Auxiliary or Tertiary?

Some input would be helpful, thanks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I do this everyday. Im still new so I really dont know too much about it. But I do the same thing.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

That sounds like Ni.

"Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden “Aha!” or “That’s it!” The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform. We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs. This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal. It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions." (source: Introverted iNtuiting)

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i think all the time. i usually have these kind of revelations after a good night's sleep... most of the time, though, they happen over time, after i have been exposed to stimuli, which makes me question.

MBTI
    INFP

sounds like you're a morning person too...i definitely feel better in the mornings

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

My first guess is the elevation of serotonin levels. (huh?! yeah I know)

A warm shower elevates serotonin levels in the brain which is a neurotransmitter and linked to memory and learning.

Another way to test this theory is to goto sleep with a heavy blanket/quilt. The firm hug or squeezing of the body also elevates serotonin levels. If you get these revelations while under the heavy blanket or in a squeeze box or a firm hug, then I'd say serotonin is a strong candidate.

Second guess is the blood. The blood is thicker in the morning and the blood pressure is higher (accounts for more heart attacks and strokes in the AM hours and PM). The long shot here is the link between thicker blood and brain energy supply.

MBTI generally accounts for the way the brain operates, not the performance of it.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by daftpunkcrunk View Post
    I noticed that throughout my life, I would experience certain flashes of self-revelation.

For example, this always seems to happen right when I wake up every morning and go in the shower. While in the shower, I would suddenly become very analytical and have a sudden, and very strong sense of right and wrong. I would analyze situations I'm currently in and have strong feelings about the subject. Then, after I take a shower and go about my day, that feeling would slowly fade away.

I've taken numerous tests and I'm self-conscious enough to know I'm an NF temperant. Is this feeling shared among my NF peers as well?

What kind of function would this feeling be? Would it be Ti? And would it be Auxiliary or Tertiary?

Some input would be helpful, thanks.
    I've often analyzed situations I'm currently in and then have strong feelings of right and wrong about what it is I'm mulling over. That should be Fi. My feelings don't usually fade as the day wears on, though the magnitude somewhat dissipates. I don't really know how to answer this.

So, so far I've been getting answers that it's either Fi or Ni.

Which is it?

MBTI
    INTP

Well, for Fi, I think you'd essentially consider things from an inner point of reference--everything is sort of subjective and relative to you. So in your case, I would think this strong sense of right or wrong is relative to your beliefs and thus you'd be utilizing Fi. Ni I think is more about thinking many things about one particular point, and a good example is probably from Lenore's exegesis wiki:

Why do we put North at the top of most maps? Because the mapmaking tradition began among northern-dwelling people, who considered people who lived further south to be less important. Putting North at the top of the map frames geography in a way that, perhaps unwittingly, conveys the belief that Europeans are better or more important than Africans. This can't be said by anything within the map; the very way that the map is structured and related to reality says it.
    However, I don't think Ni necessarily places judgment on the right or wrong factor of any particular thing, so I'd say it's more Fi than Ni.

I do this a lot myself, though I think I have a lot less strong feelings about the 'right' or 'wrong' of anything. I end up running around in circles with my thoughts and remaining neutral (or I guess you can consider it highly indecisive since I'm too busy weighing the pros and cons).
    Last edited by moviconte; 03-30-2010 at 03:09 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    That sounds like Ni.

"Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden “Aha!” or “That’s it!” The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform. We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs. This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal. It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions." (source: Introverted iNtuiting)

My INTP friend is very much like this. She's actually INtp (had her take the test)

We'll sit down, have lunch, and out of nowhere, she'll get up out of the chair and look out the window with some new hypothesis or crazy idea, and then sit and ponder for a minute, jot down some poetry/ideas and get back to me like 10 minutes later elaborating on what she thought. I'm used to it. That's just how she works. It's really cool to watch actually.