• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Can anyone explain this for me?

daftpunkcrunk

I noticed that throughout my life, I would experience certain flashes of self-revelation.

For example, this always seems to happen right when I wake up every morning and go in the shower. While in the shower, I would suddenly become very analytical and have a sudden, and very strong sense of right and wrong. I would analyze situations I'm currently in and have strong feelings about the subject. Then, after I take a shower and go about my day, that feeling would slowly fade away.

I've taken numerous tests and I'm self-conscious enough to know I'm an NF temperant. Is this feeling shared among my NF peers as well?

What kind of function would this feeling be? Would it be Ti? And would it be Auxiliary or Tertiary?

Some input would be helpful, thanks.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
I do this everyday. Im still new so I really dont know too much about it. But I do the same thing.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
That sounds like Ni.

"Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden “Aha!” or “That’s it!” The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform. We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs. This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal. It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions." (source: Introverted iNtuiting)

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i think all the time. i usually have these kind of revelations after a good night's sleep... most of the time, though, they happen over time, after i have been exposed to stimuli, which makes me question.

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
sounds like you're a morning person too...i definitely feel better in the mornings

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My first guess is the elevation of serotonin levels. (huh?! yeah I know)

A warm shower elevates serotonin levels in the brain which is a neurotransmitter and linked to memory and learning.

Another way to test this theory is to goto sleep with a heavy blanket/quilt. The firm hug or squeezing of the body also elevates serotonin levels. If you get these revelations while under the heavy blanket or in a squeeze box or a firm hug, then I'd say serotonin is a strong candidate.

Second guess is the blood. The blood is thicker in the morning and the blood pressure is higher (accounts for more heart attacks and strokes in the AM hours and PM). The long shot here is the link between thicker blood and brain energy supply.

MBTI generally accounts for the way the brain operates, not the performance of it.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I noticed that throughout my life, I would experience certain flashes of self-revelation.

For example, this always seems to happen right when I wake up every morning and go in the shower. While in the shower, I would suddenly become very analytical and have a sudden, and very strong sense of right and wrong. I would analyze situations I'm currently in and have strong feelings about the subject. Then, after I take a shower and go about my day, that feeling would slowly fade away.

I've taken numerous tests and I'm self-conscious enough to know I'm an NF temperant. Is this feeling shared among my NF peers as well?

What kind of function would this feeling be? Would it be Ti? And would it be Auxiliary or Tertiary?

Some input would be helpful, thanks.

I've often analyzed situations I'm currently in and then have strong feelings of right and wrong about what it is I'm mulling over. That should be Fi. My feelings don't usually fade as the day wears on, though the magnitude somewhat dissipates. I don't really know how to answer this.

moviconte

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, for Fi, I think you'd essentially consider things from an inner point of reference--everything is sort of subjective and relative to you. So in your case, I would think this strong sense of right or wrong is relative to your beliefs and thus you'd be utilizing Fi. Ni I think is more about thinking many things about one particular point, and a good example is probably from Lenore's exegesis wiki:

Why do we put North at the top of most maps? Because the mapmaking tradition began among northern-dwelling people, who considered people who lived further south to be less important. Putting North at the top of the map frames geography in a way that, perhaps unwittingly, conveys the belief that Europeans are better or more important than Africans. This can't be said by anything within the map; the very way that the map is structured and related to reality says it.

However, I don't think Ni necessarily places judgment on the right or wrong factor of any particular thing, so I'd say it's more Fi than Ni.

I do this a lot myself, though I think I have a lot less strong feelings about the 'right' or 'wrong' of anything. I end up running around in circles with my thoughts and remaining neutral (or I guess you can consider it highly indecisive since I'm too busy weighing the pros and cons).

Last edited:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
That sounds like Ni.

"Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden “Aha!” or “That’s it!” The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform. We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs. This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal. It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions." (source: Introverted iNtuiting)
:yes:

My INTP friend is very much like this. She's actually INtp (had her take the test) :)

We'll sit down, have lunch, and out of nowhere, she'll get up out of the chair and look out the window with some new hypothesis or crazy idea, and then sit and ponder for a minute, jot down some poetry/ideas and get back to me like 10 minutes later elaborating on what she thought. I'm used to it. That's just how she works. It's really cool to watch actually. :wubbie:

sculpting

:yes:

My INTP friend is very much like this. She's actually INtp (had her take the test) :)

We'll sit down, have lunch, and out of nowhere, she'll get up out of the chair and look out the window with some new hypothesis or crazy idea, and then sit and ponder for a minute, jot down some poetry/ideas and get back to me like 10 minutes later elaborating on what she thought. I'm used to it. That's just how she works. It's really cool to watch actually. :wubbie:

Um, I though this was normal. Typically I go find my entp and I tell her. Then we argue about it.

To be honest I rarely see what is in front of me. I spend all of my time in another world and never stop thinking up stuff. If I dont know the answer to something I just sort of ask my brain, then go away for awhile. Later I come back and the answer will crystallize out of nowhere. I call it "pondering". I just ponder stuff and eventually all of the pieces come together.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Um, I though this was normal. Typically I go find my entp and I tell her. Then we argue about it.

To be honest I rarely see what is in front of me. I spend all of my time in another world and never stop thinking up stuff. If I dont know the answer to something I just sort of ask my brain, then go away for awhile. Later I come back and the answer will crystallize out of nowhere. I call it "pondering". I just ponder stuff and eventually all of the pieces come together.
ENFP-ENTP relationship, I see! ;) Been there. Done that. lol

I ponder too, not quite in the same fashion as she does, especially not in the middle of us hanging out. :) If I have something that's though-provoking to me, I discuss right then and there if I'm with others, or if I need my time alone to think about it some more, I choose it not during the middle of an interaction.. I go to my quiet spot, or just think by myself afterwards or in between. I'm less abrupt. She goes into a trance-like state and peaces out for a while, and then comes back. Or like when she's washing dishes, she'll put everything down and just think.. deeply for seconds. Then comes back with something interesting/funny to say. I love how her mind works though. Different strokes for different folks?