User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    i am extremely touchy feely. also in a non sexual way, i sorta get in peoples bubbles but i just learn to recognize whos bubbles i can violate without them being offended or wierded out :] trial and error kinda thing. haha
    Haha. Trial and error, indeed. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just walk up to someone and ask, "Are you touchy feely?" without sounding slightly creepy?
    "Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes...I fancy myself to be a 64-color box...I can only meet the 8-color boxes...I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation...so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type... I'm like, "Hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "Oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "No - I want magenta!" -John Mayer

MBTI
    INFP

hands off the merchandise babe (that line is money )

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

It's basically hormones. Specifically serotonin, vassopressin and oxytocin. You can check with Dr Helen Fisher about the details.

I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to increase vassopressin and oxytocin by natural means, but for serotonin, I found that eating bananas, warm/hot shower in the morning, sleeping under a heavy blanket or if you can get yourself into a padded squeeze box, those generally increase serotonin. It also depends if you have enough serotonin receptors as well. There was a link between menstruation and serotonin levels, but I lost that research a while back.

In general cases, exercise and music seems to be a way to "reset" all the hormone imbalances, assuming that there isn't a problem underneath.

Serotonin is about that calming feeling and vassopressin/oxytocin is that 'belonging' feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post
    It's basically hormones. Specifically serotonin, vassopressin and oxytocin. You can check with Dr Helen Fisher about the details.

I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to increase vassopressin and oxytocin by natural means, but for serotonin, I found that eating bananas, warm/hot shower in the morning, sleeping under a heavy blanket or if you can get yourself into a padded squeeze box, those generally increase serotonin. It also depends if you have enough serotonin receptors as well. There was a link between menstruation and serotonin levels, but I lost that research a while back.

In general cases, exercise and music seems to be a way to "reset" all the hormone imbalances, assuming that there isn't a problem underneath.

Serotonin is about that calming feeling and vassopressin/oxytocin is that 'belonging' feeling.
    Dude, I prefer just a simple hug from another human.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post

very interesting i like the way you worded this.

I'm sorta at the point right now where i don't even know if i'm feeling a normal "calming feeling"...like im never stressed out at all really i just kinda feel right in the middle, not sad and not happy. meh

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't think your brain really notices that much difference about how the correct hormones get into your bloodstream as long as they do.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post
    That's a good idea. I should preface my requests. I actually have a friend who is ENFJ like you and she is wonderful. She doesn't just speak to me at a distance, she takes my arm or puts her arm around me. She's my favorite person to hug and receive hugs from. One time when I was going through a difficult circumstance, she offerred to let me talk with her about it. Then when I couldn't talk anymore without feeling like I was going to cry (and I didn't want to cry in front of her), she just held me. I always thank her when she does something for me and ask her how she's doing. Or I'll send her an e-mail during one of her busy weeks with a funny video attached because I know she does a lot for others and gets little to nothing in return. I feel guilty for asking her for much because she gives so much.
    ENFJ's give the best hugs. They do it exactly the way you need it when you need it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    ENFJ's give the best hugs. They do it exactly the way you need it when you need it.
    I second that.

The only person I hug on a regular basis/hug voluntarily is an ENFJ.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Dude, I prefer just a simple hug from another human.
    Ditto.
    "Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes...I fancy myself to be a 64-color box...I can only meet the 8-color boxes...I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation...so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type... I'm like, "Hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "Oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "No - I want magenta!" -John Mayer

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    It's so true! I don't know how she does it. This past week we were able to hang out a little more than usual which was nice considering our busy schedules this semester (and because I've been wanting people like her around obviously). At one point she put her arm around me and I put both my arms around her. It was hard for me to do because I can be shy about it, but she didn't think it was strange or embarrassing. She noticed I was shy and told me I could hug her any time I wanted. How nice it is to find people who aren't threatened or weirded out by hugs!