User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I usually only want to get romantically involved with some ideal girl who is inaccessible in some way (I don't know her, she lives far away, etc.), so I build up a fantasy and usually get too attached to the fantasy I don't make it a reality because I'm honestly afraid that the fantasy will get destroyed (either by rejection or success even, since the success won't live up to what I hold up above me).

yeah, I sed it.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Depends on the circumstances. When I was younger, I took it to heart and cried my eyes out over it. I suppose now things have changed. I don't really cry that much anymore, just take it as a challenge to advance to the next level. Perhaps there's someone better suited for me out there.

Recently I was rejected, turns out the guy wasn't that into me, he's still in love with his ex girlfriend. He was still friends with her, which I had no problem with. The thing that drove things home was when he gave me a link of his ex's recent songwriting work, where she used an excerpt of a theme he had played and recorded. It hurts, and I got angry/upset afterwards, but there's not much I can do about it. I was kind of anxious about the situation to begin with, and that doesn't make for a healthy relationship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

From what I read on the first page I pretty well fit in. Oh joy. Yeah with romantic rejection I just avoid my feelings and people so that I can not be rejected. If I am rejected in some way (even after a relationship has started) I grieve privately and only a few close friends know about it. To be honest I did not have my first boyfriend til I was almost 18 and I immediately lost interest and left the relationship. My second (and current boyfriend) I dated almost immediately thereafter. So I don't have much experience with rejection in regards to lovers. Friends and family? Heck yes. But I try to pretend it doesn't bother me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

!!! I think I am so hard on myself...

It seems that most here deal with it by reacting to it in some way, I think that is more healthy because it's a form of expression. I usually express it by writing about it in the form of journaling or poetry. It's so introspective though, instead of going out there and being badass

I guess I should try it but I wouldn't know where to start, haha.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    I usually only want to get romantically involved with some ideal girl who is inaccessible in some way (I don't know her, she lives far away, etc.), so I build up a fantasy and usually get too attached to the fantasy I don't make it a reality because I'm honestly afraid that the fantasy will get destroyed (either by rejection or success even, since the success won't live up to what I hold up above me).

yeah, I sed it.
    You pretty much nailed it for me.
    "It might seem like you've got me where you want me and my game is up, but luck is a funny thing. I hope you know how to laugh, because things are about to get really funny."

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Romantic rejection. I guess I just usually pick myself up and move on. Get depressed for a little bit but there is always some one new on the the horizon. I guess I don't tend to let people close any more. As for other rejection, yeah, I get upset, but I just move on. There's nothing else to do really. You could cry about it but that's just wasting energy.
    I worry about the the relationship I'm on the brink of now though. This one is different.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]