User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    it happens. you get tougher with age and learn to expect less. it's not a bad thing, either, if you keep a positive attitude towards life. people will hurt you and you will hurt others, but you're the one you're responsible for.

^^Well put. I dealt more with unrequited romantic interest in my younger days when I knew myself and my needs, and likelihood of compatibility with certain people, far, far less. Thus my high hopes had no basis on which to ground them, even just a little. I find that sort of romantic interest immature, fleeting, painful, and fortunately a thing of the past.. for me at least. On the occasions I faced rejection, ofc it was a hard pill to swallow. Overtly, I always gave an air of indifference/acceptance-"hey that's life. It goes on. Et cetera. Let's go ride bikes!" I hate to fall apart in front of people [especially in front of the person I'm hurt about]. I'd reach that point of indifference internally in a rather quick manner once I processed the immediate emotional responses. My initial reactions were a bitter mix of disappointment, inadequacy, and foolishness.

I never grieved the situation for too long or pined away for someone. I've always disliked feeling as though I *need* someone *that* badly. Just a rather sour-flavored feeling that makes my skin sort of crawl. It's not like they're dead. Or that we're soulmates and destiny is ruined. Maybe it's a pride thing, or maybe it's that I can't stand feeling weak. Perhaps some combination of factors.

But, we learn and grow.

I am extremely cautious about who I allow myself to trust deeply, and it takes quite some time to reach that point. During that time is when romantic feelings can emerge, and in my recent years the two only seem to go hand-in-hand. I don't deal with the surprise of rejection because I don't allow myself to jump ahead and get attached to someone without having a fair grasp and sense of proportion about my growing relationship with this person.

In the back of my mind I'm always aware that there's so much more to living life than just trying to bond with people. Nice as it is when it happens, but it's not my definitive reason for existing. I suppose that's always helpful.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Mostly I try to avoid allowing it to happen, usually by rejecting people faster than they can reject me.

However if it does happen, whether romantically or not, I pretend to the world it hasn't bothered me, but I feel it quietly inside, and usually take it pretty personally. I just don't show it.
    Exactly this! I don't really 'reject' people. I just never let them in in the first place...

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    Reading this post is sad ^^^^

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
    Alfred Lord Tennyson

You're nobody 'til somebody loves you.
    Frank Sinatra

Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
    Bruce Cockburn
    No need to be sad. That's life.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I've never been romaticly rejected, but I can deal with normal rejection easily. When people reject me, I'm just like "Fuck them" and then I go on with my life. They don't know what they're missing. I'm awesome. they're dumb. Like that.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Step One: Embrace rejection. If you never have been punched in the face you will always be at a disadvantage in a physical mle. Similarly until you have toughened your psyche's skin by throwing yourself into a rejection prone arena and experiencing rejection it will limit flexibility, resilience and mobility.

Step Two: Rope a dope
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Better than I used to, worse than I eventually will.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

For me, it depends on who it is, how much that person has impacted my life and what it means to me. I get -emotional-detached-emotional- in that order. I cried a lot the last time, in private. I still think a great deal about said person, I don't think there's anything wrong with loving someone. Even years after it's over, I think that's natural. It would be a shame to hate someone I loved, regardless of what has happened. Forgiveness is much more powerful and fulfilling.

INFP 4w5 sp/so
    IEI

"At government, you think you're clever: You govern beasts — but humans
    never." - Estienne de La Boetie

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

for me the comforting thought is that love doesn't disappear, even if the person you love goes away. love is always valuable as it is, or was. it reminds us what is important. it's always there, if you listen to your heart... only the fact that your heart is beating and you are feeling something is a reminder of that connectedness... you have to love yourself first. if you embrace life, rather than fear it... it will give you hope and a positive feeling in the core. it's not for nothing. i feel that deeply in my heart and i know that no matter what happens, nothing is going to take that away from me. love is, if you choose to love. love means letting go of people, but not of love itself. that's my view, simplified.

MBTI
    INFx

I withdraw from the world and work out my frustrations with art. When I emerge, I am usually okay with it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by laudanum225 View Post
    being nf and all? recluse urself or shout it out?

romantic rejection vs. rejection in general

just brainstorming

I usually just keep it inside, and try and sort it out. Often times though, I just feel confused inicially, and question what actually happened and why. Then I usually worry that I did something stupid to bring it on. That, or wonder if the other person thought there was something wrong with me... meh, lol