User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Default INFPs, how sarcastic/critical/judgemental are you?

It may be cause I was raised by an unhealthy ENFJ, but I am extremely all three of those things. I do keep negative reactions to myself if it is someone I like and don't want to hurt and nothing productive will come out of it. When I speak in class, I am always very blunt, sometimes even undiplomatic but I don't mean it that way, but I won't wrap a pink ribbon around a question or opinion when it is a discussion. I always rate movies that I see and analyze the aspects that were done well and not. If I know how to judge, I will and I take great pleasure in it. When it comes to movies and books, my standards are always higher than my ISFJ friend, but when it comes to food and customer service, she cares more and I am just like ... uhm ... matters not ... Saying nice things to someone actually makes me feel a little ill ... If I am being sweet, I am also being a good percentage sarcastic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

More than I like, and less than some deserve...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

my best friend is an infp, and she's very blunt, and very sarcastic

especially when I'm upset, she'll tend to be a bit sarcastic about things if she doesn't think they warrant my reaction

example:
    me: my boyfriend and I are in a fight. I'm sad. pouting.
    her: Yes, because you'll NEVER talk again and its not like he'll text you back in TWO SECONDS and you'll be all sweet and mushy again.

or
    me: I lost my phone charger OMG
    her: yes, oh my god its not like it's going to turn up soon, and if it doesn't you'll NEVER have a phone charger again, or a phone again and no one will ever be able to contact you in the future and you'll die...

i dont think she means to be mean, i think she's just a bit busy looking at the clouds outside the window to be bothered with my minor anxieties.
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    my best friend is an infp, and she's very blunt, and very sarcastic

especially when I'm upset, she'll tend to be a bit sarcastic about things if she doesn't think they warrant my reaction

example:
    me: my boyfriend and I are in a fight. I'm sad. pouting.
    her: Yes, because you'll NEVER talk again and its not like he'll text you back in TWO SECONDS and you'll be all sweet and mushy again.

or
    me: I lost my phone charger OMG
    her: yes, oh my god its not like it's going to turn up soon, and if it doesn't you'll NEVER have a phone charger again, or a phone again and no one will ever be able to contact you in the future and you'll die...

i dont think she means to be mean, i think she's just a bit busy looking at the clouds outside the window to be bothered with my minor anxieties.
    She sounds like me. That's not mean at all if you ask me. I mean who the hell says "I lost my phone charger OMG", anyway?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm guessing it might have something to do with rubbing Fi the wrong way? MBTI aside, I'm only as judgmental as everyone else is on average. Critical behavior is rare, only when it comes to the point where someone says/does something completely stupid or acts a certain way that is irritating. I don't want to claim to be some master of sarcasm but with Ne in 2nd place it's difficult to not use sarcasm.

Sarcasm is usually always based on some form of bitterness, whatever anyone tells you. It's not a clean humor, because when you use it you're stemming it from annoyance or irritation. There are levels of sarcasm I think, from light and playful (mildly irritated) to dark and insulting.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    She sounds like me. That's not mean at all if you ask me. I mean who the hell says "I lost my phone charger OMG", anyway?

loosing my phone charger is extremely upsetting.

my half of our dorm room is in shambles at best. Lord knows when my wee charger will resurface!

and no, its not mean, its amusing.
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    She sounds like me. That's not mean at all if you ask me.
    Aww...well, the part where she's not sympathetic to the fight with her bf does seem a little mean to me.

I mean who the hell says "I lost my phone charger OMG", anyway?
    My mom, actually. She's a 50 yo ESFP. Every incident in my mother's life is a major drama starring her in which she'd like to involve everyone else, whether they like it or not. I can SO hear my mom saying that lol.

I relate to freaking out sometimes, though. I get anxious, too.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Aww...well, the part where she's not sympathetic to the fight with her bf does seem a little mean to me.
    I do see myself saying such a thing though probably. Probably because of the pouting and because she was my friend and needed to hear how things tend to happen with her when it came to that.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    My mom, actually. She's a 50 yo ESFP. Every incident in my mother's life is a major drama starring her in which she'd like to involve everyone else, whether they like it or not. I can SO hear my mom saying that lol.

I relate to freaking out sometimes, though. I get anxious, too.
    Yeah, I don't when it comes to small things.

So maybe I like letting people get how pathetic their reasoning is, when they are like that so that they get how ridiculous it is for themselves.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

My sister used to call me "Daria", but I don't think I was ever that dryly sarcastic. I've toned down my sarcasm over the years because I either inadvertently hurt people's feelings and/or they cannot tell I am joking (and I just look stupid). My other form of irony can be saying something absurd in a semi-serious voice - but again, people sometimes think I am totally serious.

I've been criticized for being critical. It's part of being an idealist; sometimes you focus on what is lacking a bit too much, because you're comparing it to an impossible standard that has never existed outside of your head. Keeping perspective is the anecdote for that problem.

When it comes to my opinions on things like movies and music, then I can be very critical & analytical also. My sister has also called me a "music snob". I'm also picky about literature and food quality. I have high standards. It's hard always being the voice of dissent, so I tend to offer up my opinion less on these things.

I've never been called "judgmental", although I am sure I've had my moments. It doesn't seem to be a major flaw of mine or one I'd associate with INFPs in general.

I know what you mean by saying "nice" things. I actually have a hard time with that even when I want to seem sweet. Mushy gushy stuff does NOT come naturally to me and much of it seems fake and insincere to me.

Hopefully these posts will kill some of the "INFPs are so sweet and nicey nice" stereotypes :P. I think most of us have a dark, cynical, and even morbid side.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

sarcastic? never.