User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    example:
    me: my boyfriend and I are in a fight. I'm sad. pouting.
    her: Yes, because you'll NEVER talk again and its not like he'll text you back in TWO SECONDS and you'll be all sweet and mushy again.

i dont think she means to be mean, i think she's just a bit busy looking at the clouds outside the window to be bothered with my minor anxieties.
    She sounds like me. It isn't so much a "head in the clouds" thing as it is a "stop stressing, you have fought before and he always texts you."

She is just pushing you to see the cup half full. We do wear those rose colored glasses, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    My mom, actually. She's a 50 yo ESFP. Every incident in my mother's life is a major drama starring her in which she'd like to involve everyone else, whether they like it or not. I can SO hear my mom saying that lol.
    LMAO. That describes my best friend to a tee.

~~~~~~~~~

As for me:

Sarcasm is a way of life.

Critical and judgemental of myself to the extreme. I am also critial and judgemental of others, but I don't let it show in RL. Online, yeah, I will call you out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

My ex-esfp friend is always like My Life is SOO dramatic. Only because you make it so and hang out with dumb people. Duh.

Hopefully these posts will kill some of the "INFPs are so sweet and nicey nice" stereotypes :P. I think most of us have a dark, cynical, and even morbid side.
    A large part of that comes from us Looking Sweet, all the idealism just oozes from our eyes like rainbows...but we are not. That's the number one reason I keep thinking I am of a different type, because I may have F values, but I also have a lot of T traits.

Mushy gushy stuff does NOT come naturally to me and much of it seems fake and insincere to me.
    On the rare occasion that I am mushy and really sweet, they ask if I am being mean ... and that it is not funny to be sarcastic at this particular moment. LOL

I can't say 'boyfriend'. I don't know what to call the dude. I think the term is extremely juvenile and neglects to describe the complexity of an adult relationship.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    She sounds like me. It isn't so much a "head in the clouds" thing as it is a "stop stressing, you have fought before and he always texts you."

She is just pushing you to see the cup half full. We do wear those rose colored glasses, you know.
    yes, she does... she never really thinks there's a reason to be sad because she's certain everything gets better
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i could be very sarcastic/ critical/ judgemental, but i keep it under control, because usually nothing good follows. i especially have this urge with people who are full of themselves and seem narrowminded and extremely shallow to me. usually those are the people who give it, but can't take it. the kind side of me usually wins, though, because i know how i make mistakes myself and i know it's not... i know i'm expecting too much, perhaps. i'm usually laid back about stuff, though... i can find something positive in almost anything... but i can also enjoy criticizing movies etc... and i enjoy good debates.

some people really rub me the wrong way, though (those who are hurting others and enjoying it)... and i'd like to call them out for it. although i realize that mean people usually have problems, so i'd rather try to help them than give them their own medicine...

i like harmless sarcasm against illogical things... the other form is the mean spirited sarcasm (for me) against people with mean spirited attitudes.

i can be very mushy, though. i rarely am, but i can be...

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i'd like to be funnier (i mean i'm not a veeery serious person, but maybe sometimes i am a bit too serious?)... i don't want to be the nice and boring girl... i just usually laugh at extreme superficiality and stuff like that...

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I can't say 'boyfriend'. I don't know what to call the dude. I think the term is extremely juvenile and neglects to describe the complexity of an adult relationship.
    That statement sounds very INTPish and really made me laugh. You sound like a well balanced INFP.

Call him your "boo" or get engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    yes, she does... she never really thinks there's a reason to be sad because she's certain everything gets better
    Everything always does.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I am only critical & judgemental to my self. I always think of way I could have done better, but when It comes to others, I more than likely dont know them so who am I to cast Judgement. but I am very sarcastic. sometimes to the point to where only I will get it and its only funny to me, so I laugh a lot to my self
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I agree almost entirely with OA's post [no surprise there].

As a matter of fact, my cousins used to call me Daria, too, growing up - although to be honest they gave me hell for everything I did seeing as how I was such an oddball [re:I was introverted and bookish and thus was an easy target to them :rolli:]. I just find it especially funny-interesting-fascinating that someone else had that same experience.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I know what you mean by saying "nice" things. I actually have a hard time with that even when I want to seem sweet. Mushy gushy stuff does NOT come naturally to me and much of it seems fake and insincere to me.

Hopefully these posts will kill some of the "INFPs are so sweet and nicey nice" stereotypes :P. I think most of us have a dark, cynical, and even morbid side.
    I think part of that is (from my POV) is that you want to say something in an authentic way, which means that it's difficult to put such things to words. The sweet, gushy stuff doesn't come easily to me either (I really dislike, distrust it) because it seems cliche or false. I've often thought people don't think I really care because I don't like platitudes. I want to find the right words, to say what's really in my heart, and I feel I come up short. At times like that, I don't say anything at all. In literature and in film, I've always preferred the mutable, the abstract, the contradictory. Which is more true to what human beings really are.

I also think INFPs have a dark, morbid side. I think we're naturally attracted to that. To me all of that is good--it fuels creativity, and it's good to be aware of the dark side (jealousy, envy, anger, etc). That way, it doesn't sneak up on you and cause as much harm.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    I think part of that is (from my POV) is that you want to say something in an authentic way, which means that it's difficult to put such things to words. The sweet, gushy stuff doesn't come easily to me either (I really dislike, distrust it) because it seems cliche or false. I've often thought people don't think I really care because I don't like platitudes. I want to find the right words, to say what's really in my heart, and I feel I come up short. At times like that, I don't say anything at all. In literature and in film, I've always preferred the mutable, the abstract, the contradictory. Which is more true to what human beings really are.
    Yes
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe