User Tag List

123 Last

Default What different kinds of INFJs do exist?

While going through the "Do you like your own type in other people?" thread I was thinking that there are certain types of INFJs that I get along very well with but that there are others which I find a bit more exhausting to deal with. As an Ennegramm 9 I find INFJ 4s sometimes too pessimistic and preoccupied with their emotions (I guess I prefer a bit of a lighter touch to balance my own INFJness out).

Also someone else mentioned in the thread that there seem to be all sorts of ENFPs so I am wondering what different types of INFJs exist? For example are there some that appear a bit more balanced (I personally tend to put on a happy face and deal with my emotions on my own so I might seem far more together than I acutally am) and are there others that wear their emotions more on their sleeves? Or is there a completely different kind of INFJ that I haven't even thought of?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't know. I haven't got any clearly delineated types of INFJs (I think LA and Sarcasticus have written good stuff about that though, as well as Synarch, but I can't remember where to find it). I do know though that there are some that I effortlessly hitch with and identify with very well and there are others who seem kind of uptight or prickly or distant or moody to me. I don't dislike them, but I don't completely identify with them. I don't know if that has to do with personal experiences, enneagram, instinctual variants or what. I think certainly there are some adjustments in Fe/Fi levels depending on the variety of INFJ.

Phantonym

Some things were discussed in this thread - http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ariations.html

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've seen subcategories built by pairing the dominant Ni with each of the other functions:

Ni-Fe
    Ni-Ti
    Ni-Se

A couple of poles of extreme I have noticed:

Certainty - Uncertainty
    I think this has to do with how Ni is interpreted. For some it is about gut feeling and just "knowing" and trusting intuition. Another approach is to see Ni as the Bit Picture that is so enormous it cannot all be viewed at once which leads to deep uncertainty. In both approaches there is a desire to distill information down to its core meaning. The certainty approach seems to start with that core meaning and the second with the big picture. The Big Picture approach relies heavily on continual analysis because a core meaning cannot be extracted otherwise. Some INFJs use extensive analysis and others almost none.

Socially invested - Un-invested
    I have noticed some INFJs who have strong Fe seem to be difficult to distinguish from extroverts. They make good hostesses and are always aware of people's feelings and social dynamics. It is also possible for the type to be extremely private and withdrawn socially.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ISFJ

My brother is of the INTP variety, but with a very good Fe. It's weird to explain.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Kind ones.. and not so kind ones..

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I've seen subcategories built by pairing the dominant Ni with each of the other functions:

Ni-Fe
    Ni-Ti
    Ni-Se

Yes it seems like most INFJs are either Enneagram 4s, 1s, or 9s, more or less in that order of commonality. The INFJ-4s (Ni-Fe) are quirky, moody, and creative, the 1s (Ni-Se?) are more morally idealistic, goal-oriented, and almost pathologically organized, and the 9s (Ni-Ti?) are more bookish, go-with-the-flow, peace and love types. I know a couple of each.

INFJ prayer: "Lord help me to be less of a perfectionist. Did I spell that correctly?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think there are really cool, artistic, creative out-the-box heavy Ni INFJs...that I love, love, love.

Then there are the ones who are still creative but more structured and academic, persnickety, pretentious almost snobby heavier Fe INFJs, who I tend to be very annoyed by.

Then there are the ones in between who are generally just nice and interesting people who I almost always like.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Dammit the potential in INFJ's. Wish I was one.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Dammit the potential in INFJ's. Wish I was one.
    You know, I actually have a problem with that. You make it sound like the INFJ's are the only ones with some extra special potential. I resent that. We're all special, every singly one of us.