User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What different kinds of INFJs do exist?

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm an analytical type that's also caring. Some people might think I'm an INTJ if they don't know me too well. I love technology and sciency-nerdy stuff. But, there's the undying Romantic inside of me, and the artist/poet/musician side. I like people too, just balance looking out for myself and looking out for others.

I tend to say that I'm more INfJ because it honestly depends on the situation which function I use to make a decision.... Fe or Te.

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Yes it seems like most INFJs are either Enneagram 4s, 1s, or 9s, more or less in that order of commonality. The INFJ-4s (Ni-Fe) are quirky, moody, and creative, the 1s (Ni-Se?) are more morally idealistic, goal-oriented, and almost pathologically organized, and the 9s (Ni-Ti?) are more bookish, go-with-the-flow, peace and love types. I know a couple of each.
    Insofar as I understand the Enneagram, I like this and it resonates with me. I enjoy INFJ 4s and really admire the passion they tend to have, but I think I'm pretty heavy on Ti and, to me, 4s sometimes seem to lack self-awareness. I'm more objectively analytical and not nearly so expressive. I'm also, I think, an Enneagram 9 -- and definitely bookish and go-with-the-flow (in most instances). I think I could probably pretty easily be mistaken for an NT type.

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar

I pretty much always test as a 5 in the enneagram so I'd probably lean more toward the INfJ. Just on the surface though, I'm all squishy on the inside.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi

I think the potential and 'multitalentedness' of INFJs is just their perfectionism. An example is that I'm good at drawing ONLY because I control the pencil like Stalin and my eraser seems to disappear after an hour or so of fixing mistakes drawing. I can do anything if you give me enough time and some motivation/inspiration, but I can't do many things quickly. To me, talent is when things feel natural and quick. I don't have many talents besides writing and maybe music playing, but I have an ersatz jack-of-all-trades-ness that perfectionism/idealism gives.

I find I do best when I do not think about The Ideal, but rather, develop ideals out of real information. This usually turns into seeing the potential in people which in turn gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

I think INFJs just reflect their upbringing in a different way than other types do, so they seem very different among each other but still different from 'normal' variations of different. It makes them seem MORE different from normal people, when really, they are affected by how they are raised just like everyone else, but express it differently.

I fit in the Ni-heavy variant that tends to switch which function Ni works directly with depending on the situation and my mood. When alone it works with Ti, when I'm challenged or doing something it works with Se, and when with people I find interesting it works with Fe.

But first and foremost, I am an escapist while still trying to enjoy nonvirtual reality. Which is what friends are for!
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.