User Tag List

Page 84 of 1261 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586941341845841084 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you feeling right now?

Phantonym

I feel good. I do feel good. Only two weeks to go...two weeks to go...two weeks to go...two weeks to go...

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ

I am feeling madly infatuated (love is preemptive) with a girl I am friends with. For the first time, I got to spend over half an hour alone with her and it was ecstasy. She is very smart, funny, gets along great with me, is intuitive and free-thinking, slightly bohemian, quirky and just all round fantastic. The only problem is I am too afraid to tell her I like her and I don't know if she likes me back.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I am feeling madly infatuated (love is preemptive) with a girl I am friends with. For the first time, I got to spend over half an hour alone with her and it was ecstasy. She is very smart, funny, gets along great with me, is intuitive and free-thinking, slightly bohemian, quirky and just all round fantastic. The only problem is I am too afraid to tell her I like her and I don't know if she likes me back.
    It's actually the right move not to say so right away: it feels kind of creepy from the other end. Instead, just suggest something like, "Remember that wonderful conversation we had? I was wondering if you'd like to continue it over coffee/lunch?" Just create opportunities to spend time alone together like that. If she likes you, she'll say "yes" each time very readily. If she doesn't like you "in that way," she'll come up with (somewhat lame) excuses to refuse your offers. This lets you both test the waters safely, and lets you both save face should there not really be anything there more than friendship.

I feel turned inside out.

Once again my job has me trapped into inflicting massive stress on so many people around me. This is where my brain betrays me. I can Ne see into the future and understand the repercussions of the things I have been asked to do. I can "see" and thus "feel" the stress those actions will have on others. For me this stress in mirrored as anxiety, and even feels internally painful. Yet I am told it is what "management says should happen". Rather than fix broken systems, they just force massive stress and unhappiness upon an entire organization.

People are thus broken and left apathetic.

To handle this I have to turn myself inside out, stop thinking, stop "seeing". It is very painful to do at first, but allows me to function in bite size moments of reality, seeing with Se, not planning anymore with Te, not mirroring pain with Fi. I devour my own mirrored pain, quench it and become a barbie doll that smiles and does as it should. Rather than judge based upon my own innate integrity, my emotional stake in producing something of value, something tangible and improved, the betterment of everyone around me, I now judge on my own interests and what presents a stable path that causes no disturbance.

In other words, I use Fe to understand it isnt personal-just a workplace game. Every person has to look out for themselves. My entp says this is how Fe works. But the turning inside out is painful at first.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I feel more in touch with Te and Fi today. Really enjoying the feeling of mental clarity as a result of this. It's empowering.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

is an ambi-turner Array BRMC117's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

sad
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I feel like before my heart was enclosed in ice and it warmed up a bit after looking at my dog in the eyes. Her eyes are tender, expressive, and warm, and her warmth cracked open the ice. I felt as if I was trying to compartmentalize my emotions a bit to defend myself from harm. Fi and Fe decided to chuck the chain mail away. It seems as if I use Te as a defense mechanism, appear cool and rational, get things done with logical efficiency, then life would run so much smoother. I'd liken my Te side as being a leather jacket, sunglasses, skinny jeans, spiky boots, bombshell looking, independently thinking woman ready to take on the world and get things done. You don't mess with her, you do what she says, but she'll be reasonable with you. Fi on the other hand, I feel that side of me is more like the inner princess, sitting there dreaming of her prince charming to come rescue her, and she defends her values, even if they may not be popular. Fe is the diplomat, she's known as the sweet one, always checking up on her dearest friends and family members to make sure they are feeling alright. Fe is compassionate and desires judgment day for someone she holds dear to her, for that person is understanding of her own complex emotions and thoughts.

Despite having INTJ moments, I think that the enduring characteristics that I have had since childhood are more consistent with the INFJ type.

Hopefully I'll stick with this. lol

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

almost half a doctor Array phoenix13's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

stupid. inadequate. ashamed. worried that i'm getting dumber. despair that i'll never be as smart as i want to be. but i will NEVER accept it.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    stupid. inadequate. ashamed. worried that i'm getting dumber. despair that i'll never be as smart as i want to be. but i will NEVER accept it.
    What's going on that is causing these feelings, if you don't mind me asking?

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

irritated with the sheer delusional nature of misplaced NTJ arrogance
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?