User Tag List

Page 837 of 1262 FirstFirst ... 337737787827835836837838839847887937 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,370 of 12612

Thread: What are you feeling right now?

Infinite Bubble

Relieved because I've just finished an exam. I hate formal education. It stops me from thinking.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Swaying feet in a lake in the sun.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    Sounds like inertia, mostly. :/
    That's what love is for an SP/SX, another body asserting inertial inevitability on your body.

MBTI
    WILD

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    That's what love is for an SP/SX, another body asserting inertial inevitability on your body.
    Perhaps this is precisely the reason of our divergence of views. I think I'm so/sx (instead of sx/so) and still I don't see love as an anvil, but rather as a heavy sap flow, if I may say so. : )
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

C'est faux de dire: Je pense : on devrait dire : On me pense.
    It is wrong to say: I think. One should say: I am thought.
    Arthur Rimbaud

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Perhaps this is precisely the reason of our divergence of views. I think I'm so/sx (instead of sx/so) and still I don't see love as an anvil, but rather as a heavy sap flow, if I may say so. : )
    Perhaps teeth-achingly sweet treacle?

If I had to characterize it and not go with the anvil metaphor, love to me is like giving in to tigers. Uninitiated by me, it's a tiger chasing me, and me deciding at some point that I want to be eaten, and so I stop running. Me initiating is a similar experience, except I lured it into a room with myself and locked the door and ate the key.

MBTI
    WILD

Perhaps teeth-achingly sweet treacle?

If I had to characterize it and not go with the anvil metaphor, love to me is like giving in to tigers. Uninitiated by me, it's a tiger chasing me, and me deciding at some point that I want to be eaten, and so I stop running. Me initiating is a similar experience, except I lured it into a room with myself and locked the door and ate the key.
    Eeeeeh... Not. at. all. It's clear that I was talking about some sort of a vital impetus bonus. A fuel that makes you grow and push you to self-actualization.
    This fuel could be self-sufficient, as "love is joy with the accompanying idea of an external cause" and this external cause is somewhat "contingent", BUT the relationship in itself is the threatening thing (to me anyway).
    Fear of letting the tiger invade your space + intense desire for intimacy, both at the same time, is a 5 issue.
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

Arthur Rimbaud

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Eeeeeh... Not. at. all. It's clear that I was talking about some sort of a vital impetus bonus. A fuel that makes you grow and push you to self-actualization.
    This fuel could be self-sufficient, as "love is joy with the accompanying idea of an external cause" and this external cause is somewhat "contingent", BUT the relationship in itself is the threatening thing (to me anyway).
    Fear of letting the tiger invade your space + intense desire for intimacy, both at the same time, is a 5 issue.
    I just thought that if there was sap involved, it should be sweet. As far as fuel for self-actualization, I get equal amounts of push from righteous anger, and another less namable and less defined vital force.

I usually avoid talking about the more general concept of love. It's confusing issue to me. I feel like we've made a word, and want to attach all beautiful things to it, but the word itself doesn't correspond to a necessarily common experience. Much like 'God.' It's a fine use of language, but difficult to have discussions with.

It feels more natural to use it in the context of personal relationships, where I admit, I'm still not exactly sure what it is, or how/if it relates to a greater concept, but at least it is anchored in something objective.

MBTI
    WILD

I just thought that if there was sap involved, it should be sweet. As far as fuel for self-actualization, I get equal amounts of push from righteous anger, and another less namable and less defined vital force.

I usually avoid talking about the more general concept of love. It's confusing issue to me. I feel like we've made a word, and want to attach all beautiful things to it, but the word itself doesn't correspond to a necessarily common experience. Much like 'God.' It's a fine use of language, but difficult to have discussions with.

It feels more natural to use it in the context of personal relationships, where I admit, I'm still not exactly sure what it is, or how/if it relates to a greater concept, but at least it is anchored in something objective.
    Well, let's say "bitter sweet", most of the time. ^^

I can understand, sometimes I need to embody these concepts, through my personal story, in a tangible experience (must be Fi-Si working here).
    (And I must confess that sometimes talking abstractly was a way of hiding my inner turmoils, I'm not sure I've totally dropped this bad habit haha. Hem...)

I really appreciate the bolded comment, 'cause paradoxically we can notice that the more we describe an experience in a very subjective way, the more we're able to touch something which is commonly shared...

(I should have added that, "concretely", the perfect relationship is the ultimate fuel, or perhaps this is the unattainable and yet so close perfection which we long for that is the ultimate fuel actually)
    Henri Bergson

Arthur Rimbaud

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Well, let's say "bitter sweet", most of the time. ^^

I can understand, sometimes I need to embody these concepts, through my personal story, in a tangible experience (must be Fi-Si working here).
    (And I must confess that sometimes talking abstractly was a way of hiding my inner turmoils, I'm not sure I've totally dropped this bad habit haha. Hem...)

I really appreciate the bolded comment, 'cause paradoxically we can notice that the more we describe an experience in a very subjective way, the more we're able to touch something which is commonly shared...

(I should have added that, "concretely", the perfect relationship is the ultimate fuel, or perhaps this is the unattainable and yet so close perfection which we long for that is the ultimate fuel actually)
    I was going to type something to that effect, but I didn't want to sound like I was lecturing. I'm enheartened that you picked it up and went the same direction.

And I also have my own personal/conceptual lexicon, but it's so esoteric that I can't start substituting it for its vernacular homonym counterpart. People would look at me very strangely.

Hmmm, relationships as a personal resource/object. There's something that I need to think about.