User Tag List

Page 79 of 1261 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081891291795791079 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you feeling right now?

Phantonym

Frustrated. :steam: Why can't people think ahead? Why are they so stuck in their own little worlds, categorically refusing to make any changes or even acknowledge that there have to be changes in order for things to progress? Can't they feel that they're suffocating through all the whining? It's difficult and sad to watch because sooner or later it's going to catch up to them and it will be twice as difficult to change things. I feel helpless because I know I could help but I can't force people do things they feel so strongly about not doing.

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Frustrated. :steam: Why can't people think ahead? Why are they so stuck in their own little worlds, categorically refusing to make any changes or even acknowledge that there have to be changes in order for things to progress? Can't they feel that they're suffocating through all the whining? It's difficult and sad to watch because sooner or later it's going to catch up to them and it will be twice as difficult to change things. I feel helpless because I know I could help but I can't force people do things they feel so strongly about not doing.
    This is (one of ) my theory's about People:

People, like electricity, tend to take the path of least resistance. That path is the one that was laid down in their childhood, that motivated them. If they wanted to prove themselves worthy, then they move through life trying to prove themselves (which to most looks very hard); if they were taught to be victims, they act as such, always taking, never giving; if they had to assume more responsibility than their right, they only know work as joy. If this known path, this path of least resistance, ever gets too hard, they will become apathetic or turn to addiction to cope. To change this path, this pattern, only intensive therapy and consciousness will work, and even that will be feel anathema to their 'real' personality underlying it all, so they will still not feel at peace. Or they might, but it will take a very long time, as in years and years.

Of course to us, none of it makes logical sense. And this is the only explanation why: Because at some point for them, this was the logical way to be for them. It's the breaking OUT of the pattern that is nearly impossible, once it's set in the formative years.

It's only if they were basically left alone to grow into their own personality within a nurturing environment (first do no harm) that they could be actualized and healthy as an individual.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

I feel that AA's outlook on humanity is terribly depressing.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Feeling doubtful that I'll have a positive outcome after making a first move with someone. Maybe I'll be surprised, but still, I'm not holding my breath that the person will show the same level of interest in me as I do them.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I feel that AA's outlook on humanity is terribly depressing.
    Maybe I'm really an INTJ in disguise. Does that make you feel better?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Annoyed, wired and tired. Not sleeping much probably about three hours a night, might be adding to the feelings...not hullucinating yet, thats good.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Tonight I went to dinner with a Nobel Laureate in chemistry. Genetics to be precise. He was an ENTP as exemplified by everything he said. At 80 he still was so brilliantly on top of every aspect of the conversation and so very quick witted. He even gave us a bunch of rules to follow that read like the ultimate Ti/Fe bible of how to get shit done in science.

But the most fascinating thing he said...

"Evolution favors those who are normal. If you dont conform you get killed....find the bright young kids who are very different and gifted at very specific tasks and cherish them, recognizing they will likely fail at most things but excel at those few very specific gifts they have...those gifts are not likely to be carried along genetically given how unusual those kids are....find those who excel at very unusual things and cherish them"

I dont know why, perhaps my silly need for affirmation, but to hear someone so exceptionally clever say it is okay to be different, to see the world in a way others may not understand? It was awesome.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Tonight I went to dinner with a Nobel Laureate in chemistry. Genetics to be precise. He was an ENTP as exemplified by everything he said. At 80 he still was so brilliantly on top of every aspect of the conversation and so very quick witted. He even gave us a bunch of rules to follow that read like the ultimate Ti/Fe bible of how to get shit done in science.

But the most fascinating thing he said...

"Evolution favors those who are normal. If you dont conform you get killed....find the bright young kids who are very different and gifted at very specific tasks and cherish them, recognizing they will likely fail at most things but excel at those few very specific gifts they have...those gifts are not likely to be carried along genetically given how unusual those kids are....find those who excel at very unusual things and cherish them"

I dont know why, perhaps my silly need for affirmation, but to hear someone so exceptionally clever say it is okay to be different, to see the world in a way others may not understand? It was awesome.
    oh i love that so much.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Post-Humorously Array stalemate's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Feeling great after an evening run.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I was confused, but I am not anymore, thanks to myself and my isfj friend.