User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Fucking cranky. I'm sick and I'm at work. Maybe I can just project a bubble of non-engagement and pretend I'm somewhere else entirely. Possibly in the Pina Colada song, I like getting caught in the rain.
    Likes Cloudpatrol, N/A liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Fucking cranky. I'm sick and I'm at work. Maybe I can just project a bubble of non-engagement and pretend I'm somewhere else entirely. Possibly in the Pina Colada song, I like getting caught in the rain.
    That song is my idea of hell....and by that I mean that song being played over and over and over.... One play is purgatory.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That song is my idea of hell....and by that I mean that song being played over and over and over.... One play is purgatory.
    It may surprise you to know that I feel similarly, and before I posted this, I wondered WHY I am dreaming about pina coladas and making love at midnight in the dunes of the cape. The song is insipid chaff, but I do like all those things, and this little line caught my heart... "If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain". That's some dating profile gold, there.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It may surprise you to know that I feel similarly, and before I posted this, I wondered WHY I am dreaming about pina coladas and making love at midnight in the dunes of the cape. The song is insipid chaff, but I do like all those things, and this little line caught my heart... "If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain". That's some dating profile gold, there.
    That's rather defensive... IMO, using positive wording and focusing on what you DO want is better energy.

I saw a guy put on his dating profile "no stripper hoes who do drugs", and I thought, "Well, that says something to me about YOU, considering you feel the need to state that".

Also, who will identify as having half a brain?
    "Wow this guy looks cool....oh wait, he only wants women with whole brains. Oh well..."

I have the same reaction when I see women who put "no cheaters or liars!". Oh, and will the cheating and lying men kindly step out of the running after reading that? They just put a big bullseye on their head that says "I can be victimized".

/tangent
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That's rather defensive... IMO, using positive wording and focusing on what you DO want is better energy.

I saw a guy put on his dating profile "no stripper hoes who do drugs", and I thought, "Well, that says something to me about YOU, considering you feel the need to state that".

Also, who will identify as having half a brain?
    "Wow this guy looks cool....oh wait, he only wants women with whole brains. Oh well..."

I have the same reaction when I see women who put "no cheaters or liars!". Oh, and will the cheating and lying men kindly step out of the running after reading that? They just put a big bullseye on their head that says "I can be victimized".

/tangent
    Haha, sorry, I was being a bit provocative there. I agree with you, and *if* I were ever to open a dating profile (which I've avoided up until now), I wouldn't say anything like that, except maybe quoting the song verbatim, because I find it amusing.

MBTI
    JEDI
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Haha, sorry, I was being a bit provocative there. I agree with you, and *if* I were ever to open a dating profile (which I've avoided up until now), I wouldn't say anything like that, except maybe quoting the song verbatim, because I find it amusing.
    Don't knock dating profiles. 2 out of three of my relationships were started via dating profiles. Then again, neither of them lasted. YMMV, I guess.

That being said, a common thing I came across on dating profiles that annoyed me was women saying they "love to laugh." Oh good, you're not one of those people that hates laughter.
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Don't knock dating profiles. 2 out of three of my relationships were started via dating profiles. Then again, neither of them lasted. YMMV, I guess.

That being said, a common thing I came across on dating profiles that annoyed me was women saying they "love to laugh." Oh good, you're not one of those people that hates laughter.
    I never said that online dating is bad. I'm just incapable of doing it. I have empathic abilities, I can sense personal rejection at any distance. It's perfectly manageable at normal levels, but when I get rejected by hundreds daily I develop strange neurological symptoms from the overload within an hour of opening a profile. Within 1 month, I will die--I suspect.

I imagine ladies who are healing from serious gut wounds hate to laugh. I am particularly attracted to them, but occasionally I am inadvertently funny. I just can't win.
    Likes Osprey liked this post

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Sleepy. I got everything done today but I want to start on another art project. Too bad humans still need to sleep.
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    926 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Kind of excited to go to the Netherlands soon.
    Likes geedoenfj, Dreamer liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Omg Omg Omg I'm SO excited and HAPPY right now. AHHH
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes geedoenfj, Cloudpatrol liked this post