User Tag List

First 234

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I don't know if this might help of not - I'm ENFP, Domino ( my twin ) is an ENFJ. One letter difference, but it is significant. So if you feel that the description of an ENFP fits you overall, then that's probably what you are. I'm very organized myself, I like to have a game plan, keep my living environment sorted out, etc. I do find inflexible timetables anxiety inducing, mostly because it seems I am completely unable to be exactly on time to anything, regardless of how I try. But I do like to have ball park estimates of what my plans for the day will be. I'm not totally a "fly by the seat of your pants" type. ( I think it's because my inner ISTJ us very well developed ). I don't blow people off, but I do take " time outs" from them if I'm feeling fried. But I do tell them what's going on with me,so they don't have to guess as to why they haven't seen me, and so they don't feel abandoned.

My sister is very J, but she's not especially regimented. I think it all depends on how well developed each of your functions is.

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Maybe this fickle stereotype has more to do with our (ENFP) typical communication style. We in general don't like to make plans in advance if we are going to meet someone out, we are generally not direct and to the point and this may confuse people, and we generally don't share our true thoughts and feelings if we feel uncomfortable, or negative, we will have trouble saying no, rejecting, redirecting, setting boundaries as well as giving proper credit to the other person (extroverted feeling) even though we feel it, we don't say it. This extroverted feeling and making plans, and being more direct and saying how we feel, (is what we want to be more like but struggle with, I think because there are not many role models out there) instead it is easier to be silent, think of expressing feelings as fake, or not real, going off on zany tangents and acting ditsy of ADD, when we are well aware of what is going on inside us, but we can't express ourselves and feel frustrated, or worst, when very frustrated we may become malicious and (throw other people under the bus, and blaming others for our problems, like we are the victims, and gossip and back stab people) would help people trust us more and see us as less fickle. It is harder, but more fun to be straight up confront situations. I still find making plans, sometimes to be difficult, because I don't know how I am going to feel that day, and I don't want to come across as too bossy.

In short, with younger ENFP's I think it is more common, because it is a defense mechanism, when we are uncomfortable letting our guard down, we act like a flake or make jokes a lot. This quality lessens with maturity, life becomes more dull and realize that people can't see though you, and vice-versa.

p.s.(Excuse my grammar, I may have left some words out. It's late, hope this is makes sense...)
    Last edited by hermeticdancer; 03-27-2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: sp.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i know what you mean and agree. i come across light and airy and i am to most people because i have to trust you quite a lot to open up and express the other things that aren't easy. it is frustrating not feeling like you can communicate as well as you want and you hate to be misunderstood.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    nine

I can totally relate to all these comments on schedules! Hate them...
    Here is a possible explanation for ENFP actions;
    The information gathering is different then others. Instead of collecting information linearly, i.e making lists, scheduling etc. ENFP's will tend to intuitively take in all the information, then distill it all to find the answer or solution to a problem. Now the world, schools, work place, etc. runs on schedules, notes, planning, etc. The ENFP is ready when they are ready, and not by a schedule. The distillation process of large amounts of information takes time, it also require some solitude, to work out. Anyway, this explains the distaste and panic when it comes to deadlines! It also explains the seemingly "spaced out" or scattered reply's that people get when they ask us a question.
    There is yet another typology, called Human Dynamics, that deals with the way the different types think, and process information. The ENFP would be called Physical Emotional, relying on there intuition to gather information, but this will be another topic...
    Hope this makes some sense!
    Jon

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I'm not fickle or adhd unless I'm under a lot of stress and not being myself or have to do something I really cannot stand.

Usually, most people associate me with being organized, reliable, a planner, and someone who gets very irked by people who are not.

I know, I know - not your stereotypical ENFP, but screw it, I am.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

OMG LADY JAYE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!! Where have you been????? I missed you!!!!!!!!!!

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Being overscheduled makes me anxious, too. I have to have some plans to make me feel secure, and some sense of what I will do in the near future, but it has to be a loose framework and I feel an intense sense of relief when I have an unplanned day.
    Same here!
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Thalassa liked this post