User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 37

  1. #21
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I do however have some really weird anxiety issues about appointments. I always show up 15 minutes early. I hate having my day planned as it makes me anxious trying to remember all the stuff I have to do.
    This is eerily familiar...

    BTW, it surprised me to learn that ENFPs are commonly(?) affected by anxiety and prone to anxiety attacks. Damn Ne/Fi.

    In theory, I want to get things done, but I realize I'm a P because the unscheduled day/week/month - it's like a beautiful blank canvas. And as soon as you start making plans and decisions, you reduce the infinity of possibilities until finally you are *gasp* stuck with something and it gets harder and harder to re/arrange one appointment once you get locked into a matrix of multiple appointments.

    I know in theory as well this sounds kooky ^^ but I think this is one why my "P" manifests in a very visceral, every day kinda thing for me.

    I need to be super, almost over and tightly scheduled or have a ton of things on my 'to do' list or else else my natural inertia (and extraversion?) causes me to drift and be very beach bum laissez faire and get NOTHING done.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  2. #22
    Senior Member Malkavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Erp... *yoinks Malkavia back into the thread*

    Na-uh, not so fast there mister! Things were going well up until you used the Q and E words together and suggested closure would help you sleep *head-shake* this will not do, soon you'll others expecting this concept of 'closure' will cut it when dealing with ExxPs! They'll think they can answer a question and walk away, that we'll stop our quest for alternate answers. That kind of thing should keep you awake at night, just look at the precedent you've set
    ....drat!

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    First, how old are you?
    I'm 20, but Ive always had to be organized. I've been completely on my own since about 17 so Ive learned how to take care of myself.

    I understand P does not mean disorganized.

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I need to be super, almost over and tightly scheduled or have a ton of things on my 'to do' list or else else my natural inertia (and extraversion?) causes me to drift and be very beach bum laissez faire and get NOTHING done.
    Wow, I can't live like that. Actually, if I'm tightly scheduled it will CAUSE me to break down, run away, and do nothing. I function better in the long term if I'm given adequate space on an almost daily basis.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    I'm not organized, by when it comes to people I wouldn't consider myself fickle at all. One thing is true though, my mind tends to shut off for a few seconds if you are talking to me in minute detail explaining something. I can try really hard but inferior Si prevents me from assimilating information in that way. I'll just get the gist of it. People can sometimes confuse this with not caring.

  5. #25
    Senior Member gigi_xo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Wow, I can't live like that. Actually, if I'm tightly scheduled it will CAUSE me to break down, run away, and do nothing. I function better in the long term if I'm given adequate space on an almost daily basis.

    yes, I dont think a tight schedule would produce anything but a panic attack

    I am working on an annotated bibliography due tomorrow morning and I told myself I'd to 3 sources and hour

    then I freaked out and told myself to go at my own pace

    3 sources were done in half an hour with that mindset

    just a loose example
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

    Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%


    3w4

  6. #26
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post
    I just have read so many posts here on this forum about ENFPs not calling people back or not putting effort in relationships or appearing, spreading the love, then disapearing again.

    I just dont understand that and I myself would never do those things.
    Sometimes I honestly just forget. I try to have electronic things remind me of plans and important events, but it's just hard to keep track of everything or to remember to make an outlook appointment or add it to my calendar even. I don't like it in myself, though, especially when it comes to relationships with other people, so I do try really, really hard to remember everything. I just don't always succeed if there is something else on my mind or if I get wrapped up in something very interesting or another conversation or if I fall asleep or something.

    And a lot of the time I underestimate how long it will take me to get places.

    It's not that I don't care. I care quite a lot... it's just that I am a little bit of a mess. And I'm not trying to make excuses. I actually work really hard at not being a mess.

  7. #27
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    In theory, I want to get things done, but I realize I'm a P because the unscheduled day/week/month - it's like a beautiful blank canvas. And as soon as you start making plans and decisions, you reduce the infinity of possibilities until finally you are *gasp* stuck with something
    Yeah... I find there's a happy medium. Too much and I just like short circuit or something. Too little and I just sort of mope around. My work day is typically not very flexible, though, so most of my free time I leave unscheduled, except for the weekends, but even then I try to leave time for spontaneity.

  8. #28
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Sometimes I honestly just forget. I try to have electronic things remind me of plans and important events, but it's just hard to keep track of everything or to remember to make an outlook appointment or add it to my calendar even. I don't like it in myself, though, especially when it comes to relationships with other people, so I do try really, really hard to remember everything. I just don't always succeed if there is something else on my mind or if I get wrapped up in something very interesting or another conversation or if I fall asleep or something.

    And a lot of the time I underestimate how long it will take me to get places.

    It's not that I don't care. I care quite a lot... it's just that I am a little bit of a mess. And I'm not trying to make excuses. I actually work really hard at not being a mess.
    ha!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  9. #29
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,651

    Default

    It's true, though!

  10. #30
    Uniqueorn William K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    That's finicky.

    Like a cat. (i.e. "INFPs" :P)

    ENFPs are more like puppies.
    Hey! Who are you calling picky?

    *goes back to sorting out the peas from his dinner because his Fi feels that they taste icky*
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

    appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

    I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

    The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Similar Threads

  1. Type Mike Using Any System based off of Quote and Picture
    By Mal12345 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-11-2017, 10:35 PM
  2. [ENFP] Any ENFPs Been in Relationships with ENTJs?
    By nomadic in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 05-09-2015, 01:51 AM
  3. [ENFP] ENFPs, love, obsession, or myth???
    By Hexis in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 244
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 03:59 PM
  4. [ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction
    By targobelle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM
  5. [ENFP] ENFPs. Not easily impressed?
    By headhurts in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 10:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO