User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I do however have some really weird anxiety issues about appointments. I always show up 15 minutes early. I hate having my day planned as it makes me anxious trying to remember all the stuff I have to do.
    This is eerily familiar...

BTW, it surprised me to learn that ENFPs are commonly(?) affected by anxiety and prone to anxiety attacks. Damn Ne/Fi.

In theory, I want to get things done, but I realize I'm a P because the unscheduled day/week/month - it's like a beautiful blank canvas. And as soon as you start making plans and decisions, you reduce the infinity of possibilities until finally you are *gasp* stuck with something and it gets harder and harder to re/arrange one appointment once you get locked into a matrix of multiple appointments.

I know in theory as well this sounds kooky ^^ but I think this is one why my "P" manifests in a very visceral, every day kinda thing for me.

I need to be super, almost over and tightly scheduled or have a ton of things on my 'to do' list or else else my natural inertia (and extraversion?) causes me to drift and be very beach bum laissez faire and get NOTHING done.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Erp... *yoinks Malkavia back into the thread*

Na-uh, not so fast there mister! Things were going well up until you used the Q and E words together and suggested closure would help you sleep *head-shake* this will not do, soon you'll others expecting this concept of 'closure' will cut it when dealing with ExxPs! They'll think they can answer a question and walk away, that we'll stop our quest for alternate answers. That kind of thing should keep you awake at night, just look at the precedent you've set
    ....drat!

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    First, how old are you?
    I'm 20, but Ive always had to be organized. I've been completely on my own since about 17 so Ive learned how to take care of myself.

I understand P does not mean disorganized.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I need to be super, almost over and tightly scheduled or have a ton of things on my 'to do' list or else else my natural inertia (and extraversion?) causes me to drift and be very beach bum laissez faire and get NOTHING done.
    Wow, I can't live like that. Actually, if I'm tightly scheduled it will CAUSE me to break down, run away, and do nothing. I function better in the long term if I'm given adequate space on an almost daily basis.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm not organized, by when it comes to people I wouldn't consider myself fickle at all. One thing is true though, my mind tends to shut off for a few seconds if you are talking to me in minute detail explaining something. I can try really hard but inferior Si prevents me from assimilating information in that way. I'll just get the gist of it. People can sometimes confuse this with not caring.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Wow, I can't live like that. Actually, if I'm tightly scheduled it will CAUSE me to break down, run away, and do nothing. I function better in the long term if I'm given adequate space on an almost daily basis.

yes, I dont think a tight schedule would produce anything but a panic attack

I am working on an annotated bibliography due tomorrow morning and I told myself I'd to 3 sources and hour

then I freaked out and told myself to go at my own pace

3 sources were done in half an hour with that mindset

just a loose example
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post
    I just have read so many posts here on this forum about ENFPs not calling people back or not putting effort in relationships or appearing, spreading the love, then disapearing again.

I just dont understand that and I myself would never do those things.
    Sometimes I honestly just forget. I try to have electronic things remind me of plans and important events, but it's just hard to keep track of everything or to remember to make an outlook appointment or add it to my calendar even. I don't like it in myself, though, especially when it comes to relationships with other people, so I do try really, really hard to remember everything. I just don't always succeed if there is something else on my mind or if I get wrapped up in something very interesting or another conversation or if I fall asleep or something.

And a lot of the time I underestimate how long it will take me to get places.

It's not that I don't care. I care quite a lot... it's just that I am a little bit of a mess. And I'm not trying to make excuses. I actually work really hard at not being a mess.

In theory, I want to get things done, but I realize I'm a P because the unscheduled day/week/month - it's like a beautiful blank canvas. And as soon as you start making plans and decisions, you reduce the infinity of possibilities until finally you are *gasp* stuck with something
    Yeah... I find there's a happy medium. Too much and I just like short circuit or something. Too little and I just sort of mope around. My work day is typically not very flexible, though, so most of my free time I leave unscheduled, except for the weekends, but even then I try to leave time for spontaneity.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Sometimes I honestly just forget. I try to have electronic things remind me of plans and important events, but it's just hard to keep track of everything or to remember to make an outlook appointment or add it to my calendar even. I don't like it in myself, though, especially when it comes to relationships with other people, so I do try really, really hard to remember everything. I just don't always succeed if there is something else on my mind or if I get wrapped up in something very interesting or another conversation or if I fall asleep or something.

And a lot of the time I underestimate how long it will take me to get places.

It's not that I don't care. I care quite a lot... it's just that I am a little bit of a mess. And I'm not trying to make excuses. I actually work really hard at not being a mess.
    ha!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

It's true, though!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

That's finicky.

Like a cat. (i.e. "INFPs" :P)

ENFPs are more like puppies.
    Hey! Who are you calling picky?

*goes back to sorting out the peas from his dinner because his Fi feels that they taste icky*
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell