User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Is it too late?

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

what helped me, just recently, was just accepting who i am, but not fretting about people who were different. live and let live.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    Yeah, I've found that I feel a ton better when I'm pursuing my artistic interests. What spoils it is again my perfectionism, but I'm working on it. :]

Here's another quote for you. This is from Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way Every Day.

February 3

Question: What would I do if I didn't have to do it perfectly?
    Answer: A great deal more than I am.

We've all heard that the unexamined life is not worth living, but consider too that the unlived life is not worth examining. The success of a creative recovery hinges on our ability to move out of the head and into action. This brings us squarely to risk. Most of us are practiced at talking ourselves out of risk. We are skilled speculators on the probable pain of self-exposure. We deny that in order to do something well we must first be willing to do it badly. Once we are willing to accept that anything worth doing might even be worth doing badly our options widen.

MBTI
    INFJ

I am in college as well and have no motivation. It's like everyone else wants me there. Sure I realize college is good, but I have always been pressured to succeed and I just to be on my own so I can make my own decisions.

I think some time off would be good. Make a commitment to go back though, college is important in the long run. Do like a semester off or something, no more than a year. That might help, I am thinking of doing it myself.
    I may burst into random song or sit quietly and read. I may argue about something I know nothing about, or help those in need. I don't know everything about the world, but I know me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm going to try and be as succinct as possible--I'm taking medication for depression, the medication worked and I'm not as depressed, but this has left me with the realization that my self-esteem has left the premises along with any sort of identity.

I want to change. I want to be that ideal self I see in my mind and that I feel most comfortable with, but I feel as if it's too late.

I'm a sophomore in college and I haven't really made any new friends. I don't know what I'll do next year because I'll feel so dumb rooming with someone I don't know at all again. I almost want to take a year off to work and do some soul searching, but I don't know anymore. That might just make me even more lost than I already am.

I think this may be because of my unbending perfectionism. It's like I haven't done things the way I wanted to do them since I entered college, so now I feel as if I've ruined everything, already.

I have no idea if this makes sense, lol.

But have any NF's had the same experience, the feeling that no matter what you do, it's too late? How do you motivate yourself? How do you find some compromise between your ideals and reality?
    Chin up, here's a song for you.

[YOUTUBE="WlBiLNN1NhQ"]Bright side[/YOUTUBE]
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

"I want to change. I want to be that ideal self I see in my mind and that I feel most comfortable with, but I feel as if it's too late."

this makes me think about something... i think it's a life long process...

i don't know if what i've said will help you at all, but i hope you'll find some kind of peace of mind.

take, or leave what i've said. you're the only one who knows what's best for you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEE

I want to change.
    Don't let sincerity and intensity fuel your depression. Use it to make yourself and other people feel good. Use medications if you will, but most of the time there is no substance stronger than you for proactively fighting sadness (and You is inexpensive, free, efficient, feels unlike anything else). INFPs are some of the most kindhearted people I know. I also watch it go unnoticed frequently.

The reality-ideals balance is a large part of understanding your own typology. There is a language to how you interpret the world. NFs are prone to knowing the world in abstract or fantastical terms. This is not to say you aren't rational or logical, but you must find the balance between the way you like to look at things because it's easiest and best for you, and what you have accepted as reality or known truth.

As far as taking time off, I would normally advise to steadily continue pursuing goals, but I know the immeasurable benefit of taking a breather to understand what you already know. To make a wise decision about your own circumstances, ask yourself, Do you need to intake more info about your current state or do you need time to sort the overflow?

Perfectionism? Is it too late? Motivation? hehe..

Now and zen you goof again
    You never blow your trip forever..
    PURE LOVE ENFP. IEE. 9w1 (0). Saggitarius. Jupiter! FIRE!

~It is only the benevolent man who is capable of liking or disliking other men.
    - Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
    ~Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.
    - Learn as though you would never be able to master it; hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

It always feels like it`s either too soon or too late.
    But,it isn`t.Of that I am sure.
    Hope will return.Never give up!
    "It might seem like you've got me where you want me and my game is up, but luck is a funny thing. I hope you know how to laugh, because things are about to get really funny."