• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you like your own type in other people?

G

garbage

I only know two other enfps.

the girl is one of my best friends, but we're both so fickle and easily distracted we sort of forget we're best friends for a couple weeks and then come back together, very lovingly & pick up where we left off.

Weeks!? Wow, that goes on for months with me and my ENFP friend..

I think the last time this came up, I decided that most ENFPs I know were lovable and friendly, but flaky.

edit: yup

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, the two I'm sure of in RL have not been the most positive experiences; but what can you expect when one is your basketcase father and the other was the roommate that used the utility money to buy weed all the time. Online I have mixed feelings, but I probably scare more than I have any real issues with. Being Fi first, though, it should be easily understandable that enough of a deviation in values can cause some interesting conflicts between us.

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know about a bajillion ENFPs since my job is creative and sort of moth-to-flame for ENFPs!!

I'm amazed, absolutely flummoxed, over how many different flavors of clear ENFPs there are. I get along with all, especially on a work level, but none of them are my best friends. We get along wonderfully, but we're all better friends with other people. I think it's a tiny bit of a territory thing.

On a completely unrelated side-note, what's this smiley: :workout:

Looks like a disgruntled window washer! :laugh:

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
The only other ENFPs ive ever met have been immature ones. I cant stand them.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I know about a bajillion ENFPs since my job is creative and sort of moth-to-flame for ENFPs!!

I'm amazed, absolutely flummoxed, over how many different flavors of clear ENFPs there are. I get along with all, especially on a work level, but none of them are my best friends. We get along wonderfully, but we're all better friends with other people. I think it's a tiny bit of a territory thing.

On a completely unrelated side-note, what's this smiley: :workout:

Looks like a disgruntled window washer! :laugh:

I think that smiley is trying to work out and not enjoying it very much :)

and I only know a couple, and I wish we remembered to be better friends, but I am soooo easily distracted and too anxious to keep in touch with everyone lol

P

Phantonym

I found out about a year ago by accident (we hadn't discussed typology before) that a friend of mine of 13 years is also an INFJ. She was officially tested. I suspected it ever since I started dabbling with personality types, so it was nice to have a confirmation of it. Looking back on the years we've been friends, I started to notice those little things on how we actually gravitated towards each other from the start and how much we have in common when it comes to typology. She is the only INFJ I've met in "real life", so I have no real experience with INFJs to speak of.

I always advocate that it's not the type I like in people, it's the people themselves, and that's how it really should be. However, what I've noticed with communicating with INFJs on the forums is that there really is this INFJ hive-mind present and it's always a very comfortable place to be. So, yes, I do like my own type in other people, but I also like people in general, regardless of type. :)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a few buddies that are ISTJ, and some of their hangups annoy me. They could very well feel the same way about me, so I try not to let what I see get in the way. If anything, learning about types have helpe me help them when we do talk about stuff.

At work, since I am a CPA, I see much more of the 'typical' stuff that is exaggerated here on the forum. But most of the infractions are committed by older ones. My boss is ESTJ and his boss is ISTJ. The ESTJ is a puppet. It sickens me.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I know enough INFPs... I only know one for sure irl, and she's pretty great.

Most of the INFPs around here are pretty cool, too.

I can imagine that an immature INFP could be an absolute nightmare, though.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
If they seem normal and pleasant. Sometimes you get people that try too hard to be something they're not, and they miss the point entirely.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
INFPs and INTPs do not necessarily like each other when they first meet. Because they are not necessarily social and friend-making types to begin with. INTPs in particular can be totally non-commital or just plain dislike other INTPs. INFPs can be meh about each other as well or even think the other INFP is too cold or standoffish or even [too] 'strange'.

As for ENFPs, I have gotten along well with the confirmed ENFPs I've met but I still don't believe they were all ENFPs. ^_^ There is a wide spectrum of ENFPs irl and I think a lot is dependent on how introverted/extraverted you are and your enneagram type...or something. ENFPs do not necessarily resonate nor like each other irl. I lived in a house with 2 other ENFP women (this is why I don't believe they were all typed correctly bc what are the chances???) and the youngest ENFP had a hard time in the house. Or rather, she got on people's nerves. Very 'e' and a little rough around the edges. Another ENFP (male) is probably the most dramatic and loudest of all the ENFPs I know (including myself). He seems pretty popular but we also butt heads, usually around me getting annoyed by something he does or says.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't think I've met another INFJ in my life. Thinking back to grade/high school I think most people I met were xSxx..thus bringing in a lot of conflict. But I always think about the chances of walking past an INFJ when I'm in public. I try and look for MBTI types now when I'm out and about.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I don't think I've met another INFJ in my life. Thinking back to grade/high school I think most people I met were xSxx..thus bringing in a lot of conflict. But I always think about the chances of walking past an INFJ when I'm in public. I try and look for MBTI types now when I'm out and about.

me and my roommate do tooooo!!!

we think life would be much simpler if I could just be like

"Hi, I'm Jasmine, I'm a junior in univeristy. I'm an enfp, and I major in art history."

and the gallery manager at my internship is an infj. I quite love her.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
INFPs and INTPs do not necessarily like each other when they first meet. Because they are not necessarily social and friend-making types to begin with. INTPs in particular can be totally non-commital or just plain dislike other INTPs. INFPs can be meh about each other as well or even think the other INFP is too cold or standoffish or even [too] 'strange'.

As for ENFPs, I have gotten along well with the confirmed ENFPs I've met but I still don't believe they were all ENFPs. ^_^ There is a wide spectrum of ENFPs irl and I think a lot is dependent on how introverted/extraverted you are and your enneagram type...or something. ENFPs do not necessarily resonate nor like each other irl. I lived in a house with 2 other ENFP women (this is why I don't believe they were all typed correctly bc what are the chances???) and the youngest ENFP had a hard time in the house. Or rather, she got on people's nerves. Very 'e' and a little rough around the edges. Another ENFP (male) is probably the most dramatic and loudest of all the ENFPs I know (including myself). He seems pretty popular but we also butt heads, usually around me getting annoyed by something he does or says.

I agree, I love my enfp best friend but we are different. she's much more extroverted and we almost compete bc we have the same things to offer.

and the guy I know is honestly, intimidating lol. he's nice and handsome but he seems so... mature and charming. haha.

we all seem very different though I see how we all relate to the enfp type.

I'm a wee bit daydreamier than they are. and unlike the other girl I am capable of staying on one topic for a minute. but only about a minute.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I know one confirmed INFJ irl, I was shocked to see her I results cause I could've sworn she was an ENFJ. I think there are so many factors to be included and honestly their supposed personality type isn't what determines whether I like them or not - the more I meet people the more convinced I become of this. I like all kinds of people.

It's funny because it's like our brains are wired similarly, though - she picks up on the same things as I. She's so different on the outside, though, like I said, so many factors at play. I really like her, even look up to her because of her sincerity and honesty. I like honesty anyway, so makes sense.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
or even think the other INFP is too cold or standoffish or even [too] 'strange'.

One of the INFPs I know IRL seems "strange" to me, although I like her a lot, and she reminds me of me in some ways :eek:.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
how many do you know?

what is an immature enfp like??

I've met very few. Only 3, and only 2 were confirmed (self tested) ENFPs.

1 is a guy and the other 2 girls.

The guy is the one I know the best. He is extremely prideful and loud. He gets jealous very easy and needs to let everyone know that he has arrived.

It sucks because he has actually regressed into that person since he's been going through college. Ive seen a few glimpses of his true self through the years Ive known him. Hes caring, incredibly intelligent and loves acting and music. However he is so concerned with making others like him (especially other males) that he doesnt allow those qualities come out in him, which is why I find him annoying, because this true self is much more interesting.

The two girls I do not know as well but both were fickle, attention seeking, and too loud. One was so bubbly and happy is was just plain annoying.

I do not know if these qualities meet a textbook definition of an immature ENFP. Im not too stressed out about it. We are all young and have a lot of growing up to do.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I've met very few. Only 3, and only 2 were confirmed (self tested) ENFPs.

1 is a guy and the other 2 girls.

The guy is the one I know the best. He is extremely prideful and loud. He gets jealous very easy and needs to let everyone know that he has arrived.

It sucks because he has actually regressed into that person since he's been going through college. Ive seen a few glimpses of his true self through the years Ive known him. Hes caring, incredibly intelligent and loves acting and music. However he is so concerned with making others like him (especially other males) that he doesnt allow those qualities come out in him, which is why I find him annoying, because this true self is much more interesting.

The two girls I do not know as well but both were fickle, attention seeking, and too loud. One was so bubbly and happy is was just plain annoying.

I do not know if these qualities meet a textbook definition of an immature ENFP. Im not too stressed out about it. We are all young and have a lot of growing up to do.

you sure she was reeeeeally that happy?

when I'm sad/anxious/lonely I tend to get MORE bubbly to cover up how I actually feel.

or maybe the silly girl was immature haha

I had a really good night with my other enfp friend. I forgot how much I missed her. Now I remember. I'll see her in a couple weeks :)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You think? I really like others of my own type. I've never met a female one but the guys have all been favourites and the connection has been instantaneous. I like INFPs too. But they are harder to read.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I married a female version of me. So yes.

It turned out to be the only successful way that I could actually have more of me. And I'm quite fond of me, so . . .