User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Default Do other Nfs enjoy sports/working out?

I totally don't.

One of my best friends is a tennis playing Estp made me work out for like over an hour today and I'm in so much PAIN.

everyone loves working out, loves the gym, blah blah. I hate it. People are gross & sweaty & its so physical and boring and its stressful and BLEH

is this just me?

I tried cross country and cheerleading and besides the fact I'm 100lbs with no muscle and no coordination, I feel like I'm so N I get BORED with the entire ORDEAL. I am speaking for just myself as an enfp.... but maybe I need more S... bc i can't do this everday to get "toned"

bc my friend says if I dont get toned, despite being 100lbs I'll be flabby when Im thirty. It was a hurtful & stressful comment.

thank you for allowing to vent.

others opinions?
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ISFJ

I can like game sports. Like team sports or any other sport where you need to think.But working out or exercise is hell on earth.

And don't let yourself be controlled by your friend in any way. Directly or indirectly.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I can like game sports. Like team sports or any other sport where you need to think.But working out or exercise is hell on earth.

And don't let yourself be controlled by your boyfriend in any way. Directly or indirectly.
    tis not my boyfriend, its one of my best friends, she's a very bossy, very well-meaning athlete
    but she's KILLING meeee. and part of my just really wants to be hot & toned lol
    and the other part feels to guilty not to finish what i started. Cos I never finish anything.

but honestly... my legs are KILLING me from lunges and squats and a 3 mile run.

and WHO are these people who just LOVE the gym???
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

3w4

MBTI
    ISFJ

Oh lol, sorry that was a typo. I was thinking friend but I typed it wrong. I don't give a crap what my friends think about how I look or what I wear and I would advise you to do the same.

And for all my hate of working out, I have taken it upon myself before to go to the gym like 4 times a week. If you knew me you would think that is...well...unthinkable.

But, it's about finding the proper motivation and knowing it will make you healthier, not just looking better.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Exercising makes me feel good, but its so hard because I get bored so easily....however... the gym I work out at now has personal TVs and I can watch whatever the hell I want to when I do cardio and its awesome.

Sniffles

I often like combat sports. I'm trying to get into fencing again.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post
    Exercising makes me feel good, but its so hard because I get bored so easily....however... the gym I work out at now has personal TVs and I can watch whatever the hell I want to when I do cardio and its awesome.
    I like running actually

its the weights/lunges/squats my friend enforced that KILLED me.

I get my ipod and get all catharsis-y

& Sytpg

and yeah the healthy thing is good motivation too. is 4 times a week working out for you? My friend demands every day

and I have an inexplicable need to please everyone

3w4

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    and yeah the healthy thing is good motivation too. is 4 times a week working out for you?
    It did. But then I stopped I'm thinking about it again though. It was actually 5 times a week at times. I'm kind of an all or nothing guy. If I thought of going to the gym 2 times a week I'd go one...and then keep postponing it till Friday...and then come up with an excuse to not go. It's psychological. It's about honing my P.

[QUOTE=gigi_xo;1094527and I have an inexplicable need to please everyone [/QUOTE]

In 20 years you'll be cursing at yourself for trying to do that. Please yourself. Be kind to others, but don't let them influence you. Take everything with two grains of salt...even this post.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I love sport!

I really enjoy watching a range of sports and used to play a great many. Unfortunately I am lazy and haven't been very involved the last few years. I've tried running recently but I seriously lack the self-discipline to keep it up (believe me I really tried hard too).

I must say that training of any kind seems rather annoying to me. I just want to get out a play!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I love sport!

I really enjoy watching a range of sports and used to play a great many. Unfortunately I am lazy and haven't been very involved the last few years. I've tried running recently but I seriously lack the self-discipline to keep it up (believe me I really tried hard too).

I must say that training of any kind seems rather annoying to me. I just want to get out a play!

yay, playtime

I love playing raquetball at my college gym and frisbee & snowball fightsss & dance.

but I CANT/WONT train.

I dont wanna but now im scared of being flabby

& Sytpg

I want to be loved by one & all lol. and if I feel like i'm not doing anything, like im not busy enough I get anxious... the gym seems a nice way to fill up time?

whats your hobby these days?

3w4