• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do other Nfs enjoy sports/working out?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
You shouldn't though. See, you are taking me seriously when I was just joking. Now imagine a INFJ with their deluded sense of reality and the outlandish jokes (they aren't quite capable of actual jokes but that is a story for another time...) they could come up with.

tellll me nowww why they cant joke!!

my legs hurt, distract me :)

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Just pay attentions to INFJs and find out for yourself.

I only know a female one & she hates exercise too :)

shes adorable. But she makes me anxious when we study together bc she's so nervous & hard on herself & serious lol

is this similar to the men?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I only know a female one & she hates exercise too :)

shes adorable. But she makes me anxious when we study together bc she's so nervous & hard on herself & serious lol

is this similar to the men?

My brother isn't that serious, but then again he isn't your average INFJ either (he could be an INTP). But he did take tae kwon do and judo.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
You shouldn't though. See, you are taking me seriously when I was just joking. Now imagine a INFJ with their deluded sense of reality and the outlandish jokes (they aren't quite capable of actual jokes but that is a story for another time...) they could come up with.

Yes, I'd like to hear about this myself.. Though I can't put up an argument because I am not a joke..teller. I can be sarcastic, but setting up an entire theme and story and so on with a rimshot at the end..I fail.

And to answer the sports question..no, I don't. I used to skateboard and I liked how my legs toned up, but then I tried to do some bicep workouts and nearly killed myself. And I never liked playing team sports, but I participated in some. That's essentially all that I've ever done since high school.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yes, I'd like to hear about this myself.. Though I can't put up an argument because I am not a joke..teller. I can be sarcastic, but setting up an entire theme and story and so on with a rimshot at the end..I fail.

Sarcasm is so 1995. Get up with the times INFJ. Not that Ni would ever enable you to achieve that.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Sarcasm is so 1995. Get up with the times INFJ. Not that Ni would ever enable you to achieve that.

fight?

mud wrestle.

and side note: I know a bunch of intx people who do judo :)

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
And to answer the sports question..no, I don't. I used to skateboard and I liked how my legs toned up, but then I tried to do some bicep workouts and nearly killed myself. And I never liked playing team sports, but I participated in some. That's essentially all that I've ever done since high school.

yes I think I may have strained my knees, ankles & back in my efforts to be an athlete this evening.

whats it like being a male infj?

i dont know anyyy

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Well it's a good thing I don't mind living in the past. It's not something I strive to do, it just comes out that way. Then people assume that I'm just this negative prick..

Being a male INFJ is difficult. I can't really explain the exhaustion of trying to form into something else just to get by. I've acted ESTP just so people don't focus on my actual details.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Well it's a good thing I don't mind living in the past. It's not something I strive to do, it just comes out that way. Then people assume that I'm just this negative prick..

omg im such a creep but where in New Jersey are you??

I go to Drew University in madison :)

and im sure people dont assume anything bc assuming makes an ass out of u & me

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Oh cool. I live in Dover, which is a little over 20 minutes away from Madison. What's it like at that particular university?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Oh cool. I live in Dover, which is a little over 20 minutes away from Madison. What's it like at that particular university?

tis delightful. raining a lot. have 9am class in this silly rain. you like nj?

and why act estp?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your friend sounds like someone obsessed with athletics and you don't have to do what she does to be healthy.

I personally hate sports and I'm not a big fan of the gym, but I like walking, dancing, swimming, sometimes jogging, and I do an aerobics DVD pretty regularly these days. I really enjoy walking and swimming especially and neither seems like an ordeal to me. I also love riding a bicycle, though not competitively or anything. Sometimes doing aerobics or strength training can be a pain, but it's worth it to me.

Of course, if you weigh 100 lbs you probably aren't worried about your weight, and that may be why you lack motivation. I would suggest you at least find some moderate physical activity for your health like walking or riding a bicycle or something, though.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I've lived here my whole life. I'm almost 24 now. And the way I see it is by acting ESTP I will have blended in with most of my peers. The guy friend's I had in the past were T's and girls were xSFx. In other words, it's just easier. But it can also be a good thing. I will have strengthened my S and T side.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Trying to be ESTP is what I meant by being angry btw :)

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
also, estp is the type of the fitness nazi whom killed me at the gym this evening with her work out regime reminiscent of death :)
dont pretend to be herrr

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I forgot to answer the NJ question. Do I like it here? It's okay, but since I've been here for too long it's mundane. But it has it's moments.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
gigi_xo, I can so identify with what you're saying.

I'd say that it's not that I hate exercise per se. Instead, I hate any activity that forces me to attend to details... especially details regarding my body. And, I feel a little out of the norm when compared to my ESxx friends who are so into their physical activities. And this makes sense because my inferior function is Si (Introverted Sensing) and Se (Extraverted Sensing) isn't even on my map.

When I have enjoyed physical activities such as hiking, mountain biking, cycling, and even golf, I approach it very differently from my S friends. I get into the idea of a sport. For example, after I saw the Legend of Bagger Vance (which is a retelling of a story from the Bhagavad Gita) I finally "got" golf. So NFs can "get sports" but on their own, big picture terms.

Finally, ENFPs and INFJs have a harder time of it than ENFJs and INFPs. With our dominant iNtuition, Sensing can be very underdeveloped.

Last edited:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like competitive sports. I find them dull to watch & play, and the spirit of competition does not sit well with me, nor does following the "rules". The opening sequence of Daria was totally me in HS (where she barely makes an effort while playing volleyball in PE). Basically, I just don't care enough about winning and mentally I'm off in la la land too much to be alert enough to really get into the game.

I have discovered that I really do enjoy working out. I LOVE yoga, and I like pilates and weight lifting. I also love to ride a bike, and I like to swim. Anything that allows me to daydream with headphones on or music in the background is my kind of physical activity. I find this kind of physical exercise very stress-relieving, depression-reducing, physically energizing, and confidence boosting.

I also have a desire of adventure and I think I could get into something like rock climbing (I enjoyed climbing trees as a kid & stuff like that). I guess I am just not one for "traditional" sports.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
OP. Yes.

And your friend the ESTP, needs to be told that you aren't as zealous about it as they are. And you're hurting yourself trying to keep up.

I don't like competitive sports. I find them dull to watch & play, and the spirit of competition does not sit well with me, nor does following the "rules". The opening sequence of Daria was totally me in HS (where she barely makes an effort while playing volleyball in PE). Basically, I just don't care enough about winning and mentally I'm off in la la land too much to be alert enough to really get into the game.

I have discovered that I really do enjoy working out. I LOVE yoga, and I like pilates and weight lifting. I also love to ride a bike, and I like to swim. Anything that allows me to daydream with headphones on or music in the background is my kind of physical activity. I find this kind of physical exercise very stress-relieving, depression-reducing, physically energizing, and confidence boosting.

I also have a desire of adventure and I think I could get into something like rock climbing (I enjoyed climbing trees as a kid & stuff like that). I guess I am just not one for "traditional" sports.

I'm more about competing with myself, OA. Team sports generally bore me. Except hockey. :devil:

:D