• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do other Nfs enjoy sports/working out?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I totally don't.

One of my best friends is a tennis playing Estp made me work out for like over an hour today and I'm in so much PAIN.

everyone loves working out, loves the gym, blah blah. I hate it. People are gross & sweaty & its so physical and boring and its stressful and BLEH

is this just me?

I tried cross country and cheerleading and besides the fact I'm 100lbs with no muscle and no coordination, I feel like I'm so N I get BORED with the entire ORDEAL. I am speaking for just myself as an enfp.... but maybe I need more S... bc i can't do this everday to get "toned"

bc my friend says if I dont get toned, despite being 100lbs I'll be flabby when Im thirty. It was a hurtful & stressful comment.

thank you for allowing to vent.

others opinions?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can like game sports. Like team sports or any other sport where you need to think.But working out or exercise is hell on earth.

And don't let yourself be controlled by your friend in any way. Directly or indirectly.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I can like game sports. Like team sports or any other sport where you need to think.But working out or exercise is hell on earth.

And don't let yourself be controlled by your boyfriend in any way. Directly or indirectly.

tis not my boyfriend, its one of my best friends, she's a very bossy, very well-meaning athlete
but she's KILLING meeee. and part of my just really wants to be hot & toned lol
and the other part feels to guilty not to finish what i started. Cos I never finish anything.

but honestly... my legs are KILLING me from lunges and squats and a 3 mile run.

and WHO are these people who just LOVE the gym???

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Oh lol, sorry that was a typo. I was thinking friend but I typed it wrong. I don't give a crap what my friends think about how I look or what I wear and I would advise you to do the same.

And for all my hate of working out, I have taken it upon myself before to go to the gym like 4 times a week. If you knew me you would think that is...well...unthinkable.

But, it's about finding the proper motivation and knowing it will make you healthier, not just looking better.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Exercising makes me feel good, but its so hard because I get bored so easily....however... the gym I work out at now has personal TVs and I can watch whatever the hell I want to when I do cardio and its awesome.

S

Sniffles

I often like combat sports. I'm trying to get into fencing again.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Exercising makes me feel good, but its so hard because I get bored so easily....however... the gym I work out at now has personal TVs and I can watch whatever the hell I want to when I do cardio and its awesome.

I like running actually

its the weights/lunges/squats my friend enforced that KILLED me.

I get my ipod and get all catharsis-y

& Sytpg

and yeah the healthy thing is good motivation too. is 4 times a week working out for you? My friend demands every day

and I have an inexplicable need to please everyone :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
and yeah the healthy thing is good motivation too. is 4 times a week working out for you?

It did. But then I stopped :tongue: I'm thinking about it again though. It was actually 5 times a week at times. I'm kind of an all or nothing guy. If I thought of going to the gym 2 times a week I'd go one...and then keep postponing it till Friday...and then come up with an excuse to not go. It's psychological. It's about honing my P.

gigi_xo;1094527and I have an inexplicable need to please everyone :)[/QUOTE said:
In 20 years you'll be cursing at yourself for trying to do that. Please yourself. Be kind to others, but don't let them influence you. Take everything with two grains of salt...even this post.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I love sport!

I really enjoy watching a range of sports and used to play a great many. Unfortunately I am lazy and haven't been very involved the last few years. I've tried running recently but I seriously lack the self-discipline to keep it up (believe me I really tried hard too).

I must say that training of any kind seems rather annoying to me. I just want to get out a play!

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I love sport!

I really enjoy watching a range of sports and used to play a great many. Unfortunately I am lazy and haven't been very involved the last few years. I've tried running recently but I seriously lack the self-discipline to keep it up (believe me I really tried hard too).

I must say that training of any kind seems rather annoying to me. I just want to get out a play!

yay, playtime :)

I love playing raquetball at my college gym and frisbee & snowball fightsss & dance.

but I CANT/WONT train.

I dont wanna :( but now im scared of being flabby

& Sytpg

I want to be loved by one & all lol. and if I feel like i'm not doing anything, like im not busy enough I get anxious... the gym seems a nice way to fill up time?

whats your hobby these days?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I often like combat sports. I'm trying to get into fencing again.

I'm scared of that sort of thing lol

whats appealing, the combat & the art of the sport or the physical exertion of it all & the appeal of competition?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah I did use the gym to fill up time. I dropped out of college so I gotta keep myself busy between jobs.

I'm scared of that sort of thing lol

whats appealing, the combat & the art of the sport or the physical exertion of it all & the appeal of competition?

Male INFJs are angry megalomaniac creatures.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I hate sports, unless laughing while failing at tennis is a sport. I'm good at that one and surely get the exercise from chasing the ball :laugh:, but i haven't 'played' since high school.

However, i do love the gym. Stationary bikes... ellipticals... zumba classes. :wubbie: I certainly haven't gotten there enough, but it's a home away from home.
I understand people's hatred for it. I find it refreshing to ache after a good workout though.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I hate sports, unless laughing while failing at tennis is a sport. I'm good at that one and surely get the exercise from chasing the ball :laugh:, but i haven't 'played' since high school.

However, i do love the gym. Stationary bikes... ellipticals... zumba classes. :wubbie: I certainly haven't gotten there enough, but it's a home away from home.
I understand people's hatred for it. I find it refreshing to ache after a good workout though.

My legs are not refeshed lol but rather very, very angry with me

I just dont have the patience for it I think, maybe I'm just lazy? lol

& why are male infjs angry? haha.

and I have time to fill bc I'm only taking 12 credits bc im slacking :)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
yay, playtime :)

I love playing raquetball at my college gym and frisbee & snowball fightsss & dance.

but I CANT/WONT train.

I dont wanna :( but now im scared of being flabby

The most important thing is to make sure you are having fun and that it's not a chore/torture session. Your friend just sounds like a fitness freak :)

If your goal is to keep fit, then there are many ways of doing cardio exercises without needing to push yourself to the limit. If you like dancing, there are lots of different classes you can join.

I enjoy going to the gym in a social sense since I have a number of friends who join the same classes, but I'm not there to pump myself up to look like a body-builder.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
and yeah the healthy thing is good motivation too. is 4 times a week working out for you? My friend demands every day

and I have an inexplicable need to please everyone :)

I try to cardio every day if I can. When I dont my body feels odd.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
The most important thing is to make sure you are having fun and that it's not a chore/torture session. Your friend just sounds like a fitness freak :)

If your goal is to keep fit, then there are many ways of doing cardio exercises without needing to push yourself to the limit. If you like dancing, there are lots of different classes you can join.

I enjoy going to the gym in a social sense since I have a number of friends who join the same classes, but I'm not there to pump myself up to look like a body-builder.

yes, if I must lose weight for bikini season, I want it to be fun

I may have to tell my fitness guru to back off... but she says this is the only way to do it lol

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
why are male infjs angry? haha.

Because they are really misunderstood and no one takes them seriously so they must learn to kick people's ass if need be. Unless they are gay. Then they are chill. Kinda.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Because they are really misunderstood and no one takes them seriously so they must learn to kick people's ass if need be. Unless they are gay. Then they are chill. Kinda.

why does no one take them seriously?

ill take them seriously :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
why does no one take them seriously?

ill take them seriously :)

You shouldn't though. See, you are taking me seriously when I was just joking. Now imagine a INFJ with their deluded sense of reality and the outlandish jokes (they aren't quite capable of actual jokes but that is a story for another time...) they could come up with.