User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

If star gazing toned me, I'd be so effing in shape
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

Phantonym

I'm not that keen on team things. I hate the gym. The smell makes me gag. But I actually love working out. Yoga, cardio, squash, swimming, power walking, cycling, skiing and so on. It makes me feel good and I don't really think so much about getting in shape or whatever. It's just fun, gets the blood pumping.

But the one problem I have with all that is that I'm not consistent. It takes a while for the habit to set in and I get so incredibly bored and I feel really pressured if I must do the same thing every week or so like the aerobics classes. Then I start to fight it and it's not fun at all. If I can avoid that feeling of pressure, then I'm happy to do lots of different things.

I really dislike sports. I am abysmal at them and I am afraid of getting hurt, or perhaps hurting someone else during playing them. Most sports also are typically a bit too violent and aggressively competitive to my taste. I also dislike watching them.

I understand that exercising is sometimes important for health and partake in it sometimes.

All that being said, to fulfill the sports requirement to acquire ready access to university, I have to partake in a sport and I am- badminton.
    The MBTI is a tool to help you on your self discovery. It nor any other the label can ever hope to describe you, because you are are unique and special, we all are. Any comments made regarding a group of people should be considered to be general and not ubiquitous; and no one should lose of sight of that. . Do not stereotype other people or yourself for that matter, but generalise if you must when a general example or pattern is required. And if you took the time to read this thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantlyImagining View Post
    I really dislike sports. I am abysmal at them and I am afraid of getting hurt, or perhaps hurting someone else during playing them. Most sports also are typically a bit too violent and aggressively competitive to my taste. I also dislike watching them.

I understand that exercising is sometimes important for health and partake in it sometimes.

All that being said, to fulfill the sports requirement to acquire ready access to university, I have to partake in a sport and I am- badminton.
    Awesome!
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I loooove team sports even though I am mediocre at best. I currently play:

Softball
    Volleyball
    Kickball (hee-hee)
    Dodgeball (double hee-hee)

In the Past:
    Basketball
    Track & Field (shot-put & discus)
    Dance (bring on the East Coast Swing)

As far as the gym goes :workout:...I have to have a workout partner or go to some kind of hard-core competitive gym that has structured workouts (Crossfit / Boxing) or I will just wander around running my mouth, becuase the gym is boring. Don't like the gym much.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    I totally don't.

One of my best friends is a tennis playing Estp made me work out for like over an hour today and I'm in so much PAIN.

everyone loves working out, loves the gym, blah blah. I hate it. People are gross & sweaty & its so physical and boring and its stressful and BLEH

is this just me?

I tried cross country and cheerleading and besides the fact I'm 100lbs with no muscle and no coordination, I feel like I'm so N I get BORED with the entire ORDEAL. I am speaking for just myself as an enfp.... but maybe I need more S... bc i can't do this everday to get "toned"

bc my friend says if I dont get toned, despite being 100lbs I'll be flabby when Im thirty. It was a hurtful & stressful comment.

thank you for allowing to vent.

others opinions?
    Here is my suggestion as a wise olde INFP who used to be a personal trainer, has been around for a long time, has worked out for a long time, and has a "point of view."

While I certainly have perspectives on what approximates optimal exercise regimes, diets, supplementation and so one for purposes of "optimal health" and yada yada yada--and I'd be happy to share if you're interested--the reality is that in most cases--the exceptions involving chronic overtraining--the ideal exercise is the one you will do, regularly. If that's ballroom dancing, or swimming, or Judo...by all means...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

team sports, gay.
    except baseball.

working out, gay.
    except when your bmi is 15 and you look anorexic and you need to work out.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

MBTI
    GONE

I love working out, I love the gym, I love power walking. I also like taking dance lessons and being kinetic. Working out doesn't have to be boring. There's lots of fun you can have that also happens to be good excercise. Like rock climbing. Some big cities (SF, NYC) offer trapeze or straight up circus classes. When it comes to being a gym monkey, I like the outfits I can wear, I like zoning out to my music on the treadmill.

I don't know how much excercise/movement is related to being an NF, but I personally enjoy it.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    estp friend "Point each leg at a 90 degree angle- NO KEEP YOUR ANKLES STRAIGHT. Now bend down, back straight- DO NOT BEND YOUR BACK MISSY- alright now hold it for 5 and a half seconds"
    From this alone, I can tell that your friend absolutely knows squat....
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Hated gym class cos I didn't have the best kinesthetic skills. But, I enjoy shooting baskets on my own, playing ping pong, tennis, bicycling, brisk walking, muscle toning, yoga, and love to dance.

I usually bring music with me whenever I'm doing toning exercises, cos those can be a little onerous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche