User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I love to walk outside when it's nice. I like riding a bike, but not all crazy-like. I'd be willing to try tai chi, I think.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Maybe I'd like it, if moving didn't hurt.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

I loooove team sports and played through the college-level. Well, I actually didn't ever really care that much if we won or lost (except that my teammates and coaches cared - probably not the greatest sports attitude) but whether I played well and my teammates played well and we we worked well together. It is such a rewarding and fulfilling experience to have that kind of almost spiritual connection with other people where you know exactly where they are without even looking and you can all anticipate where the others will be and like you're a part of this greater whole that works seamlessly, beautifully together. Obviously we didn't always play like that, but when we did, it was among the most rewarding experiences of my life...

Drills = ick

Now that I don't have a team regimen to keep me in shape, I try to ride my bike a lot now that it is getting warmer and walk places as much as possible instead of taking the train and go running a couple times a week and do my chin-up bar when I remember. I figure if I do that and eat healthful food, I'll probably be ok.

I actually do love the feeling of being sore after a good workout. Not too sore, but a little sore.

gigi_xo - it's probably better for you to find something you like to do than to do what your friend thinks you should. If you like it, you're more likely to stick with it and let it give you the benefits of regular exercise. Best of luck!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't like competitive sports. I find them dull to watch & play, and the spirit of competition does not sit well with me, nor does following the "rules". The opening sequence of Daria was totally me in HS (where she barely makes an effort while playing volleyball in PE). Basically, I just don't care enough about winning and mentally I'm off in la la land too much to be alert enough to really get into the game.

I have discovered that I really do enjoy working out. I LOVE yoga, and I like pilates and weight lifting. I also love to ride a bike, and I like to swim. Anything that allows me to daydream with headphones on or music in the background is my kind of physical activity. I find this kind of physical exercise very stress-relieving, depression-reducing, physically energizing, and confidence boosting.

I also have a desire of adventure and I think I could get into something like rock climbing (I enjoyed climbing trees as a kid & stuff like that). I guess I am just not one for "traditional" sports.
    yes I do enjoy running on with my headphones, favorite music, and at my own pace/for half an hour....i cant do the traditional hardcore one and a half work out that my friend is loving

also, in Volleyball.. I used to runaway from the ball. i can relate.

I feel a bit stress-relieved after working out... but not that amazing high everyone always talks about. I feel sorta happier, and like I really want to shower lol
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    gigi_xo, I can so identify with what you're saying.

I'd say that it's not that I hate exercise per se. Instead, I hate any activity that forces me to attend to details... especially details regarding my body. And, I feel a little out of the norm when compared to my ESxx friends who are so into their physical activities. And this makes sense because my inferior function is Si (Introverted Sensing) and Se (Extraverted Sensing) isn't even on my map.

When I have enjoyed physical activities such as hiking, mountain biking, cycling, and even golf, I approach it very differently from my S friends. I get into the idea of a sport. For example, after I saw the Legend of Bagger Vance (which is a retelling of a story from the Bhagavad Gita) I finally "got" golf. So NFs can "get sports" but on their own, big picture terms.

Finally, ENFPs and INFJs have a harder time of it than ENFJs and INFPs. With our dominant iNtuition, Sensing can be very underdeveloped.

However, if I'm into the idea about
    I think my sensing barely exists lol

and yes the details are hugeeee.

estp friend "Point each leg at a 90 degree angle- NO KEEP YOUR ANKLES STRAIGHT. Now bend down, back straight- DO NOT BEND YOUR BACK MISSY- alright now hold it for 5 and a half seconds"

and update on this awful experience: I could barely hardly almost sorta walk up the hill to my frikken dorm room today. yes, that sore.

stairs are not going to happen.
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

3w4

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    I think my sensing barely exists lol

and yes the details are hugeeee.

estp friend "Point each leg at a 90 degree angle- NO KEEP YOUR ANKLES STRAIGHT. Now bend down, back straight- DO NOT BEND YOUR BACK MISSY- alright now hold it for 5 and a half seconds"

and update on this awful experience: I could barely hardly almost sorta walk up the hill to my frikken dorm room today. yes, that sore.

stairs are not going to happen.

I'm sorry. I would have to tell her to tone down the drill sergeant act, because that just makes me want to tell someone to drop dead.

I'm not much for team sports. Except hockey. But working out makes me happy, to me, it's competing with myself.

MBTI
    ENFP

I LOVE sports. I play most sports, and play a lot of soccer, volleyball, hockey, baseball, and golf. I love football too, but only play it in the fall. I run three-four days a week and work out on top of that. I love the competitive fun of sports. There is a lot of strategy and skill involved.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    I LOVE sports. I play most sports, and play a lot of soccer, volleyball, hockey, baseball, and golf. I love football too, but only play it in the fall. I run three-four days a week and work out on top of that. I love the competitive fun of sports. There is a lot of strategy and skill involved.
    the enfp male im friends with is a rugby player.

maybe there's a divide vs. male & female?

do you find yourself more attracted to the competition, strategy & skill or the actual physicality of it all?

you're ruining my theory mister, we're supposed to have a weak si lol

3w4

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

yes, very much so. individual sports more than team sports, though. team sports make me a bit nervous, because i start worrying about letting others down.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I like dancing. And going for walks w/ my BFF, iPod. I usually find anything else kind of boring.