User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Oh cool. I live in Dover, which is a little over 20 minutes away from Madison. What's it like at that particular university?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by quietmusician View Post
    Oh cool. I live in Dover, which is a little over 20 minutes away from Madison. What's it like at that particular university?
    tis delightful. raining a lot. have 9am class in this silly rain. you like nj?

and why act estp?
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Your friend sounds like someone obsessed with athletics and you don't have to do what she does to be healthy.

I personally hate sports and I'm not a big fan of the gym, but I like walking, dancing, swimming, sometimes jogging, and I do an aerobics DVD pretty regularly these days. I really enjoy walking and swimming especially and neither seems like an ordeal to me. I also love riding a bicycle, though not competitively or anything. Sometimes doing aerobics or strength training can be a pain, but it's worth it to me.

Of course, if you weigh 100 lbs you probably aren't worried about your weight, and that may be why you lack motivation. I would suggest you at least find some moderate physical activity for your health like walking or riding a bicycle or something, though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I've lived here my whole life. I'm almost 24 now. And the way I see it is by acting ESTP I will have blended in with most of my peers. The guy friend's I had in the past were T's and girls were xSFx. In other words, it's just easier. But it can also be a good thing. I will have strengthened my S and T side.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Trying to be ESTP is what I meant by being angry btw

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

also, estp is the type of the fitness nazi whom killed me at the gym this evening with her work out regime reminiscent of death
    dont pretend to be herrr
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I forgot to answer the NJ question. Do I like it here? It's okay, but since I've been here for too long it's mundane. But it has it's moments.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

gigi_xo, I can so identify with what you're saying.

I'd say that it's not that I hate exercise per se. Instead, I hate any activity that forces me to attend to details... especially details regarding my body. And, I feel a little out of the norm when compared to my ESxx friends who are so into their physical activities. And this makes sense because my inferior function is Si (Introverted Sensing) and Se (Extraverted Sensing) isn't even on my map.

When I have enjoyed physical activities such as hiking, mountain biking, cycling, and even golf, I approach it very differently from my S friends. I get into the idea of a sport. For example, after I saw the Legend of Bagger Vance (which is a retelling of a story from the Bhagavad Gita) I finally "got" golf. So NFs can "get sports" but on their own, big picture terms.

Finally, ENFPs and INFJs have a harder time of it than ENFJs and INFPs. With our dominant iNtuition, Sensing can be very underdeveloped.
    Last edited by Esoteric Wench; 03-23-2010 at 11:18 AM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't like competitive sports. I find them dull to watch & play, and the spirit of competition does not sit well with me, nor does following the "rules". The opening sequence of Daria was totally me in HS (where she barely makes an effort while playing volleyball in PE). Basically, I just don't care enough about winning and mentally I'm off in la la land too much to be alert enough to really get into the game.

I have discovered that I really do enjoy working out. I LOVE yoga, and I like pilates and weight lifting. I also love to ride a bike, and I like to swim. Anything that allows me to daydream with headphones on or music in the background is my kind of physical activity. I find this kind of physical exercise very stress-relieving, depression-reducing, physically energizing, and confidence boosting.

I also have a desire of adventure and I think I could get into something like rock climbing (I enjoyed climbing trees as a kid & stuff like that). I guess I am just not one for "traditional" sports.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

OP. Yes.

And your friend the ESTP, needs to be told that you aren't as zealous about it as they are. And you're hurting yourself trying to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't like competitive sports. I find them dull to watch & play, and the spirit of competition does not sit well with me, nor does following the "rules". The opening sequence of Daria was totally me in HS (where she barely makes an effort while playing volleyball in PE). Basically, I just don't care enough about winning and mentally I'm off in la la land too much to be alert enough to really get into the game.

I have discovered that I really do enjoy working out. I LOVE yoga, and I like pilates and weight lifting. I also love to ride a bike, and I like to swim. Anything that allows me to daydream with headphones on or music in the background is my kind of physical activity. I find this kind of physical exercise very stress-relieving, depression-reducing, physically energizing, and confidence boosting.

I also have a desire of adventure and I think I could get into something like rock climbing (I enjoyed climbing trees as a kid & stuff like that). I guess I am just not one for "traditional" sports.

I'm more about competing with myself, OA. Team sports generally bore me. Except hockey.