User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: weak NFs

9 sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Interesting topic. I consider myself a relatively weak N. I think I am strongest on F, but I have more extroverted times when I can be E or very close…also, mostly I have considered myself a strong J but currently my life is in a state of flux and I think my P is stronger than it has been for that reason.

INFJ fits me by far the best of any of the 16 types. As far as having a weak N, though, I don’t relate at all to the NFs who say “oh, I’m practically psychic, I’ve never been wrong about anyone’s motivations.” I just find that arrogant and pretentious. I think a few times I have actually tested ISFJ, which might explain why I find certain NF preoccupations arrogant and pretentious.

I sometimes think that I have stronger intuition than I give myself credit for…but basically, what seems to happen a lot is that I get strong feelings about situations and people, but I have a hard time quantifying them or putting them into words. Sometimes I only figure out much later what those feelings were about…or I never do. Anyone else relate to that?

I was actually thinking of posting a thread about “practical NFs”…perhaps this is somewhat related. By “practical” I don’t necessarily mean good with bills and cooking, or whatever, but more having a practical streak in terms of romance and things like that. I mean, I love poetry (I think in my poetic sensibility I am very N) and romance etc but if people (particularly NFs) start going “oh, relationships are just about the spiritual communion of soulmates” or “I’m just such a tortured, misunderstood soul” I’m kind of like….blaaaaahhhhhh. Well, I would be understanding up to a point, but then I would want you to get over yourself a bit and think about real life. Even if I might have a hard time saying that to you.
    interesting insights! are NFs considered impractical? I don't mean that they can't enjoy great success, but it's interesting to use that word. My friend I would sometimes describe as "fanciful" (thinking way too far ahead and getting excited about it) but if you bring him down to reality he will be practical enough about the present.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

My I and N are rather extreme, but my P/J borderline. The F/T bit just doesn't make much sense to me. Feeling for me is a perceiving function (although I realize that isn't how MBTI works). I naturally absorb a lot of information about Feeling-related information, but tend to make decisions using rational processes. I'm not sure what that makes me. I prefer to type as an F based on social dynamic reasons in online contexts, so it would take a lot to have me not type as an NF. I am concerned about people's feelings and subjective information because it is a relevant and important part of reality. Tunnel vision is a significant problem regardless of how you look at it - with fragmented rationality, gut feelings, or some other approach. Holistic approaches seem to lean in the direction of F, and so that is what I identify with.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Introversion score is usually really high, my intuition score is usually within the 90% to 100% range- if not 100%. My F scores are also kind of high. My J scores are really low, usually 1% to 10%- almost borderline. I also identify with INFP profiles quite a large amount in addition to the INFJ profiles. In fact am still kind of unsure of my type, but I am pretty sure that it is INFX. Even thought their validity is questionable, my " order" obtained by cognitive function tests typically is:

With Ni,Fi,Ti and Fe being really close Ne not falling to far behind
    The MBTI is a tool to help you on your self discovery. It nor any other the label can ever hope to describe you, because you are are unique and special, we all are. Any comments made regarding a group of people should be considered to be general and not ubiquitous; and no one should lose of sight of that. . Do not stereotype other people or yourself for that matter, but generalise if you must when a general example or pattern is required. And if you took the time to read this thank you

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar

I score highest in Ne.

Second to that I score almost as high on my Fi.

Then I score high on Ni and Fe.

The other functions I think I score average, or below average.

So, I'm definitely an NF, that's for sure.

When I read the thread title I thought you were gonna discuss something entirely different.

My friend keeps on telling me I am a dominant person.

But, I feel very weak, sensitive and vulnerable, a lot of the time. :blushing:
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

You know, there are a lot of NF's here talking about their scores but really my insight is the most important :P (I'm a real-deal ENFJ.)

I'm moderate E (~55)
    Decent N (~72)
    Decent F (~72)
    and Moderate J (~61)

Through the development of my tertiary function, I've easily become less J over time or at least I test less. I don't think it's odd at all that he tested as, basically, EXFJ. Our functions go: Fe, Ni, Se, Ti. If he's started to mature like me and develop that Se, the second letter position would be where I'd expect an X for his type.

Having Se is fun, btw. I get to eat stuff, listen to music, have sex, smell flowers, etc. and I become ever-so-slightly more mature the more I do those things.

Welp, that's me in a nutshell. Welcome to the forums Hilo. It's good to see that INTP women (?) take some interest in us ENFJ guys, whatever kind that may be.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

I end up testing borderline J/P because I actually plan and organize and keep file folders. The last thing I took had me as 4% P because of that

Edit: just took another one again and got 8% J.. whoops

I mean, I think it's safe to say that types can be treated like fuzzy sets, that you might identify with parts of descriptions that correspond with other types whose trait dichotomies you border.

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    theoretical physics
    Ah, well, that's something which would appeal to iNtuitives. Less to do with the T/F divide, IMO.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

I think introversion/extraversion scores are more likely to be in the middle. I think IRL, most people are clearly introverted to moderately expressed extraverted. Clear extraverts - who fit the bill for typology as well as street legal 'extraverts' - are rather rare and cluster in certain social venues and career tracks.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

almost half a doctor Array phoenix13's Avatar

The strength of the percentages are not very meaningful, and I definitely wouldn't draw any conclusions from them. The tests are made to fit YOU, and not the other way around. So, if you're "weak" in a category, it is more a reflection of the inadequacy of the test or theory than evidence of something being weird with the people in that category. Perhaps Ne/i Fe/i are somehow harder to tie to behaviors or beliefs that can be tested (so you end up with a flawed test that yields "weak" results).

Also, for the record, I score way high on N and P, fairly low on E, and extremely low on F (these tests often test for Fe and not much Fi which makes my F score lower than it should be).

That's my name biotch! Array JoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Clear extraverts - who fit the bill for typology as well as street legal 'extraverts' - are rather rare and cluster in certain social venues and career tracks.
    Like what, in your opinion? Just out of curiousity?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%