User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Default do you distant yourself from people who have seen you naked?

Not physically. Emotionally. In a deeply vulnerable and/or pathetic way.

I find myself hiding a bit from people who knows a bit too much about me. I am ashamed of my weak traits. For the past few years, I maximize the negative traits that I find more acceptable, such as behaving spoiled and irresponsible and impractical but completely hide the truly weak spots that I struggle with on a daily basis. Such as being too emotional...at times. And not trusting of others. And feeling incompetent. Maybe that's human. Is that true of other types like the NTs and STs? What weak traits do you all hide? And what negative traits do you exploit?

heart on fire

Well, it's complex. If I like or admire someone there grows the fear that once they know me, they are bored or bothered by me and I'll withdraw because I hate to feel like I am being invasive or a bother to anyone. That causes me problems. Maybe I've even hurt others through this, I am not sure.

I am not so bothered that they have come to know me in a 'now they know my weakness way' it is more a fear of not being worthy once they do come to know me. I always carry this internal image of being too invasive and being that person that everyone cringes when they think of them. I don't want to be that person. But a lot of this comes from my childhood.

ironically I am driven to show myself as close to truth as I can, so this can happen rather quickly.

MBTI
    ISTP

Sometimes, you think see things there that really aren't there.

ReflecTcelfeR

Personally, I make it a rule never to hide any weakness. Most would consider this unwise, but I feel that even a hint of me lying to them about myself isn't good for the relationship (whether me and that person have one or are just learning about each other) and this has some EXTREME downfalls, but I usually go with a "I hope this is the best approach" and leave it at that. Most don't feel comfortable with that, but it was how I was raised and so BAM that's how I am...... of course I'm only 19.... that makes a giant difference as well.

This probably doesn't answer much, but that's my two cents.

Boy, I'm dense. It took me a few minutes to realize you weren't talking about actually being naked..

Hiding weak traits.. I try to use them to my advantage sometimes.. or make a joke about them.. but even I have a few things I find incredibly hard to talk about. Or I'm embarassed if someone has seen. So it's true of this SP at least.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Well, it's complex. If I like or admire someone there grows the fear that once they know me, they are bored or bothered by me and I'll withdraw because I hate to feel like I am being invasive or a bother to anyone. That causes me problems.

I am not so bothered that they have come to know me in a 'now they know my weakness way' it is more a fear of not being worthy once they do come to know me. I always carry this internal image of being too invasive and being that person that everyone cringes when they think of them. I don't want to be that person. But a lot of this comes from my childhood.

ironically I am driven to show myself as close to truth as I can, so this can happen rather quickly.
    Oh gah. THIS!!! Exactly like this. I don't try to hide my weaknesses but I can run away faster than...people who run fast. Both emotionally and physically.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Good question. I don't know. I've been living with friends for so long that I think they know my weak spots by now. We don't talk about them, though... it is more like everyone accepts the others if it doesn't get out of hand.

But when I was alone, I did try to keep my weaknesses to myself. It doesn't do much good. People don't relate well to someone hiding something.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

there are only 3 people that KNOW me and they are the closest people that I have. My boyfriend, my best friend, and my mom.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Weak traits that I hide? I don't. I'm like an open book. I don't really like having to feel like I have to hide something about myself. I may be stubborn at times, especially when it pertains to what I value I guess. If I'm told to do something I refuse, then I basically revolt (I'm talking about when I'm asked to do something that can ex- crush someone). I walk away. Or if I'm asked to 'conform' 'just Because?'- that leaves a sour taste in my mouth, so I guess that's my weak point, and it's apparent? It's also a strength, because I get to define what I do and don't want in my life.. That's freeing and feels great in itself.

I think life's a bit easier if we can just be ourselves.. then again, it also depends on the time and place. In a professional setting- I know to keep it professional- hence, I avoid the corporate world/offices, in general.

In terms of keeping a distance? I keep more of a distance from people I don't feel comfy with. If I'm exposing some of my deepest stories with someone, something that I wouldn't share with most people? I tend to grow a closer bond with them. Hence, why choose my closest friends selectively.

ReflecTcelfeR

^ agreed.