User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

The weak spots I think I'm hiding are probably possibly maybe really obvious to others.

They may even see them as strengths.

Hmmm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I'm a bit complicated in this realm.
    Usually, i open up in public journals/blogs that my friends and family can read. It all has depth, conveying issues i have with myself and why those issues exist. My experiences and emotions are all laid out on the table, but indirectly.

I'll openly discuss almost any topic with anyone, but i will detach the emotions from it if i see them frequently or if we are face to face. Every weakness i have will still be discussed, yet they won't be given a display of how it affects me unless i deeply trust or connect with them.

I know pretty early on if i can connect with someone enough to be emotionally vulnerable to them or not. It's not really a choice, but if i can't then a wall goes up in my subconscious when it comes to that person.
    The people i can connect with have a lot of access to my emotions and i keep them close until they give me a reason to feel threatened. I get defensive and will impulsively think to reject them.
    If i'm dating someone, i'll think "Maybe it should end now. Spare myself." If someone plans to visit, i'll think "You should just stay where you are." I rarely say those things, but they are present, even if i take the opposite route.

The only time i distance from someone is if i've known i can't open up to them and a circumstance allows me to. Ex: If i'm intoxicated or they catch me at a low point when i can't collect myself. After i'm back to normal, i'll close off from that person again and worry about the display of a kind of weakness i only show certain people.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Oh gah. THIS!!! Exactly like this. I don't try to hide my weaknesses but I can run away faster than...people who run fast. Both emotionally and physically.
    Make that 3.
    I am severely embarassed if I open up to someone, usually in a spur of the moment thing, and see them going
    I just wanna run. And I'll always try to pace it if I have the chance (emotional overenthusiasm aside), and I'll only open up if I feel they're able to take it and they've done the same with me.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Oh, I almost totally went for the physical...Not at all, nudity just is what it is-funny though I guess many women are self conscious of nudity but heh, if you got me naked, you know what you are looking at already, so enjoy.

Emotional vulnerability. Very, very few people see what I really feel. My toddler, my entp best friend-but no words, just facial expressions, and one other person are the people I have openly shared what I "feel" moment to moment with.

For some reason this paralyzes me. To tell someone what I am actually feeling seems like a horrific weakness. To show them my weaknesses, my flaws, yeh, bad, bad stuff. And yes, if I get hurt I will hide very intently and never let them see how I feel again.

My other flaws-I actually welcome critical critique of my ideas, my failings as I can then develop a plan to resolve them. A very Te sort of mindset. Accountability is everything for me.

But yeah I am horribly humiliated when I get emotional in any way and I am aboslutely mortified if I share or express that emo in a way other people can see-so then I avoid them.

That's part of the nice thing here honestly-I can express emotions, look emo-nutty, yet make a very concerted choice to not retreat and thus learn more about why I responded the way I did. But I still feel really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I'm a bit complicated in this realm.
    Usually, i open up in public journals/blogs that my friends and family can read. It all has depth, conveying issues i have with myself and why those issues exist. My experiences and emotions are all laid out on the table, but indirectly.
    OMG, this gives makes me feel really anxious and a bit nauseated just reading it. chills......

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Not physically. Emotionally. In a deeply vulnerable and/or pathetic way.
    Short answer, no.

Long answer, if I am honest with myself, it's never really happened. With myself, and this is a bad thing that I am currently working on, I have never opened up to the point that would cause me great discomfort, or enough to run away from. Which is pathetic in its own way. I have never shown any one person all (or even most) of the different sides of who I am. I've noticed that I split myself up amongst different people. Not romantically, just in general.

*sigh* Life, for me, is just about learning.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't think anyone sees all the different sides of me, but that doesn't completely bother me, other than the occasional tendancy to hide what I think will disappoint or repel others whose opinions matter too much to me. I think I'm careful enough initially in assessing that I have rarely ever regretted sharing too much with someone once I have gone for it. If anything, I need to be more assured in sharing parts of myself if others don't think to ask about them. What I feel is a lack of sincere interest in understanding me the way I'd like to understand them is actually often more them trying not to be too intrusive. I have a tendancy to hold back too much, particularly if it is something where I can't predict the other person's reaction. Most of my holding back is taking preventative measures rather than having regrets after the fact. As I've gotten older, I've gotten more comfortable in my own skin, but have a ways to go yet.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

lol @ thread title

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I already assume most people see the bad traits, it's the good traits people find as they get to know me. Or is it that the people who see the bad traits as good are the ones who get to know me?

Quote Originally Posted by decided View Post
    The weak spots I think I'm hiding are probably possibly maybe really obvious to others.

They may even see them as strengths.

Hmmm...
    This quote and OP are helping me understand the "private" thing or the "hiding myself" thing a little more. Feeling that you are controlling what other people see of you, whereas I think people see things they probably don't.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    OMG, this gives makes me feel really anxious and a bit nauseated just reading it. chills......
    I'm here to make your spine tingle with displeasure.

It's really not that bad. I've been journaling my life for 10 years with little issue. For a lot of people, that is absolutely insane.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance