• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Another Thread About Confusion

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I don't really know where else to turn. I have taken the Myer-Briggs test countless times and I am barely a F and an J. I am lost on how to discern what I use more. I don't know if any of you can help and I know I have posted a thread like this before, but I'm slightly irritated by not being definitive in one area. I suppose some may be happy with being able to be called versatile, but I just find it annoying.

I would greatly appreciate any help... I've been told what Fi and Fe and on and on are quite a few times but I get lost in the descriptions. So I would appreciate being told with slightly simpler terms.

I don't mean to be a burden, but I'm just kind of fed up with being lost... perhaps that's a journey I have to take on my own eventually, but I need a place to start.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
im barely an E and P. I notice slightly greater E when I'm like in a drinking and going out stage of my life and I take the test, and I notice slightly less P when I am like in "organize my life and get stuff accomplished" mode.

maybe u should make this thread with a different title? Like "Whats Fe and Fi?"

I kind of get confused too, and I been here for like... over a year. I should be ashamed of myself... =(

R

ReflecTcelfeR

You don't have to be ashamed. I think the hardest step to self-discovery is actually telling yourself you are going to do it. We'll figure it out one of these days... hopefully, hahaha. Though I do enjoy certainty I understand that systems like these have flaws and so I'm trying to figure out how to get past them.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't really know where else to turn.

Perhaps you should have turned to the "What's My Type?" subforum, for starters.

Second, it's really useless to obsess about what category you fit into under some arbitrary test. That frustration is based on the assumption that people's functions are digital rather than analog, as if people come presorted as F or T, J or P. That's a fallacy, and the more you think about it, the more you'll see it. Getting frustrated about not knowing what type you are is tantamount to getting frustrated because you can't classify yourself as a pure Republican or Democrat because some of your views don't coincide with the mainstream views. There are a ton of people here, myself included, who don't fall neatly into a single type. Such is the nature of type theories.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

You're right. I suppose I got a little too 'excited/irritated' I constantly have to remind myself that this test isn't suppose to sort me. And now that I REALLY think about it I don't think it bothers me that much. Thank you for reminding of that.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

All my threads end up being easily answered. I need to find a less shallow question to ask.