• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and walking habits

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I walk with long strides with my head up and try to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible.

My ISTJ friend and I had a conversation about this a few times. In large groups her and I were always in the front having our own conversation and then after a few minutes of that, we'd realize that the next pair was a quarter mile behind us! If we started in the back we ended up in the front very quickly, even for leisurely strolls on the beach with friends or a hike.

Curious_Kitty

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm really glad I found this thread. Because, honestly I was wondering if MBTI had anything to do with walking habits. I'm INFP, and a lot of people tell me I walk slow, or go every which way randomly. It really gets on my nerves after awhile, because I don't notice that I am, and when I walk I think I am going at a good pace. That, and people think I am being an asshole on purpose or something because I 'walk slow'. One of my friends told me this in the store...but then again she's always in a hurry, and that gets on my nerves too. But on that note, I talked to one of my INFP friends online, and he said people tell him he walks slow too.

I have an ENFJ friend (I love her to death) but she walks so exuberant sometimes, lol. It's quite entertaining. Someone told her she walked like a gay man...Before that, I didn't know gay men had 'a walk'. XD

Curious_Kitty

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Wow, reading more of the comments, I guess I really am more of an outcast, even with other INFP's. :p A lot of you are saying you walk rather on the fast side. I think some of my problem may be looking at too many things. On the flip side, a lot are saying ENFJ's walk slow, but hmm. At one point I did consider myself being an ENFP also, but borderline E...then finally decided back to INFP. I'm sure that walking speeds is defintely not the deciding factor of that, but it does strike me odd while reading this...

Biancaaa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Idk
The other day I stumbled upon an article called "How to Recognize an INFJ". I thought this line was particularly interesting:

An INFJ walks erect and with purpose and they appear to be focused on where they are going.

I've been told this is how I walk, and now I am very aware of it. Long strides, erect posture, determined, and brisk. My INFJ friend walks like this as well. But I have a few of INFP friends, and they all walk slower than me, and they tend to walk diagonally and make spontaneous turns and stops. When I go shopping with them, it's like playing bumper cars. (Don't get me wrong � it's endearing, not irritating. Hopefully they feel the same way about my walking style!)

Does anyone else see a pattern in mbti and walking habits? What about ENFs?

I walk pretty slow but I talk fast. Also, I usually make a weird, cold-ish face expression when I walk. A weird, self aware, cold-ish AWESOME face, that is. xD

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WTF are "walking habits?"

:rofl1:

I walk fast. Really fast. It hasn't reached Coke Addict speed yet. It's more like Naomi Campbell on the Catwalk fast. My friends even tease me about how much they hate to go window shopping with me because I move too quickly and simply do not understand how to walk leisurely. I can't help that I have long legs. It feels unnatural for me to walk any slower than I have to. *pout*

Haven't read the whole thread, but I am like this too. (so is my INTP husband luckily)
I've always walked really fast, long strides. My friends never keep up, I really hate walking slower, it's very aggravating. Something about the long strides is soothing. Puts me into this nice daydreamy state of mind.
Sometimes it feels like I'm on one of those flat escalator things like at airports (do these have a name?). The whole world is zooming by, walking faster than everyone else makes me feel more separate perhaps?
It's annoying in the mall though, necessitates a lot of weaving.

I love going on long walks with my INTP, walking super fast, paying no attention to where we are, just talking and talking and talking and talking.

Oh yea and I always wear sunglasses. Makes me feel invisible :laugh:

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm...I like walking (mine are short quick steps.) But if I have to choose, I would like a dashing superhero to sweep me off my feet and carry me off into the sunset. I'm just sayin.'

purple tuesday

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I have somewhere to be that i can't be late for i walk pretty fast. When i was little i would walk super high speed to get a good seat on the bus! :) If I don't have a time limit i walk slow, and when I'm with friends i accidentally sway into them! My sister understands that this is normal for me, but my friends always ask if I'm okay. :p I notice that I'm also pretty clumsy. When walking around walls, through doors, or past other obstacles my sides or arms usually hit them. I'm not fat, i'm just not paying attention. Also, I usually look at the ground when walking alone so as not to trip, and also it just helps me think. When I'm walking with someone I'm paying attention to them and therefore run into and trip over many things. Another thing: my sister has told me that in stores i move around unnecessarily, making spontaneous turns and backtracks.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I walk with purpose when I have a purpose for walking, and I don't when I don't.

I can totally pull off the slow meandering stroll when I'm not walking to go anywhere in particular.

Also if I have a long way to go and all the time to get there (several miles or more) I tend to shuffle a bit more slowly to conserve energy.

unityemissions

MBTI Type
INFP
I walk stupid fast. Besides that, it all really depends. If there's not that much going on internally, I'll be focused on the straightest path. If I'm clusterfucked, then you'll see a ton of quirky moves, zig zagging on the fly, and what not.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I walk pretty fast, depending on where I'm rushing to get to (school, avoiding smokers/chain smokers- gives me a headache).

same, (i also avoid gas of cars and high decibel/pitch sounds from vehicles) ive also lately started to prefer sprinting over walking as i have, finally for the first time in my life no bike to depend on.

im considering getting kangoo jumps for higher mobility + to spare my ankles. (have some ankle problems in right ankle due jumping from heights too high.)

and when i walk, my attention is in being energy efficient while stretching it as much as allowed in favour of speed as my technique develops.

at times however, i find it fun to tune in on absorbing feelings of others and sending unconscious image to others, its fun how people react to unconscious communication! =]

+ i sometimes stop to look where the hell i am, until the person im following mentions im not coming with them.

its just like in games, if i press the "follow" button.. just like in games, it happens automatically unless intervened with.

i also like to walk balancing on the edge of walking street things.

and i avoid stepping on shadows, ready to walk a long path if necessary.

i create patterns of walking a few steps short and then long ones etc.

ok, maybe the two lines above this one are lies. the other before however, are real.

i have my own stretching thing which is akin to tai chi/qigong yet 100% original to which, i spontaneously combust into performing only to confuse fellow walkers.
i also for the fun of it, make a scarf thing look like a turban on my head, getting "terrorist!!?" looks at myself.
and at other times, i dress like modern version of wild west, a stetsone, scarf covering mouth and all.
and the sensors think im being brave and deary by taking barriers down by doing so, if only they knew those barriers dont exist in my reality.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i walk fast, because i always have a feeling that im late for something or that theres something i should be doing (even if its not the case). i've been told that i make small jumps when i walk, as if i'm walking positively, and i've also been told that i walk with "courage" or "swagger" (!?). besides that, i tend to look to the floor, or around to stuff that i notice, and this also causes me to bump on things that i didn't see and so on. i also might multitask...if i'm walking i might be checking my phone, or changing the music on my iPod, or even reading, or if not i'm daydreaming, all of which contributes to more random bumping lol.

scienceresearcher

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have bad posture about 65% of the time. I slouch forward.. I do walk with intent and usually fast.

Q

Qatie:)

if im in a rush, i walk really fast and usually bump into people \_(",)_/ whoops
but if that isn't the case i usually walk on my tip toes

the female enfps i know do the same
im not going to lie it kinnda looks like a bunny haha

abosely

MBTI Type
INFJ
Interesting thread.
I walk fast & as if I have a purpose, even when just "walking along".

Cheers, Allen

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
WTF are "walking habits?"

:rofl1:

I walk fast. Really fast. It hasn't reached Coke Addict speed yet. It's more like Naomi Campbell on the Catwalk fast. My friends even tease me about how much they hate to go window shopping with me because I move too quickly and simply do not understand how to walk leisurely. I can't help that I have long legs. It feels unnatural for me to walk any slower than I have to. *pout*

I've also developed a bad habit of looking at my foot when I walk sometimes. When I was younger, I was terribly clumsy and would trip over books and clothing and people even, so now I look down a lot to make sure there's nothing in my path. Plus, I tend to daydream and forget where I am, so I assumed it'd be best not to look at people while I'm zoning out :D They'd be confused at why I'm staring at them for so long.

I am like that, too!

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah interesting, i often people watch from my window. Plenty of foot traffic at specific times as i live on the same street as a tube station. I have observed pattern before and at some point or other tried to decipher types by their stride/attitude/awareness etc.

For myself i tend to have a variety of walks. I have a prideful walk when i have my nose slightly in the air, shoulders upright and a good pace. I also have a 'purposeful' walk, i have been stopped before (think i mentioned this on vent sometime) and told i walk with 'purpose'. On the flip side i have a meandering daydreamy walk too, which is often slow and i do not notice a great deal around me.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I stay somewhat………………………dreamy………

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm all over the place I think... probably most commonly zipping around pretty quick point A to point B style.... though there is a more stumbley around/not paying attention side sometimes too and people start to ask me if I'm limping. :mad: actually maybe I do that more than I think and don't remember because i'm not paying attention.... similar to my driving habits I guess, a bit erratic. Depends on the situation, too.

ameeker

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I walk fast and with purpose too! I never knew that was related to my personality. However, my dad's an INTJ, and he always outpaces me.