• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and walking habits

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My gait is rather odd, I've noticed. I take short strides relative to the length of my legs, but very quickly. I don't like the feeling of people looking at me, nor of having the appearance of being lost (which, admittedly, I am more often than not.) I walk on the balls of my feet, as my achilles tendons are really tight for some reason, and if I walk more slowly, this causes me to look like I'm bouncing. I never know what to do with my arms/hands, so they're either in my pockets, or wrapped around my body somehow. My head is usually down or glued in front of me in order to avoid eye contact. I have a tendency to slump over slightly and sort of lead with my forehead, but can walk confidently and erect where the situation warrants it (e.g., job.)

When I was young, I abhorred shoes and socks of any kind and walked on my toe knuckles...everywhere...much to the dismay of my mother, who'd have loved nothing more than to pass on her shoe fetish to her firstborn daughter. Sorry, Ma. :D

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I was never really aware that I took long strides like my much taller father until my mother mentioned it. I also tend to walk slowly despite the long strides because I am short and am constantly looking at crap and peoples' faces. And tripping over things that aren't there.

I am always late. And I don't pick up my feet a lot of times.

My gait is rather odd, I've noticed. I take short strides relative to the length of my legs, but very quickly. I don't like the feeling of people looking at me, nor of having the appearance of being lost (which, admittedly, I am more often than not.) I walk on the balls of my feet, as my achilles tendons are really tight for some reason, and if I walk more slowly, this causes me to look like I'm bouncing. I never know what to do with my arms/hands, so they're either in my pockets, or wrapped around my body somehow. My head is usually down or glued in front of me in order to avoid eye contact. I have a tendency to slump over slightly and sort of lead with my forehead, but can walk confidently and erect where the situation warrants it (e.g., job.)

When I was young, I abhorred shoes and socks of any kind and walked on my toe knuckles...everywhere...much to the dismay of my mother, who'd have loved nothing more than to pass on her shoe fetish to her firstborn daughter. Sorry, Ma. :D

I always look lost and usually am lost. I used to walk quickly to keep up appearances but it's such a part of me I can't hide it so I stopped trying, too much effort.

I hate socks that do that too! I go everywhere barefoot if I can and I have "tough" feet. But I walk on the lateral sides of my feet if the floor is cold.

self_aware

MBTI Type
infp
I walk kind of medium fast. I will suddenly veer off in various directions, but will never bump into anyone else ever, primarily because I don't like to be touched in public, i'll even flinch a bit if a stranger touches me, that is an issue unto itself.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I walk with purpose for sure, walking is an exercise of motion to get me to where I need to be. If I could teleport there it would be better, but since I cant I try to minimize time/effort by going exactly the way I should by taking the fastest and most efficient route.

My girlfriend is an ENFJ, she drives me NUTS because she walks SO DAMNED SLOW! In the airport recently for example, I got all the heavy bags and I still outpace her, im constantly saying things like, "Geez you got really long legs and I got short legs, why am I walking faster then you?" She just kind of goes at a slower pace like a get there when we get there kind of thing, and I am much more like, if we walk faster we can beat the lines, get our car quicker then everyone else getting off the plane and get 1st choice on the convertibles and get to the diner quicker and get seated 1st... shes more like, oooh the airport looks so pretty... uggggghhhh.

Oddity

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
That statement is pretty true for me. I walk quickly, with long strides, and with my head always up. Though my head is up, it doesn't mean I notice anything going on around me. I'm sort of in my own little world while walking.

Oddity

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I walk with purpose for sure, walking is an exercise of motion to get me to where I need to be. If I could teleport there it would be better, but since I cant I try to minimize time/effort by going exactly the way I should by taking the fastest and most efficient route.

My girlfriend is an ENFJ, she drives me NUTS because she walks SO DAMNED SLOW! In the airport recently for example, I got all the heavy bags and I still outpace her, im constantly saying things like, "Geez you got really long legs and I got short legs, why am I walking faster then you?" She just kind of goes at a slower pace like a get there when we get there kind of thing, and I am much more like, if we walk faster we can beat the lines, get our car quicker then everyone else getting off the plane and get 1st choice on the convertibles and get to the diner quicker and get seated 1st... shes more like, oooh the airport looks so pretty... uggggghhhh.

Oh my gosh. I know this all too well. My mother is an ENFJ, and she walks super slowly. I want to walk fast and get to where we're going, and I'm always having to slow down and wait for her. I agree with the teleporting comment too. If I could teleport anywhere, I would.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
it all depends on what's there too look. and
what shoes i'm wearing. i can walk fast if i
need to get somewhere at a particular time.

but if i'm just strollin' i'll stroll. i like wandering.
looking at stuff tied to fire hydrants/mailboxes/poles
and stickers on windows and graffiti. looking at
people when they don't know it. sometimes i
think i move to fast, and wish i could have
captured a picture.

so many missed foto moments, but that's also
cool in itself. little things. i like that about
walking.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Wha, NF's walk...I walk randomly.

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
The other day I stumbled upon an article called "How to Recognize an INFJ". I thought this line was particularly interesting:

An INFJ walks erect and with purpose and they appear to be focused on where they are going.

I've been told this is how I walk, and now I am very aware of it. Long strides, erect posture, determined, and brisk.

I'm an ENFJ and this is exactly how I walk! Erect posture, long strides, brisk, always look straight ahead and try to walk in a straight line :)

Razvan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9v8
I'm an ENFJ and this is exactly how I walk! Erect posture, long strides, brisk, always look straight ahead and try to walk in a straight line :)

Always look straight ahead, huh? And if there ever should be the slightest of holes in the ground, or anything that might trip you, Ethelred will be Unready adn fall right into his/her nose. ;)

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Always look straight ahead, huh? And if there ever should be the slightest of holes in the ground, or anything that might trip you, Ethelred will be Unready adn fall right into his/her nose. ;)

How did you know?!:shock:

Actually, it happens quite a lot - tripping I mean - but I haven't fallen on my nose...yet :newwink:

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
I barely notice the pole that I'm about to walk into...

It's erratic, many small steps, and bouncy. Classic ENFP. Don't let my sarcasm confuse you.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Lots and lots of habits.

If I am in a hurry, or just have a goal to reach; I'll walk with determination.
If I'm on my own and there's few people around and no hurry/have to wait; There'll be funny walks.
If I'm with lots of unknown people (pedestrians, 'cause I'd not notice the cars until it was too late, and everyone knows that they are monsters that eat people anyway so it's not really people inside. It's goo.) and unsure on what to do; I'll be like flubber but with less of a bounce.

I might run around and shoot down invisible airplanes from the sky with my hands close to my jaws and, y'know, do "AT-AT" style of shooting.

I walk slowly but also rapidly. Sometimes with finesse but most often I trip without hitting the ground. I don't always keep track of my feet and yet I get annoyed by others that move into me. I've made sure not to move into people etc. because I would do so otherwise a lot.

Sometimes I pull my feet behind me and I look like a junkie. Sometimes I'm clearly edged like a knife. But most of the time, when I have to go to school: I look just like anyone else on a journey far far away that will most likely hurt and bring no treasures, unhappy, unsatisfied and clearly out of place.

vinndi

MBTI Type
INFP
I walk as if I cannot be knocked down, as if I cannot get to my destination fast enough, and I walk as if I have a purpose.

woodpeace

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
Mostly I walk fast, with sometimes bursts of running.

Mysterious15

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
:) Interesting, walking habits having a connection with types..... I wonder who made proposed this first :D
Well I for one do walk straight, with a purpose, and fast too as I am constantly telling my friends to hurry up....^^ maybe its something completely coincidental but then again there might just be a link. Most of the time my family thinks I don't pay attention and they are like always telling me to stop before crossing a street. But I do pay attention, its just that on the street with so many people I like keeping my head down, and hear the cars instead of seeing them. But when I am walking just for pleasure I usually stare straight ahead and take in the scenery, (I walk past one thing several times so its ok if I am a bit fast on these trips) :)

Mysterious15

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
ignore the made in the first line please, I can be such an idiot sometimes...:D

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I walk medium speed unless I'm late... long strides. i often wind up slowing down to look at something though. If I'm talking to someone I usually walk much slower. I look up a lot, I almost never walk in a straight line.

S

SingSmileShine

Long strides, erect posture, determined, and brisk.

Hello, there!

I'm an ENFP, but you still could have stolen those words from my mouth.

I am a quick walker with long strides - I think it goes along with my restlessness. I always have to feel like I have somewhere to go, even if I don't. I have a very arched back and a confident gait when I walk. A couple of friends always say I walk like I'm trying to be a supermodel on a runway.

I can relate to the determination in my walk - looking everyone in the eye, keeping my head up (albeit in the clouds). Always moving my arms meaningfully. The only thing I, as an ENFP, can't relate to as well is the straightforward (literally) way you seem to say you walk in. I haven't ever experienced the sensation of walking without bumping into something-or-other (wet cement included...that's always a fun party story!)

So, in general, I'm like you except a bit more air-headed and diagonal. I'll be so focused on my confident walk and greeting everyone I see and being all hey-world-it's-moi that I'll plop into something. Like wet cement.