User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

My gait is rather odd, I've noticed. I take short strides relative to the length of my legs, but very quickly. I don't like the feeling of people looking at me, nor of having the appearance of being lost (which, admittedly, I am more often than not.) I walk on the balls of my feet, as my achilles tendons are really tight for some reason, and if I walk more slowly, this causes me to look like I'm bouncing. I never know what to do with my arms/hands, so they're either in my pockets, or wrapped around my body somehow. My head is usually down or glued in front of me in order to avoid eye contact. I have a tendency to slump over slightly and sort of lead with my forehead, but can walk confidently and erect where the situation warrants it (e.g., job.)

When I was young, I abhorred shoes and socks of any kind and walked on my toe knuckles...everywhere...much to the dismay of my mother, who'd have loved nothing more than to pass on her shoe fetish to her firstborn daughter. Sorry, Ma.

MBTI
    ENFP

I was never really aware that I took long strides like my much taller father until my mother mentioned it. I also tend to walk slowly despite the long strides because I am short and am constantly looking at crap and peoples' faces. And tripping over things that aren't there.

I am always late. And I don't pick up my feet a lot of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    My gait is rather odd, I've noticed. I take short strides relative to the length of my legs, but very quickly. I don't like the feeling of people looking at me, nor of having the appearance of being lost (which, admittedly, I am more often than not.) I walk on the balls of my feet, as my achilles tendons are really tight for some reason, and if I walk more slowly, this causes me to look like I'm bouncing. I never know what to do with my arms/hands, so they're either in my pockets, or wrapped around my body somehow. My head is usually down or glued in front of me in order to avoid eye contact. I have a tendency to slump over slightly and sort of lead with my forehead, but can walk confidently and erect where the situation warrants it (e.g., job.)

When I was young, I abhorred shoes and socks of any kind and walked on my toe knuckles...everywhere...much to the dismay of my mother, who'd have loved nothing more than to pass on her shoe fetish to her firstborn daughter. Sorry, Ma.
    I always look lost and usually am lost. I used to walk quickly to keep up appearances but it's such a part of me I can't hide it so I stopped trying, too much effort.

I hate socks that do that too! I go everywhere barefoot if I can and I have "tough" feet. But I walk on the lateral sides of my feet if the floor is cold.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    infp

I walk kind of medium fast. I will suddenly veer off in various directions, but will never bump into anyone else ever, primarily because I don't like to be touched in public, i'll even flinch a bit if a stranger touches me, that is an issue unto itself.

MBTI
    INFJ

I walk with purpose for sure, walking is an exercise of motion to get me to where I need to be. If I could teleport there it would be better, but since I cant I try to minimize time/effort by going exactly the way I should by taking the fastest and most efficient route.

My girlfriend is an ENFJ, she drives me NUTS because she walks SO DAMNED SLOW! In the airport recently for example, I got all the heavy bags and I still outpace her, im constantly saying things like, "Geez you got really long legs and I got short legs, why am I walking faster then you?" She just kind of goes at a slower pace like a get there when we get there kind of thing, and I am much more like, if we walk faster we can beat the lines, get our car quicker then everyone else getting off the plane and get 1st choice on the convertibles and get to the diner quicker and get seated 1st... shes more like, oooh the airport looks so pretty... uggggghhhh.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

That statement is pretty true for me. I walk quickly, with long strides, and with my head always up. Though my head is up, it doesn't mean I notice anything going on around me. I'm sort of in my own little world while walking.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I walk with purpose for sure, walking is an exercise of motion to get me to where I need to be. If I could teleport there it would be better, but since I cant I try to minimize time/effort by going exactly the way I should by taking the fastest and most efficient route.

My girlfriend is an ENFJ, she drives me NUTS because she walks SO DAMNED SLOW! In the airport recently for example, I got all the heavy bags and I still outpace her, im constantly saying things like, "Geez you got really long legs and I got short legs, why am I walking faster then you?" She just kind of goes at a slower pace like a get there when we get there kind of thing, and I am much more like, if we walk faster we can beat the lines, get our car quicker then everyone else getting off the plane and get 1st choice on the convertibles and get to the diner quicker and get seated 1st... shes more like, oooh the airport looks so pretty... uggggghhhh.
    Oh my gosh. I know this all too well. My mother is an ENFJ, and she walks super slowly. I want to walk fast and get to where we're going, and I'm always having to slow down and wait for her. I agree with the teleporting comment too. If I could teleport anywhere, I would.

MBTI
    INFP

VERY FAST! I often have to stop and wait for my companions to catch up with me!

it all depends on what's there too look. and
    what shoes i'm wearing. i can walk fast if i
    need to get somewhere at a particular time.

but if i'm just strollin' i'll stroll. i like wandering.
    looking at stuff tied to fire hydrants/mailboxes/poles
    and stickers on windows and graffiti. looking at
    people when they don't know it. sometimes i
    think i move to fast, and wish i could have
    captured a picture.

so many missed foto moments, but that's also
    cool in itself. little things. i like that about
    walking.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Wha, NF's walk...I walk randomly.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by ElizaJane View Post
    The other day I stumbled upon an article called "How to Recognize an INFJ". I thought this line was particularly interesting:

An INFJ walks erect and with purpose and they appear to be focused on where they are going.

I've been told this is how I walk, and now I am very aware of it. Long strides, erect posture, determined, and brisk.
    I'm an ENFJ and this is exactly how I walk! Erect posture, long strides, brisk, always look straight ahead and try to walk in a straight line
    We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull; some have weird names and all are different colours, but they all have to live in the same box.