• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and walking habits

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm not particularly graceful myself. I sort of shuffle along with small quick silent steps.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a bouncy walk. Someone said I walk like a kid.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
My friend who I have recently typed as INFJ - BEEJEEZUS - she walks like a german soldier - seriously - her shoulders are hunched, she walks extremely fast and is very focused which is weird because she is generally unfocused

meta

MBTI Type
infj
I walk very quickly, to the point that I've sometimes been asked, "Who's chasing you?"

If I'm with someone who doesn't walk as quickly, though, I match my pace to theirs.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a fast walker. Everyone always asks me to slow the heck down. :)

thistledown

MBTI Type
INFP
I walk quite fast, either with my head down or looking up at the trees and sky (looking at everything but the cars on the street):) I usually do my best thinking while I'm walking, and leave people behind without realizing it. I also lose my way quite often because I'm not paying attention to where I'm going.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i liked that little exercise someone posted where Js are generally better at staccato movements and Ps are generally better at fluid movements.
not that i'm always super graceful, but i typically am much better at fluid movement. i have another NF friend who runs into doors a lot. :laugh:

anyway, i'm a pretty moderate speed walker. a friend once pointed out that when i'm very happy, i bounce.

it's true. :blushing:

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
I find that if you tighten your abdominal muscles, you automatically start walking faster.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
i walk VERY slowly unless I'm in a hurry or it's obvious I'm in someones way. I do this especially when someone notices and tells me to hurry up :alttongue: i'm just enjoying the walk!

unless you leave people behind, you're not gonna get there any faster than the slowest person walking...you're gonna get to a certain point and then stop and wait so it makes zero sense to me to continue walking that quickly if you have to wait for a slower walker to catch up anyway.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
I've noticed this about myself a long time ago and noticed at least one other NF personality who did this as well.

I don't do this anymore because I learned to fix it, but I used to walk with my weight on the outer sides of my feet, if that makes sense. It'd get to be so that every once in awhile, my ankle would slip and I'd twist my ankle. So, it's kind of like walking with the soles of my feet facing each other?

Ugh, don't know if that made any sense, but yeah. It was almost like my head wasn't high enough in the clouds that my feet would instinctively try and push me up.

Fenekk

MBTI Type
INFJ
I walk at a moderate-fast pace, generally, not super-fast but not slow either. If I am doing something or anticipating doing something I might walk faster. However if I don't want to go where I am going, I will walk slower... Heheh.

I walk with good posture, though, and I keep my feet pretty close together, not so close that I trip over my own feet, though.

I run into doorframes and table edges a lot, too, go me.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
When I'm happy, I tend to bounce. I walk with a good posture, except during summer, because then the heat tends to ruin my mood and get me tired and those things ruin my posture too. Many people have compared my walk to a horse walk, probably because I almost always wear heels (I can't walk on flats). I walk with a moderate or high speed, but I take relatively small steps (because of my heels). When I'm tired and during summer, I walk slowly. When I don't have a purpose, I don't walk, I just wander. I rarely bump up to things.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually tend to walk pretty fast, but I'm always hunched over (relatively), and stare at the ground.

And I don't frequently change directions, but I'll usually look up (a lot like a prairie dog that's heard a noise) when I forget where I'm going or realize something's made the way I was going less preferable (a hallway being too empty/too full, etc), and then will start out on a completely new path.

(EDIT: Another way you could think about it is that I look like a rat in a maze when I walk.)

Then sometimes I just walk and really don't have any set path in mind, and kind of meander around until I find some place that I'm looking for or feel is comfortable to relax in.

I get lost pretty frequently :blushing:

One time I wandered onto a construction site and got trapped behind a chain link fence...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I walk fast I hate walking I'm like damnit! I have to get to where i'm going quickly so i can sit sooner.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I walk fast I hate walking I'm like damnit! I have to get to where i'm going quickly so i can sit sooner.

I have to get to where I'm going quickly because I'm usually late lol

Arinn

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hahahaha, what a funny thread. Back to what arclight said. I do usually walk pretty fast, head staring down or sometimes giving people the bad looks, like the asian(grin + ignore). Srsly i hate walking sometimes and would just like to relax for a while. What could be said about typing people based on how they're dresses compared to how they walk :shock:. Interesting i say, bringing up another point, which NF type would walk romantically together without problems :hifive:

Razvan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9v8
Hahahaha, what a funny thread. Back to what arclight said. I do usually walk pretty fast, head staring down or sometimes giving people the bad looks, like the asian(grin + ignore). Srsly i hate walking sometimes and would just like to relax for a while. What could be said about typing people based on how they're dresses compared to how they walk :shock:. Interesting i say, bringing up another point, which NF type would walk romantically together without problems :hifive:

Hmmm, I used to walk like that in highschool and stil ldo a lot today, fast because I am always late :D, head starring down because it's the only way to walk and dream at the same time...it requires you to input minimum details while in my mind I am thinking about a lot of things, dreaming about something, or whatever.

Not sure there could be a corelation between type and way of walking...I know other INFPs who are different than me in this regard, but than again I am a bit more extroverted than they are (like 60% I 40 E ).

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
One day when I was very young, I watched people walking, and really, they were all walking the same way, so I decided to walk differently. I sort of have a "trotting" step, especially when I go down stairs. It's very leisurely, casual, playful.

Razvan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9v8
oh yeah, my ISTJ best friend once told me in highschool I walk a bit jumpy, but that goes well with me having my head in the clouds all the time. :)

I think my way of walking is more related to my mood. If I am happy , I will probably look around breathe deeply, walk slow to enjoy everything, analyse all people around me, trying to think were they are going how is their life and so on. If I am unhappy or stressed or caught in some thought, I will walk fast (if I am hurrying because I am late or just for no reason, because I want to get home as soon as possible to sit and meditate or whatever)< I will keep my head down or focused on the road, though ocasionaly I may be too caught in what I am thinking and hit a branch or 2 (I am also 6"2) and ignore everything around me, be in a very introverted mood.