• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and walking habits

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I can think of one situation where my walking would get all messed up.
When it was raining and I was with my INFJ friend and I would give her my umbrella but I would try to stay under it myself.. I would lose my balance and almost fall over and I would constantly bump into her. :huh:

Ouroboros

MBTI Type
INFP
When I need to be somewhere, I walk really fast and with purpose. Actually, I generally walk pretty fast comparatively. If I am with friends or don't have a purpose, I stumble and wobble...and SWAY!

I'm this way. If I have a specific goal, I move fast and with tunnel vision, weaving around the occasional slowpoke. Whenever I don't have a specific goal and I have some time, I meander and look at everything but my path. I like looking up when I'm walking aimlessly.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I believe I need someone walking with me to give accurate observations about my walking habits :p

I don't know, I probably move fast. Arms usually don't know where to put, often try to put them in pockets. More I cannot really say.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I walk pretty fast. I want to get where I'm going now. When I'm with a group of friends, I'm always the one leading the pack, but never the one who knows where we're going. So I always have to look back to see if I'm still heading in the right direction. :doh:

I also can't walk in a straight line to save my life. If somebody's walking next to me they will get bumped into.

I space out while I'm walking, but I space out doing everything else too.

ElusiveRain

MBTI Type
INFP
Like others, I'll walk fast and with purpose when I'm heading somewhere (especially if I'm late). However, when I'm more at leisure, I've had the occasional companion comment on the rocky, bumpy path down which it seems I alone tend to be walking:blush:.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I walk fast naturally. And I tread lightly. Because clomping really bothers me. As do some people who thwack their flip flops so obnoxiously.

Falling Snow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3&7
I went to a 20 year on school reunion (nearly 20 years ago lol) and one of my classmates pointed out that I walked exactly the same and I asked her what she meant and she described my walk exactly as in the article in the OP. I'd seen the article before and it had brought a grin to my face thinking back to my classmate's comment. I have a kind of striding, slightly bouncy walk.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think like most things it depends on the situation. Sometimes I walk looking around at everything and soaking it up, feeling in tune with my surroundings. Sometimes I walk looking nowhere with my mind wandering off in thought. The speed of my walking depends whether the walk or the destination interests me more. If I like the walk then why walk fast. I take my time and enjoy it, think, feel, etc. If I really want to see what is at the end of the walk then I'm happy to run even.

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I walk "with a purpose," briskly. My feet point apart usually and I enjoy my own stride, it's bouncy and calculated. I'm used to walking in shitty areas of town at night and falling asleep to gunshots, so I keep my head up and stay alert! Other than casual smiles and hellos, people never bother me while I'm out walking at any time of the day (well except to cat-call :rolli: and if they catch me on the right day they wish I hadn't when I'm chasing them down the street)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do walk with a purpose and direction. One moment I'm graceful, and then I end up bumping into things. I wondered if there was something wrong with me, but it's inferior extroverted sensing that leaves me at a disadvantage. Something to work on!

illuscat

MBTI Type
INFJ
I rarely bump into things, but I often have near-misses with people.

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
I walk fast mostly and quite purposfully. I don't bump into things. People very often stop me though and ask for direction. It mystifies me why they are asking me, but mostly I can be helpful. This happens occasionally even when I'm on vacation in a different country, which is even more puzzling.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I walk fast mostly and quite purposfully. I don't bump into things. People very often stop me though and ask for direction. It mystifies me why they are asking me, but mostly I can be helpful. [...]

Heh... this is true for me, too. I get stopped fairly often even though I walk like a man on a mission. Unfortunately, I'm not so good with street names so my personal, quirky landmarks lead to unhelpful directions (like "turn right at the street that has the park with the 70s seating inspired by Marquis De Sade). My low point was not being able to name a street on my daily walk to work... turns out the street name is my first name. Since then I've boned up on street names a bit, just to avoid further embarrassment.

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
Haha. Sometimes it's hard to notice that which is straight before your eyes.

I also walk to work everyday and don't pay too much attention to street names, especially not in the morning...zzz

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
People have told me I walk with my head in the clouds as if I was totally unaware that I have a body. Many have asked me if I was limping as well. The OP description doesn't describe my walking style very well. But I might look determined and erect when I am heading somewhere important and I'm in a hurry.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Who walks anymore? I fly.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
Walking habbits?! I don't know. A moderate to slow pace?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i walk pretty fast if i have a clear destination.
if not. then i'm just sortof prancing along.
very clumsy. very bumpy-into-things/people.