First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    When I was younger, I was terribly clumsy and would trip over books and clothing and people even, so now I look down a lot to make sure there's nothing in my path. Plus, I tend to daydream and forget where I am, so I assumed it'd be best not to look at people while I'm zoning out They'd be confused at why I'm staring at them for so long.
    Yeah. I used to bump into things A LOT. Still do. I bruise up pretty often- in the kitchen, bathroom, at work, supermarket, you name it.

I have a habit of trying to carry lots of things at once when I'm walking (too lazy to make a 2nd trip), and then either destroying, dropping, and having to bend over and pick up things constantly. I get WTF looks pretty often, and when I daze, people go: "you need help finding something? you look lost." Thx.

I love skipping and hopping on shopping carts when no one's looking. I love speeding on them like skateboards!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Im an INFP and when unless I am outside trying to enjoy the view I walk really fast
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by kiddykat View Post
    I love skipping and hopping on shopping carts when no one's looking. I love speeding on them like skateboards!
    I do that, too! *hifi*

Also, my mind read "buggy" instead of "shopping cart." Of course I'm not Southern!

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    Usually with head down ,hands in pockets and get the hell out of my way..
    I walk fast and with purpose .. Comes from a life time of not driving
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Haha. There might not be a pattern. But yes, I happen to walk while standing up. And I always have a purpose. I usually walk quite fast and I always have a specific route planned out. I might not appear to be quite "there" while walking, though. I swear it's a miracle I haven't been hit by a car.
    Yeah, I'm similar.

I tend to walk fast because thoughts of what's next and where I need to get to are very present in my mind. And I walk with my head lowered, eyes staring at the pavement because its easier to think when I have less visual stimulation. And for some reason, walking seems to really kick start my brain. Even if I try to stop myself looking down/thinking, I revert back to it without noticing - it seems to happen unconsciously. Unless somethings really out of the ordinary, I don't tend to notice (well, properly take in) my surroundings.

I guess outwardly I look somber and withdrawn, as if I have a sign on my forehead that says "don't you dare speak to me".

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Yeah, I'm similar.

I tend to walk fast because thoughts of what's next and where I need to get to are very present in my mind. And I walk with my head lowered, eyes staring at the pavement because its easier to think when I have less visual stimulation. And for some reason, walking seems to really kick start my brain. Even if I try to stop myself looking down/thinking, I revert back to it without noticing - it seems to happen unconsciously. Unless somethings really out of the ordinary, I don't tend to notice (well, properly take in) my surroundings.

I guess outwardly I look somber and withdrawn, as if I have a sign on my forehead that says "don't you dare speak to me".
    YES.. walking is when I always do my best thinking too.. and I have heard a few others over my life mention this as well..
    What is it about walking that gets the mind cogs grinding??

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

they tend to walk diagonally and make spontaneous turns and stops. When I go shopping with them, it's like playing bumper cars.
    "I am walking like this because I am high, you are walking like this because you are 'Rebe'."

"Imagine how she walks when she is drunk!"

"'Rebe', walk in a straight line damn it!"

I think it has gotten worse as I have gotten older. When I need to be somewhere, I walk really fast and with purpose. Actually, I generally walk pretty fast comparatively. If I am with friends or don't have a purpose, I stumble and wobble...and SWAY!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    If I am with friends or don't have a purpose, I stumble and wobble...and SWAY!
    Yeah. And since I usually have a song playing in my head, I'll be following a beat that no one else hears, and flitting around the obstacles (such as other people) like a aimless bee

Makes the Brownian motion seem perfectly planned and predictable
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ElizaJane View Post
    But I have a few of INFP friends, and they all walk slower than me, and they tend to walk diagonally and make spontaneous turns and stops. When I go shopping with them, it's like playing bumper cars. (Don't get me wrong it's endearing, not irritating. Hopefully they feel the same way about my walking style!)
    Yes, I walk in a crooked path & knock into people by mistake...and poles. Poles like to jump in front of me out of nowhere. But I often walk fast while looking down, because I am rather nervous and want to pass by unnoticed, and since my mind is elsewhere, I am literally not stopping to smell the roses (as there often aren't any ). However, I still manage to have a "floaty" quality. I avoid eye contact with people and probably seem a bit "dazed". There's always a danger of inadvertently "staring" when daydreaming, as someone else mentioned, so keeping eyes down is best.

If the atmosphere is particularly nice, then I may do the opposite: head craned up in a dreamy gaze, sauntering slowly, and now oblivious to obstacles below. Instead of running into poles, I then trip over things and fall off steps .

Oh, and I also move in an "illogical" order. I will go here for something, then cross there for something else, and then back to the first spot, when I probably could have done it in a more efficient way. When I go grocery shopping, I am crossing back & forth all over the store .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

In addition to many other anomalies, I walk on tippy toes a lot.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I thought that article was funny about the INFJs and being clumsy/uncoordinated. That's me for sure!