• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Two Types @ Once?

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Does anyone feel like they are like this? I channel that I'll get a response that states that you are what you relate more to. Not arguing against that. It may as well be like that, but what if you constantly see both types in ur everyday life? This may be a common thing, but I'm asking for my own curiosity's sake.

I'm an IsFP. So nearly InFP. Composer and Healer. I'm neither too healing nor too composing. It's interesting. I feel like I live in between. The art of music and social psychology are my favorite areas. I say I sense more because I live in the moment quite vividly. Yet, even in the moment I get lost in the fog of my imagination of things. I see so clearly when I snap out of it. It's actually not easy being this way. Time passes too easily...and it's easy to forget my purpose for doing and being. I digress, though.

Anyone have this even split thing goin' on?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah. Personalities don't come presorted into discrete categories.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
yeah, i switch between INfP and INtP. i recognize both types in my personality and i feel like i could sort of adjust to being either...

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
Yeah, well i guess you've just read my mind once again.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Cool. So all personalities are subject to vary among and between types. Makes sense. People's minds are pretty intricate. Glad I can identify with some of you, too.

Now if you please, tell me what you INFPs are like. How do you do in school, do you daydream often, what's the view like through your eyes?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, if a type system is done properly, then this shouldn't happen. You can't be two types, and such a thing would be a sign of the system's errors.

If you look at it as a trait system though, you can say that there's perhaps a descending list of the traits in terms of how much you have them. That's not as rigid as type, but still, you couldn't say you were precisely two categories at once unless you just happened to have equal amounts of multiple traits.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Now if you please, tell me what you INFPs are like. How do you do in school, do you daydream often, what's the view like through your eyes?

weren't you listed as ISTP not too long ago? If you go from ISTP to considering INFP you really are all over the place!

To answer your question...I did poorly in high school. Graduated with a 2.0 gpa and no ambitions or ideas of what to do afterward. Hated waking up so early to do busy work. In college now I'm a 3.0+ student. I'm still a bad student though, I don't know how that happened.

I suppose I daydream often. I'd rather be at home and experience things through my head rather than actually having to do them most of the time. Most people can not grip this when I explain myself. Some people tell me that's lame, when I felt I was living my life just fine, doing things the way I wanted to do them. If that meant staying at home writing or drawing and doing self-research, whatever.

What is it like to view the world through my eyes? this is hard to explain. I don't know anything more about the world than other people, in fact they probably know more about it than me. I go through a lot of different perspectives, I try and understand a bunch of different angles before I formulate an opinion. Contrary to some INFPs I know, who use Fi stubbornly. The one thing I cannot stand, so I consciously try and avoid that. Also, I never fully come to a conclusion. I stay open to ideas and shades of grey, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer for most things, because there are so many possibilities. This includes morality/ethics, laws, whatever. Although when I present myself to the world I am honest, respectful, kind, etc.

I didn't mean to write that much about myself.

what do you think?

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks, man. Oh, my ISTP days... Somehow I had often tested as one back then. Then I started feeling more over time. Just goin' with the flow. I'm ISFP to stay, probably, but my Se and Ne rival.

My Ne is a bit less noticeable. I'm glad you typed all you did. Just what I needed. Your views are interesting. Definitely resonates of extraverted intuition. I rely so much on my sensing that I'm unsure how I use my own intuition. Too glued to the openness of the atmosphere. I think it's wise you keep yourself as open as you do. I actually admire what you described. Sensing, however, is just too much fun! *jumps off walls*

But as far as daydreaming and school go, we're bros. *sighs*

Last edited:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Thanks, man. Oh, my ISTP days... Somehow I had often tested as one back then. Then I started feeling more over time. Just goin' with the flow. I'm ISFP to stay, probably, but my Se and Ne rival.

My Ne is a bit less noticeable. I'm glad you typed all you did. Just what I needed. Your views are interesting. Definitely resonates of extraverted intuition. I rely so much on my sensing that I'm unsure how I use my own intuition. Too glued to the openness of the atmosphere. I think it's wise you keep yourself as open as you do. I actually admire what you described. Sensing, however, is just too much fun! *jumps off walls*

But as far as daydreaming and school go, we're bros. *sighs*

yeah, no problem. I'm not sure what 'often' is regarding daydreaming. I do it a lot though, that's for sure.

Yeah you might just have some good Ni? I know an ISFP who's pretty Se oriented (obviously) but he's got some developed Tert Ni for sure. Sometimes really gets in his own world where he'll just zone out get lost.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ni makes you zone out? Maybe. The descriptions of introverted intuition sound funny to me. "A-Ha" moments and future stuff... That sound about right to you? When it comes to intuition I tend to ignore it. Unless I konk out, intuition mostly sees me through in music or artistic endeavors.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I did great in school - all the subjects came easily to me. I'm very book smart. I don't have very good "street smarts" though.

I daydream all the time. My imagination is more real to me than reality sometimes.

I can relate a bit to your OP because in some moments, I am very alert to the external & enjoy sopping it up like a sponge, but to me, it feels almost "hyper real". I think it overwhelms me & that's why I retreat into my head again. I have a hard time staying "in-the-moment" for very long.

I fancy myself an artist and am very visual though. I suppose I see the external world as fodder for my imagination - it's just a place to launch ideas off of, the start to future possibilities. I soak it up as inspiration.

For the record, from these posts, I get an ISFP vibe from you. There's a certain calm, gentleness they exude, and INFPs are just ever so slightly more "frenetic" because of the restlessness iNuition gives you. It's a subtle difference.

Fi-doms tend to look for meaning and truth, especially in areas that deal with human relationships, and of all the SPs, ISFPs are most likely to take an interest in psychology (see Gifts Differing for that reference).

People tend to associate imagination with iNuition, but I think that the nature of Fi is so abstract that it makes for a vivid internal world in itself.
From http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/introvertedfeeling.html:
"Feeling judgments....are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words" - I mean, that kind of thought process sounds very imaginative to me.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can vouch for that whole definition. Especially the feeling being less with words and having more of that introverted touch. I suppose it can be imaginative.

It feels good being noticed as an ISFP. haha Maybe I do mistake my intuition for Fi when I answer assessments. Although, the last one I took said my Se was but a sliver over my Ne. I can go for that because I greatly identify with Ne as my "suggestive (5th) function." So put by wikisocion anyways