• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] If you're feeling down...

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
Remember.

Life can be seemingly unbearable at times.
Life is beautiful. It is a gift, and we all know it.
We know it when we see all the beauty that surrounds us every single day. And we feel it when we know we're loved. When we feel truly and honestly happy.
The fog of obstacles often clouds our memory of this beauty, but it's still there.
Life is good,
you just have to go through some stuff to get to some stuff.
I feel at peace whenever I think of this.
Sometimes I feel like the luckiest person in the entire universe.
Sometimes I feel like I can't stand living one more second.
Sometimes I want to elbow everyone in the larynx.
But the world remains the same.
It doesn't change or adjust for people. People change and adjust their outlook.
It's like life is the Sun, and we are earth.
The Sun stays the same, but the earth is on a tilt, and it's always turning while revolving around the sun.
Sometimes it's day and sometimes it's night. But none is more or less beautiful than the other.
Just look up at the sky and remember, when times are tough, things will get better.
It's in your hands.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*starts humming*

Dang it, now "Kokomo" the song is stuck in my head assigned as my life lessons theme instead of "The More You Know" music from NBC! Do you know how hard it is to mentally record the appropriate sound effects for any given moment? Argh. :yim_rolling_on_the_

So what brought on this observation that the ocean is deep and vast? Just feeling infintesimal in this fantastically large multiverse of ours?

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
Feeling pensive + philosophical mood = this

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
Life is good,

word.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
listen to ska.
this song saved my life.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2yeNzL7rTU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2yeNzL7rTU[/YOUTUBE]

P

Phantonym

Remember.

Life is beautiful. It is a gift, and we all know it.
We know it when we see all the beauty that surrounds us every single day. And we feel it when we know we're loved. When we feel truly and honestly happy.
The fog of obstacles often clouds our memory of this beauty, but it's still there.
Life is good,
Sometimes I feel like the luckiest person in the entire universe.
Sometimes I feel like I can't stand living one more second.
Sometimes I want to elbow everyone in the larynx.
But the world remains the same.
It doesn't change or adjust for people. People change and adjust their outlook.
The Sun stays the same, but the earth is on a tilt, and it's always turning while revolving around the sun.
Sometimes it's day and sometimes it's night. But none is more or less beautiful than the other.
Just look up at the sky and remember, when times are tough, things will get better.
It's in your hands.

Look, this is all nice and fluffy and all that. And I don't mean to be such a downer but really...when you're feeling really, REALLY down, this stuff never works.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah Sky, but when she gets depressed, it's with Ne. Ni depression is the worst...cause not only are you depressed, but you can read into things to find "legitimate" reasons to support your depression.

P

Phantonym

Yeah Sky, but when she gets depressed, it's with Ne. Ni depression is the worst...cause not only are you depressed, but you can read into things to find "legitimate" reasons to support your depression.

Oh, is that what it is? Bloody Ni. *shakes fist*

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
whenever i feel down nowadays, i just try to calm myself down and repeat to myself that these are only feelings, which come and go, not the reality... and it's alright to feel those feelings, too. having down moments doesn't mean you're abnormal, or that you'll never feel good about anything again.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
f_SunLightEnem_963f880.jpg

It's in your hands.

(Yeah, it's a theme I've used elsewhere ...)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I sound more like Ni depression…

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the title reminds me of this:

When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know, downtown

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"things will get better" you have no right or insight to ever claim that, to claim it speaks true for everyone no matter what.

...maybe you're right. i hope you're right.

R

RDF

Remember.

Life is beautiful. It is a gift, and we all know it. [..]

If Life is a constant, then the nature of the constant doesn’t matter. What matters is our attitude toward the constant. For example:

A hot summer day can be beautiful. Or it can kill you if you don’t have enough water and shelter to get through the heat. The first snowfall of winter can be beautiful, or it can be deadly if you don’t have a jacket and a source of warmth. A life with lots of challenges can energize you, or it can stress you out and kill you with worries and bad health.

Life just is. It’s neither beautiful or terrible. It simply has good features and bad features. The good features can provide fun and consolation; the bad features will certainly kill you if you ignore them.

What matters is how we equip ourselves for life. Bring along water on a hot day, wear a jacket on a cold day, seek out relaxation in the midst of stress. Seek balance in order to neutralize the negatives that stress our body and mind while still enjoying the positive aspects of what Life provides.

Just saying. Happiness is learning to get in out of the rain. Or at least bringing along an umbrella.